Hello All
    i bought a new playbook 64GB , while trying to update it to OS2 , a connection failure went out , i tried to re update it , using different WIFI networks and each time it gave me the ERROR 300

i tried to debrick it , every time i connect it - with all the guiding lines done perfectly- to the DM it says your playbook is not fully set up finish the set up - or continue it and reconnect it again!

Help is needed
    05-28-12 10:53 PM
    Tried a security wipe ?

Edit; try this if you've tried a security wipe

1) turn OFF the PB
    2) on PC startup DM, Make sure you have an Internet connection.
    3) connect PC<>PB by USB
    4) PB will startup
    5) DM will ask if you want to re-install OS, click YES
    6) DM will install the current official OS
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 05-29-12 at 01:36 AM.
    05-29-12 01:26 AM
    Thank you for helping me
    the playbook now shows only the interface of the point in which a wifi network is needed to complete the update so i can't wipe it or use it as there is NO OS on it

I've been downloading it through the DM with two un identified errors .
    how can i solve this issue.
    05-29-12 09:35 AM
    Have you updated you DM to DM v7 ? You also can try and google for that error code you've received
    05-30-12 12:12 AM
    I had the problem updating when I first got a Playbook. It had to be returned to the store.
    05-30-12 04:20 AM
    Thank you for helping me
    the playbook now shows only the interface of the point in which a wifi network is needed to complete the update so i can't wipe it or use it as there is NO OS on it

I've been downloading it through the DM with two un identified errors .
    how can i solve this issue.
    There's somehow something corrupted in your installation.
    Try this ;

1. Uninstall DM fom your desktop. reboot. (you must uninstall it, do not proceed by upgrade)
    2. Get a fresh install of latest (official) DM here : BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    3. Install it back
    4. Follow precisely the steps given by jeroen13

1) turn OFF the PB [This means press the power button for at least 10-15 secs until full black screen and no led]
    2) on PC startup DM [wait until it fully loads], Make sure you have an Internet connection.
    3) connect PC<>PB by USB
    4) PB will startup
    5) DM will ask if you want to re-install OS, click YES ["Unable to connect" popup, see buttons at the bottom: if it does not prompt, tell us]
    6) DM will install the current official OS
    5. When upgrading to PB OS2, you have to update the PB drivers on your desktop. Usually, this comes at the end of the installation. If not, PB/DM won't communicate properly after you upgrade. In that case, you should find (once PB USB connected) a black circular icon ("blackberry CD ?") into your " My computer " folder. Open it and launch the setup.

Let us know ...
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-30-12 06:13 AM
    There's somehow something corrupted in your installation.
    Try this ;

1. Uninstall DM fom your desktop. reboot. (you must uninstall it, do not proceed by upgrade)
    2. Get a fresh install of latest (official) DM here : BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    3. Install it back
    4. Follow precisely the steps given by jeroen13
    5. When upgrading to PB OS2, you have to update the PB drivers on your desktop. Usually, this comes at the end of the installation. If not, PB/DM won't communicate properly after you upgrade. In that case, you should find (once PB USB connected) a black circular icon ("blackberry CD ?") into your " My computer " folder. Open it and launch the setup.

Let us know ...
    I exactly followed it but no luck. My computer crashed when new OS was getting installed. Now when I connect PB back it starts and displays Blackberry Playbook and nothing happens afterwards. Does it mean it is installing in the background or not doing anything? This is unbelievable from RIM. I am losing trust in RIM's BB10 if they can't make fixing this kind of issues transparent to customer considering every device is hooked up to internet. RIM should be able to write some automated diagnostic s/w. When there is an issue it should connect to a service centre run by RIM and an agent should be available to chat with the customer. It should be able to find customer's phone number based on the registration for that particular device and call the customer to resolve the issue. Don't RIM think that kind of customer service experience will build loyal consumers
    06-03-12 08:10 PM
    I exactly followed it but no luck. My computer crashed when new OS was getting installed. Now when I connect PB back it starts and displays Blackberry Playbook and nothing happens afterwards. Does it mean it is installing in the background or not doing anything? This is unbelievable from RIM. I am losing trust in RIM's BB10 if they can't make fixing this kind of issues transparent to customer considering every device is hooked up to internet. RIM should be able to write some automated diagnostic s/w. When there is an issue it should connect to a service centre run by RIM and an agent should be available to chat with the customer. It should be able to find customer's phone number based on the registration for that particular device and call the customer to resolve the issue. Don't RIM think that kind of customer service experience will build loyal consumers
    There's something wrong with your computer ...
    Plug your PB into the Wall charger and let it charge at least for one hour.
    In the meantime perform a full online virus check (ex : Free Online Virus Scan - Antivirus Software - Trend Micro USA) and clean whatever has to be healed.

1/ Uninstall Desktop Manager and reboot
    2/ Install Desktop Manager (BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com) and reboot (if asked)
    3/ Unplug your PB from the wall charger, IMPORTANT : be sure it's completely OFF (as explained before)
    4/ Start DM
    5/ Plug PB to USB->Computer (use the RIM provided USB cable)

If you're not getting the "cannot connect to device" popup, either you didn't stop full the PB or there's a problem with : a/ your computer b/ your PB. I suggest, if you can, you do the above procedure on another computer before invoking the b/ option ...
    06-04-12 03:39 AM
    The problem is with your pc, funny how people immediately blam RIM lol

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk
    06-04-12 09:55 AM
    Make sure your pb is off, take it in a dark room to see if there is any screen glow at all. If it isn't off hold the power button for 20 seconds and look again. Uninstall dm and reboot, download the newest dm from RIM and install. Reboot, open dm, make sure pb is off and connect to the computer, choose update, repair.
    06-04-12 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD