mmm, must be missing something then. I signed up to the beta website only - is there something else I have to do as I can't see any software on there, jus programs to join and they just seem to have forums , faq etc

Programmes joined

(Consumer) Global BlackBerry PlayBook Community
    (Consumer) BlackBerry Beta Zone

Do I just sit an wait for the call?

Wrong Beta Site..

Need to type your PB PIN into the following website..

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/
    blockbuy likes this.
    12-28-11 09:26 AM
    ah, I understand - https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/

easy to post the link.

so to be clear then is this working software which you can use through your daily life and report bugs, crashes etc as part of the condition - ie has all the workings of 1.0.8 + all the new stuff that 2.x brings - or is this 2.x just for developers at the moment?

It would seem by the number of posts the former
    12-28-11 09:27 AM
    Wrong Beta Site..

Need to type your PB PIN into the following website..

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/
    Thanks Zoban, clears my confusion - I blame the Christmas port :-)
    AnthonGMc likes this.
    12-28-11 09:29 AM
    When I loaded the last beta I lost all my preloaded pictures/wallpapers and I just had a basis blue screen. WHen I updated to this beta the wallpaper I had set under the offical OS is now there again but it doesn't show up in the pictures app. Not sure where that is being stored but I also down loaded a number of wallpapers from this site and am using those as my home screen wallpaper. Anyone else still have their offical OS wallpaper pictures after updating?
    /accounts/1000/shared/protected_media/wallpaper -> /apps/sys.data.wallpaper.gYAgJqi6F824h1CwDnH9pryMe8/assets/data/protected_media/wallpaper

Files: *.jpgp

Not sure why they were moved and "disabled", but the files are all there.
    01-06-12 10:13 PM
    No matter how I tried reinstalling OS, reinstalling bridge application, delete bridge partnership and re-establish, etc., the "Bridge Files" application is not existed.

I am using OS 2.0.6149 and BB 9800 with latest Blackberry Bridge on my BB 9800device...

Is that just me? Anyone can help?
    01-11-12 08:39 PM
    ah, I understand - https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/

easy to post the link.

so to be clear then is this working software which you can use through your daily life and report bugs, crashes etc as part of the condition - ie has all the workings of 1.0.8 + all the new stuff that 2.x brings - or is this 2.x just for developers at the moment?

It would seem by the number of posts the former
    It is a stripped down developer beta intended for developers to test their apps on. They made it avaliable for those that like to tinker to use also. Just don't expect it to be a public release beta like MS releases at times.
    01-12-12 07:37 AM
    i want to update to .6149 but its not workin anymore
    01-19-12 11:47 PM
    01-20-12 03:29 AM
    where i can download playbook os v.2.0.0.6149 coz when i register the os is v.2.0.0.7

and i hav register but when i check my pb theres nothing happen

now i use os 2.4869

Please Help link offline to download
    01-29-12 10:49 PM
    Hi all -

Registered a new Playbook running 1.0.8, at the following site (and the other one) https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/.../beta/register

Submitted the PIN and I have been waiting for 3 hours with nothing showing up in Software Update. Checked it a million times.

Any suggestions? Appreciate any ideas..

Thanks.
    02-04-12 10:54 PM
    I registered but only got the option to install the 1.0.8.6067....which is already loaded on my playbook.

Help?
    02-05-12 01:10 AM
    Beta may be suspended until the 2.0.xxxx official release comes out ?
    (you may also try the other link, for the Android developers https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/ ).
    Anyway, official release being on-line soon, I'd advice to stand to current official release until then ... and enjoy a "all-in-one" fresh and smart update. Keep the *wow* effect !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-05-12 at 06:25 AM.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-05-12 05:04 AM
    Just had my Playbook delivered via UPS, running 1.0.8.6067; it is requesting an update...but not sure to what version.
    02-06-12 05:05 PM
    Just had my Playbook delivered via UPS, running 1.0.8.6067; it is requesting an update...but not sure to what version.

Might aswell wait till os 2
    02-06-12 05:20 PM
    They've apparently fixed the server issues tonight. Try registering again and check for updates... (may not even need to re-register if you did it less than 24h ago... but no harm in trying).
    DSee likes this.
    02-06-12 06:18 PM
    I just now registered to test.. checked my PB its updating.. looks like its fixed.
    02-06-12 07:24 PM
    Right on it!!! If you register it now, it will work. Servers have been fixed. Thanks a lot guys
    02-06-12 07:51 PM
    I hope the servers were down because they were loading up the Official release...
    02-06-12 08:06 PM
    hello guys!

I've signed up for the developer update (.7111)..but halfway through the downloading process, I changed my mind not to give it a go until the official update comes.

M concern now is, is there anyway to hide or make the OS update notification go away because I don't want the developer build blocks the way for the upcoming official release.

Thanks.
    02-16-12 05:29 AM
    hello guys!

I've signed up for the developer update (.7111)..but halfway through the downloading process, I changed my mind not to give it a go until the official update comes.

M concern now is, is there anyway to hide or make the OS update notification go away because I don't want the developer build blocks the way for the upcoming official release.

Thanks.
    just wait for 24Hrs.
    husnimd likes this.
    02-16-12 05:42 AM
    hello guys!

Thanks.
    Why did you post a .7xxx related question in a .6xxx thread is beyond me. You'd be better off starting a new one than digging up this.
    02-16-12 07:15 AM
    im on version 1.0.8.6067
    should i try the os beta? im thinking if doing it or should i just wait till the 21st cause it will be a waiste of memory?
    02-18-12 01:39 PM
    Does 2.0 and Wireless N play nice together now? Can I set my router back to N/G instead of just G?
    02-18-12 02:20 PM
398 ... 141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD