@ 10:30pm (11/6/2011) I turn on my PB and a software update notification pops up next to the screen orientation icon. The icon was supposedly for a "software update" but it was to the exact same version that I already had. The "update" downloaded in less than 10 seconds so I know it was not an "official re-download" of the software that I had. Did anyone experience this?
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    11-06-11 09:51 PM
    not yet but there is supposed to be some type of update for minor bug fixes according to another Post on here
    11-06-11 09:59 PM
    This has been covered in other threads. I believe I read that it may have something to do with your possibly having deleted something in the original os download or maybe something getting corrupted at some point. Several people have experienced this, it is not the new os, just a part of the one you already have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 10:06 PM
    [QUOTE=Chrysalis just a part of the one you already have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

that explains why it was such a short download.
    11-06-11 10:24 PM
    This has been covered in other threads. I believe I read that it may have something to do with your possibly having deleted something in the original os download or maybe something getting corrupted at some point. Several people have experienced this, it is not the new os, just a part of the one you already have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If that is correct ... a self repairing OS is a pretty nifty feature!
    axllebeer and UltraBlackBerry like this.
    11-07-11 04:52 AM
    I just had a 3mb update. I'm guess this could be because I deleted something that needed to be replaced, but it is funny how it just popped when this post showed up.
    11-07-11 05:22 AM
    I am having the same experience, while at the same time Kobo has failed to work correctly. I think it is possible that Kobo is corrupting something which is why the OS update keeps sending a "repair."
    11-07-11 08:30 AM
    I am having the same experience, while at the same time Kobo has failed to work correctly. I think it is possible that Kobo is corrupting something which is why the OS update keeps sending a "repair."
    Actually this is what happens: if you deleted and reinstaled Kobo, you got version 1.0.0 on your PB again. Just 2 days ago I did this and yesterday checked for updates.... Downloaded them and my familiar Kobo app was back again, at a higher version number. So yes, the OS "repairs" itself.... but not the Kobo app.
    11-10-11 03:43 AM
    I did experience this, when I went to the US and logged in using AT&T Hotspot, where the PlayBook did an update to install 7Digital Store.
    11-10-11 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD