Just updated and things seem a little bit quicker, my gmail account re-appeared no problems. Blackberry world has replaced app world but other than the name change i can see no difference (I am in Ireland however and we have licensing issues with video / music content - major gripe!) . I was hoping as part of the audio boost they might have addressed being able to control the volume of bluetooth speaker devices from the Playbook but no joy, its full blast all the way
    02-13-13 02:20 PM
    less fuzzyness on the video chat camera
    02-13-13 02:34 PM
    Do you lose your side-loaded apps with this update? Hate to have to re install them all...
    02-13-13 02:36 PM
    No difference tbh
    02-13-13 02:49 PM
    Nope Well I havent anyway
    02-13-13 02:54 PM
    Any update is a good update....thats what I keep telling myself anyway. I'm a little disappointed as I was expecting more ....a lot MORE. Oh well it is what it is.......BLACKBERRY
    02-13-13 02:55 PM
    Do you lose your side-loaded apps with this update? Hate to have to re install them all...
    No.
    But you will have to uninstall the bloatware again, as with every other update.
    02-13-13 02:57 PM
    The browser seems quite a bit smoother. There's not that big pause part way through the loading of a page.
    02-13-13 03:00 PM
    Best update ever!
    PlayBook update coming today!-playbook-update.jpg
    02-13-13 03:07 PM
    Installed the update, first thing I did was load up crackberry website. Checker boarding as usual and slow to load. Second website loaded, Sony's blog for the PS3 and Vita, checker boarding as usual and slow to load. Oh well. No demonstrable notice on websites I visit. At least it's not worse lol
    02-13-13 03:08 PM
    Any update is a good update....thats what I keep telling myself anyway. I'm a little disappointed as I was expecting more ....a lot MORE. Oh well it is what it is.......BLACKBERRY
    haha pretty much sums up my opinion smh. Well hopefully the next update will be the full one...I just feel bad for UK and Canadians that are stuck in la la land with no bridge capabilities with their z10. Hopefully that will change in march for us.
    02-13-13 03:13 PM
    I bet this is OS 3.0, which will be the last update before bb10
    You have any proof for that statement?

I'm in one of those moods
    02-13-13 03:16 PM
    No.
    But you will have to uninstall the bloatware again, as with every other update.
    What bloatware?
    02-13-13 03:20 PM
    What bloatware?
    Facebook, Twitter, NFB, PressReader, Zinio and so on. All bloatware to me, especially when they keep coming back with every update.

At least uninstalling them is quick and easy.
    02-13-13 03:23 PM
    Just updated and everything seems normal. Calendar working with Gmail just fine. Browser seems normal, don't think it's any faster.

Is there a fix list out this update?
    02-13-13 03:34 PM
    Just updated and things seem a little bit quicker, my gmail account re-appeared no problems. Blackberry world has replaced app world but other than the name change i can see no difference (I am in Ireland however and we have licensing issues with video / music content - major gripe!) . I was hoping as part of the audio boost they might have addressed being able to control the volume of bluetooth speaker devices from the Playbook but no joy, its full blast all the way

Mine adjusts the volume on the Bose soundock I splashed out on.....it was a bit iffy at first, but has been happily controlling it for a couple of months now without issue.
    pasalerno likes this.
    02-13-13 03:35 PM
    Is there a fix list out this update?
    yes , there is -- but that would require that you read the screen ...
    from BlackBerry PlayBook OS Updates - PlayBook Software Support - US

Software update v2.1.0.1526 Feb. 13, 2013

Includes the following updates for the W-Fi only PlayBook:

• Improvements to Gmail� and Yahoo!� account setup services
    • Enhancements to browser performance
    • Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12'
    • Renaming of BlackBerry App World� storefront to BlackBerry� World� storefront

Attachment 135768
    Last edited by Briard; 02-13-13 at 04:11 PM.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    02-13-13 03:55 PM
    yes , there is -- but that would require that you read the screen ...
    from BlackBerry PlayBook OS Updates - PlayBook Software Support - US

Software update v2.1.0.1526 Feb. 13, 2013

Includes the following updates for the W-Fi only PlayBook:

• Improvements to Gmail� and Yahoo!� account setup services
    • Enhancements to browser performance
    • Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12'
    • Renaming of BlackBerry App World� storefront to BlackBerry� World� storefront

Attachment 135768
    Nice ... thanks for this. But I'm still waiting for my maintainable bookmarks!!
    02-13-13 04:18 PM
    Best update ever!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Playbook update.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	135749
    I'd have that looked at mate.

Either I should take more water with it, or that screen is crooked, my friend.

A less trusting man than myself, would probably just give you 3/10 for either copying somebody else's image, or knocking one up (fnar) in a very slapdash fashion - but not me, I'm more trusting. I'm sure the pic is too-legit-to-quit, and there's just some issue with your PlayBook having a crooked screen. Either that, or your camera is drunk.

Did you know, there's a photo manipulation program, not totally unlike photoshop, but called gimp?
    Morpheus likes this.
    02-13-13 04:31 PM
    Who said they are not? My guess any BB10 update for the PlayBook isn't coming till May when the BlackBerry Live conference is.
    I was complaining about bridge function to an insider and thier reply was in would be much happier with my playbook in May
    02-13-13 04:31 PM
    Nice ... thanks for this. But I'm still waiting for my maintainable bookmarks!!
    I guess everyone is waiting for A feature ..
    Only 3 things to do: Be bold. Be patient and, in the meantime, go take a nice long nap.
    02-13-13 04:33 PM
    I have 64gb and 16gb in the UK and I have downloaded OS version 2.1.0 1526 on the 16gb device fine!

What I would like to know is what do I have?
    02-13-13 04:54 PM
    Facebook app is still broken, but don't tell me to use the browser because it sucks anyway. Checker boarding all the time. Even my PS3's browser doesn't checker board.
    02-13-13 05:14 PM
    I'd have that looked at mate.

Either I should take more water with it, or that screen is crooked, my friend.

A less trusting man than myself, would probably just give you 3/10 for either copying somebody else's image, or knocking one up (fnar) in a very slapdash fashion - but not me, I'm more trusting. I'm sure the pic is too-legit-to-quit, and there's just some issue with your PlayBook having a crooked screen. Either that, or your camera is drunk.

Did you know, there's a photo manipulation program, not totally unlike photoshop, but called gimp?
    Ohh poo, I forgot to post my disclaimer# at the bottom. [I'm actually really good with photoshop.] This is entirely legit. Must be lag on the update servers; either that or my friends sisters best friends aunties brother who works in R&D at Blackberry have pushed it just to my device early.

I have heard of gimp, but use photoshop for work so have never given it a try.

#Disclaimer
    This is meant to look badly done, I took the original "Leaked bb10 for PB photo and cut and pasted app screenshots on top of the originals. I thought it would give people a giggle in among all of the negative posts.
    02-13-13 05:15 PM
    I have 64gb and 16gb in the UK and I have downloaded OS version 2.1.0 1526 on the 16gb device fine!

What I would like to know is what do I have?
    Lupus? Is it Lupus?

No, it's never Lupus...
    02-13-13 05:16 PM
142 ... 23456