http://www.blackberryos.com/content/...pictured-5908/

Check this out. Could it be coming soon?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:07 PM
    Phone function button why? Lol

Posted via CB10
    BerryClever likes this.
    04-30-13 10:09 PM
    http://www.blackberryos.com/content/...pictured-5908/

Check this out. Could it be coming soon?

Posted via CB10
    Well, BlackBerry Live is coming up soon, so it might be possible that we're going to see it there. Something about that photo feels a little off however, but maybe it's because I expected them to make more changes to the OS for the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:09 PM
    Sorry just realised this is in the wrong part of the forum but don't know how to move it.

Posted via CB10
    Tsaishen likes this.
    04-30-13 10:10 PM
    Also it should be noted that as the article states, this is apparently the playbook running an engineering driver test, so of course it isn't anywhere near the final build.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:12 PM
    This looks sketchy probably some one who beat me to photo shop. Unless if this is a dev version of BlackBerry 10 on the pb.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-30-13 10:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Jes... Just maybe having your Z10 charging in the other room and answering the phone from your Playbook so that when you walk into the room where the Z10 is, you are already online with your call?

Just a guess eh?
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    04-30-13 10:16 PM
    After having a closer look, I think this is most likely fake.

1. Extremely easy to Photoshop. It's just a stretched Z10 UI, literally nothing has changed from the Z10.
    2. The battery icon in the corner indicates that it's charging, but it doesn't seem to be plugged into anything.

Having said that, there could be logical explanations for both of these, but I'm inclined to believe that this is a fake.

Posted via CB10
    funnhome and Knightcrawler like this.
    04-30-13 10:17 PM
    Also it should be noted that as the article states, this is apparently the playbook running an engineering driver test, so of course it isn't anywhere near the final build.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but now that I am used to the Z10 interface, the current PB OS seems so... ahem long ago...

04-30-13 10:17 PM
    Hey Jes... Just maybe having your Z10 charging in the other room and answering the phone from your Playbook so that when you walk into the room where the Z10 is, you are already online with your call?

Just a guess eh?
    I like the idea,ahh mobile computing

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:18 PM

1. Extremely easy to Photoshop. It's just a stretched Z10 UI, literally nothing has changed from the Z10.
    2. The battery icon in the corner indicates that it's charging, but it doesn't seem to be plugged into anything.

No disrespect, but the either thats one helluva (Mission Impossible-like) fake or the interface now accommodates the increased landscape. The aspect ratio of the pic (I am no expert) seems inline...

Having said that, there could be logical explanations for both of these, but I'm inclined to believe that this is a fake.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the battery part threw me a bit too.

And I'm not saying it's genuine, i just thought it looked interesting, as it's the first I've seen of the playbook running 10, even if it is photoshoped. I'm not sure if the explanation given in the article helps explain anything, though it does say that like most leaks it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Either way, it has renewed my excitement for BB10 on my playbook.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:24 PM
    Just wait 'til you guys see what drops tonight about the PlayBook (...hopefully)

Just do me a solid, and don't retweet those dumbasses into my timeline.

#kthanxbyeNot surprised to see that the typical trolls are out in full force with these tablet comments taken out of context from Heins.
    These Tweets came across my Twitter account about six hours ago. You guys are so skeptical. We will get BB10 on the PlayBook. Patience, Patience, Patience.

Sent from my looooong waited for Z10
    04-30-13 11:02 PM
    Where is that thing charging from? See nothing plugged in at all
    But it does seem cool on the PlayBook if that's the way they would go with it
    04-30-13 11:32 PM
    Just wait 'til you guys see what drops tonight about the PlayBook (...hopefully)
    huh??
    05-01-13 10:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    all the hardware to make calls w/ the pb is there,,, i've been saying ,for quite a while now, that BB10 should bring ALL bridged phone functions to the pb,,, that would make it not only a brand new device, but every playbook owner (all 2 million of 'em) would be a walking billboard for BB & BB10,,, there are already devices out there, i.e. Asus Padfone ( ASUS - PadFone Infinity ), that have this functionality,,, & i'll tell ya right now, if Asus would load BB10 into this beast, i'd be AAALLL over it...
    05-01-13 11:26 AM
    something else i've mentioned often, there are already playbooks in the wild running BB10--->>> How to Run #BB10 on your BlackBerry #PlayBook ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB
    nappp and j21jam6 like this.
    05-01-13 11:31 AM

Just do me a solid, and don't retweet those dumbasses into my timeline.

#kthanxbyeNot surprised to see that the typical trolls are out in full force with these tablet comments taken out of context from Heins.
    These Tweets came across my Twitter account about six hours ago. You guys are so skeptical. We will get BB10 on the PlayBook. Patience, Patience, Patience.

spill it J21,,, just spill it,,, don't leave us hangin',,, just leave the source out of it...
    05-01-13 11:32 AM
    That was an actual Tweet I got yesterday afternoon. The picture that this thread is about, obviously is what he was referring to.

yellowhammer likes this.
    05-01-13 11:42 AM
    I'm not privy to any inside information. I was just passing along a tweet I received yesterday afternoon. When I read this thread last night it dawned on me that this is the PlayBook news he was referring to. One nugget I would like to pass on is in regards to the pessimistic attitudes that pervade this site. CB has changed for the worse over the last year. Suddenly, most threads are full of negative comments, snide remarks, and generally bad vibes. CB is still my go to source for all things BlackBerry. It just gets tough wading through all the BS to find the help that was once readily available.

05-01-13 11:57 AM
    I'm not privy to any inside information. I was just passing along a tweet I received yesterday afternoon. When I read this thread last night it dawned on me that this is the PlayBook news he was referring to. One nugget I would like to pass on is in regards to the pessimistic attitudes that pervade this site. CB has changed for the worse over the last year. Suddenly, most threads are full of negative comments, snide remarks, and generally bad vibes. CB is still my go to source for all things BlackBerry. It just gets tough wading through all the BS to find the help that was once readily available.

you ain't alone there,,, even the usual suspects have disappeared or gone into hiding in the 100k thread,,, &, imo, the info you speak of is either fluff or 2nd hand news anymore...
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-01-13 12:07 PM

Yeah i got that tweet in my timeline too, and then the guy tweeted this article, so i thought i'd share it here. I'm really looking forward to BB10 on the Playbook, regardless of whether or not this is what it will eventually look like.

And yeah, i haven't been a member on here for that long compared to a lot of people, but even i'm noticing the rise in negative threads starting/comments being made. Where's the Blackberry love gone?
    05-01-13 12:43 PM
    To be honest, if BB10 looks like that on the playbook I'll miss OS 2.1. Seems better suited for a tablet interface. BB10 functionality with a 2.1 look would be great, but its not even out yet so who am i to judge.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    05-01-13 07:13 PM
    Where's the Blackberry love gone?
    The silence on BB10 for PB killed it for alot of us PB owners who can't afford fancy new phones!
    05-02-13 01:56 PM
    Maybe it's "Sharing a Screen" from the z10. You know mobile commuting, one screen, phone being the brain and all that lol

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:02 PM
65 123