Having watched most of the keynote this morning I noticed that the playbook was noticeably absent. Does this mean that BlackBerry will no longer be supporting it? I hope not, i use mine all the time, just curious as to what everyone else thinks..

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 09:51 AM
    It is still going on.
    uncle_numpty likes this.
    05-14-13 09:53 AM
    bbm coming to all platforms. Video chats to other platforms me think???
    05-14-13 09:56 AM
    Hopefully they announce at the end of the day that BB10 is brought up soon for the PlayBook...
    05-14-13 10:02 AM
    For the BB community's sake, they should keep their promise of bringing BB10 on the PlayBook.

Even if it does little economic sense if only direct earnings are taken into account, the cost of diminishing BB fans' trust in the company would be far more important.

Come on, BB, bring it on! I keep my fingers crossed
    05-14-13 10:11 AM
    I think it is folks...I am very disappointed. I got up early to watch this keynote and made sure I had my PlayBook charged just to be safe. Though there are a few days left in this Jam to be sure that I'm not jumping the gun, for me long term, I think it's time to start thinking about migration to another platform. It is becoming clear to me that BlackBerry abandons their current users...it's that simple. When my equipment dies, so will my loyalty to BlackBerry.

I think it's time to edit my avatar to include the text, "Used To"...

Someone in another thread made the comment "the irony is that iOS and Android will have BBM AND all the apps you could ever want without waiting, so what's the point now of staying loyal to BlackBerry?" Its making sense to me - though I hate to say it.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 05-14-13 at 10:53 AM.
    mmarco likes this.
    05-14-13 10:12 AM
    So has the event ended or will there be more coming up?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    05-14-13 10:13 AM
    They made the qwerty for the die hard BlackBerry users... they should push bb10 with the same commitment for those who want bb10 on their PlayBooks. although I understand the q10 is totally different as it'd the first bb10 phone

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:15 AM
    Yes Playbook is officially dead, thanks to Mr Heins
    vipkyd likes this.
    05-14-13 10:17 AM
    Ok, 3 PB bought...would have bought another today if I would have heared anything. Also was considering making my next phone a BB after being a loyal Nokia fan for years! I'm waiting for DLNA, Hub, better mail & browser etc. on my playbooks and being able to videochat with PB and BB phones...seems it wil never come, OR ????????? -> So I'm not investing my precious time further with BB10. Release a BB10 & Playbook statment NOW or NEVER!
    Yes, I can be patient but I want to know for how long and if ever! Yes, it is so easy!!!! Tell us NOW or by bye...I'm not the fool you can leave in the dark with your plans.
    05-14-13 10:18 AM
    Well, I bought my PB for cheap and it's great - but I bought it on the sole point that BB10 was 'promised' by BBRY.

Not only has it not turned up, but the PB didn't even rate a mention. All I heard is that bb10 is so great and can be deployed here there and everywhere, but not on BBRY's own tablet it would seem.

Speaking personally - BBRY will get no further business from me or my associated companies because they consistently fail to deliver - high on promise low on delivery.

So in conclusion - well done BBRY - another win for you.
    Quidity and protominet like this.
    05-14-13 10:23 AM
    I think what I was hoping for is a statement of intent. I wanted Heins to stand up and repeat that they are committed to bringing BB10 to the PlayBook, or that they have decided not to do so and that they will simply patch the current OS going forward. I could live with either statement; I got full value for my PlayBook purchase. However, needs change over time; I did not rely on Skype in the past, but now it is important for my personal and professional life. I have been hanging on to see if BB10 and Skype would be available for the PlayBook anytime soon. I have to conclude that the absence of a statement is the statement. It is not coming, or it is not coming in a timeframe I can live with. I guess there is still some time for BlackBerry to signal their intention at this conference, but it is too bad that they cannot commit to a plan. I understand the business imperatives here, but I was hoping for something.
    05-14-13 10:23 AM
    WOW all of you just chill.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-14-13 10:28 AM
    I also eagerly wait for bb10 pb announcement.. but thor said tablet was not a satisfactory product instead... i'm disapointed with this situation... is this really the time to say good bye to pb? But the bblive is not done yet right? And this year is not ended yet right? So I'm still hoping for bb10 on my pb.. later this year would be okay.. i hope the CB team would write sumthing about PB....

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:29 AM
    WOW all of you just chill.
    I was relaxed. I still am. I thought at the end they would have a Q and A, someone would ask and they'd give some more info. To be honest, its not really necessarily the waiting, but its being kept in the dark that is the frustrating thing. I now think the pb is dead too.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-14-13 10:31 AM
    I was also under the impression that it would come to the Playbook soon after the Z10 was officially announced. This has been a long time coming for us day 1 owners but if it doesn't, unfortunately I'm gonna buy the upcoming nexus 7 and be done with the Playbook. Only thing I use it for now is to watch online movies and TV shows. Only thing I'll miss is the HDMI out and deep flash integration. Please Blackberry, don't let us down again.
    Creaulx likes this.
    05-14-13 10:51 AM
    My Playbook is alive and well. I bought it a few months ago so quite cheap. For what I use it for, it's great value for money. I was not even aware of BB10 when I bought it.
    05-14-13 11:06 AM

So basically no answer / further update at this time beyond what they have said before.by Kevin Michaluk 5:15 PM

Ok, just went and asked for some clarification on the PlayBook / BB10 question... they won't give an update until they have one.by Kevin Michaluk 5:15 PM

(TH Talking about Mobile Computing)by Marcus Adolfsson 5:13 PM

Q: When will BB10 come to Playbook?
    BlackBerry Live Executive Press Q&A Live Blog! | CrackBerry.com

(In the quote, read from bottom to top) Its dead then in my mind.
    vipkyd likes this.
    05-14-13 11:16 AM
    BBRY.. one brand.. one promise.. but there is a promise that seems to be broken... can we make a petition or sumthing for this so BBRY would really give us the update for pb?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:22 AM
    They originally said by end of year. In my mind they want to downplay the tablet model in favor of "one device" theme as they are able to get good money for selling phones but not good money for selling tablets (note in Canada they still support the Playbook LTE, don't they?). So they could introduce a 5 inch or 6 inch phone in the holiday season and that becomes their phone/tablet entry.

I would hope they would update the playbook this summer and not wait until the holiday phablet comes up, simply because it would not be good for android and ios to have bbm channels and not the playbook. But maybe they want to drive everyone towards their new vision and product so it is clear and make enterprise buy the phablet if they want a tablet, who knows?
    05-14-13 11:26 AM
    Bought mine at the peak of its price, later asked others to buy theirs, as well as bb phones. Shall I keep on spending on Blackberry products? Probably not until I see a bit of customer loyalty from them.
    05-14-13 11:33 AM
    "It's dead, Jim..."

RCK
    05-14-13 11:39 AM
    Dead.

Put the thought of bb10 for PlayBook out of your mind.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:41 AM
    can someone from canada confirm if they can still buy the playbook LTE?
    If they can, then its not quite dead.
    05-14-13 11:43 AM
    can someone from canada confirm if they can still buy the playbook LTE?
    If they can, then its not quite dead.
    The only place you can buy an LTE enabled device is through a carrier (besides a used one through Kijiji, eBay or Craigslist)...the big three carriers for Canada are Telus, Rogers and Bell. They have a telecommunications monopoly we Canadians term ROBELUS. The only carrier I found still selling the LTE PlayBook advertised on their website is Telus.

Search Queries by Carrier:
    Rogers http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...ybook%E2%84%A2 gives NOTHING but an accessory.

Telus 4G LTE? BlackBerry� PlayBook? tablet*|* Tablets*|* TELUS Mobility Yes, they are selling it for $549

Bell Search results Gives nothing of any usefulness...
    05-14-13 11:51 AM
142 123 ...