My wifi isn't working in the last 2.0 OS build so I'm charging my playbook a bit so I can load it using desktop manager. Hopefully I get the update. I just registered 5 mins ago.
    12-15-11 09:48 PM
    Mine's updating now. I think I was on the "Android Beta" (if there even is such a thing) and it ran great (only two browser crashes that I remember). I had to register for the "SDK 2.0 Beta" to get the update. Sure hope it doesn't ruin a good thing...
    12-15-11 09:52 PM
    Overall it feels solid. Had a little problem with loading android player. A restart fix it. Feels all around smoother to me. I know in the last beta build the browser was very buggy for me. It seems so far that the bugs no longer exist in this new build.
    12-15-11 09:55 PM
    Interested in finding out if this breaks the Dingleberry jailbreak as I jailbroke my PB last night and got the Android Market running on it in order to use Milestone XProtect Mobile on it...

If anyone else here has there PB jailbroken with Dingleberry and is running the Android Market and is brave enough to try this latest OS 2.0 release please post here to let us know whether or not it breaks the jailbreak and/or the Android Market.

Thanks in advance!
    12-15-11 09:56 PM
    one good think i see is the reload button in the browser is working again as it should without opening the url bar,dint know if the browser is really faster,but some sites feel feek more fluid and smooth.
    Android player works,feels better too.The android app icon are smaller than the native app ones for some reason.
    My keyboard lag seems gone too,typing with the lag was confusing,because the letters were displayed after typing with a noticable delay
    Continue testing,will post i something new comes up.
    12-15-11 10:19 PM
    reregistered my pb and now its showing a update to .4869 (im on 1.0.8) intresting
    12-15-11 10:19 PM
    Installed update and now launcherpro is still working, but market is asking for an account.
    12-15-11 10:26 PM
    reregistered my pb and now its showing a update to .4869 (im on 1.0.8) intresting
    did you register on the "runtime for android" site or "sdk 2.0" site? I'm betting android.
    12-15-11 10:29 PM
    the market always needs an accoubt,cant see the problem here,login and it should work
    Update:browser already crashed twice so stability doesnt seem better as is the ram usage.
    I hope the fix this till feb,whats the point in great multitasking,if 3 apps almost use the whole gig so everthing crashes
    12-15-11 10:32 PM
    the market always needs an accoubt,cant see the problem here,login and it should work
    Update:browser already crashed twice so stability doesnt seem better as is the ram usage.
    I hope the fix this till feb,whats the point in great multitasking,if 3 apps almost use the whole gig so everthing crashes

It is not letting me. I may have to reinstall it.
    12-15-11 10:35 PM
    new led option in notifications. ;D

EDIT: drop down in appworld...
    Last edited by RDslva; 12-15-11 at 10:48 PM.
    arvindh and RicThot like this.
    12-15-11 10:39 PM
    Agreed. Biggest issue with 2.0 so far. two apps and two tabs and crash. two or three times later and it's down to one app and two tabs and crash. Very frustrating. I was hoping this update would help with the problem --- I guess not.
    12-15-11 10:40 PM
    seems so,i wont try dingling nor market,dont see the real benefit.
    But its really nice to see that i you have 3 apps open,u use one for a while,you wanna switch to the other inly realizing that akl other apps crashed.
    I think this is because of the ridiculous ram management,why does the os eat up so much ram.At least my gallery app doesnt freeze at the moment.
    After all,there is still much left to do for rim,but its clearly better than the last awful beta
    12-15-11 10:42 PM
    i was running browser with three tabs, android app (imdb) and score mobile and had no issues. no browser crashes in the hour I've been up and running. all's good on my PB.
    12-15-11 10:44 PM
    holy f***,they finally implemented a2dp,tested right now with my bt headset,work flawless,i am so happy,waited so long for that ,yeah
    shupor, wobly and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-15-11 10:47 PM
    holy f***,they finally implemented a2dp,tested right now with my bt headset,work flawless,i am so happy,waited so long for that ,yeah
    really? they got A2DP?? Gahhh i want to instal it too now, along with that faster browser
    12-15-11 10:49 PM
    Bridge finally works.
    Last edited by RDslva; 12-15-11 at 10:58 PM.
    12-15-11 10:51 PM
    My fingers are crossed there is no freezing...
    12-15-11 10:55 PM
    ok lets put together what i have found till now
    +better browsing experince
    +!!!A2DP!!! controls work too
    +reload buttons works again as it should
    +my constant freezes and lags seem gone
    +LED notification option
    -browser stability still bad
    -ram management also still bad

right now i have to say its one of the better updates,for sure the best beta.
    But they really need to work on the stability and ram usage.
    I am happy i updated,was really annoyed by the last beta.
    12-15-11 10:59 PM
    glow notifications aren't working for me (I do get the red asterisk on my messages icon though). and I can't delete email messages (bridged).

edit: I can delete emails, just needed to hold the "x" down longer
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 12-15-11 at 11:06 PM.
    12-15-11 11:01 PM
    can someone else please confirm a2dp!?

edit: ninja'd by nimrod. thanks! cant wait to update now! SCORE!
    12-15-11 11:02 PM
    Can anyone confirm the A2DP? I don't have a set of bluetooth headphones anymore but if its confirmed, I'll go ahead and purchase another set!
    12-15-11 11:02 PM
    Can somebody try video chat?
    12-15-11 11:04 PM
    Thanks for the info! I've been waiting for this foreever. You just made my day!
    Apparently we've got auto-text now. Can't seem to figure out how to initiate it, or find the dictionary.
398 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD