If you are having difficulties or concerns with the above method, I found Dingleberry to be much easier. Turn on Development mode on the Playbook. You can use the same 2.0.1.668 file as noted above, but you leave the file as is. Start Dingleberry so it creates a CUSTOM folder inside its Firmware folder. Place this file into the CUSTOM folder. Ensure your password is entered at the top of the Dingleberry window. And click on FIRMWARE. Select CUSTOM, then FULL OS and click on UPDATE. That's it!

Note: Connect the Playbook to the PC and enter the password before starting Dingleberry. Windows may reject your password if Dingleberry is running.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Do you have a direct link to the version of Dingleberry - it might help make this method complete for those in desperate need?
    08-30-12 09:59 AM
    Alright folks. After some poking and prodding around the forums here's the info to downgrade back to 2.0.1.668 from 2.1.0.840.

This worked for me. Android apps are now functioning again, and the wallpapers are back.

This may work for you, it may not. If it doesn't work, I can be of no help at all. I'm no expert, and take no responsibility if you mess up your device.

That being said...

Download 2.0.1.668 :

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...873.signed.bar

Once the download complete, need to change the file extention for your recently downloaded file - change the " .bar" at the end of the file's name to " .zip" (your new file should now be named "qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi .des ktop.GR2_0_1.668.239873.signed .zip". Open your newly named ".zip" file in WinZip and extract "qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi .des ktop.GR2_0_1.668.239873 .signed" to your desktop.

Download cfp. You can get it by looking around here :

How to use cfb to flash a new Playbook

Once downloaded, extract "cfp.exe" to your desktop.

Do a security wipe on your PB. When it reboots, turn it off. Don't go though initial setup.

Go to the Windows command prompt. (I'm using XP, so... Start menu - Run - then type "cmd").

Type "cd desktop" and press enter.

Type "cfp load qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi.desk top.GR2_0_1.668.239873.signed" and press enter.

It'll the say "Connecting to bootrom". Connect your Playbook to the computer.

After that, the program should do the rest! All you'll have left to do is to redownload your apps from App World.

Good luck.

Edit : "desktop" in the file's name should be in one word. For some reason the forums here want it to be in two words...
    hai..why when i "cfp load qcfm.." ,
    it say error: can't open file/file not found.

i follow all instructions from u..
    my pb blink red twice after i 'cfp nuke'

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    08-30-12 10:33 AM
    Ensure the .signed file is in the same folder as cfp. Don't do a copy and paste of the "qcfm.." filename when performing the command. Extra junk may get put in there. Type the entire command by hand "cfp load qcfm.....". Be extra careful of typing. There should be no spaces in the qcfm... filename.
    08-30-12 10:41 AM
    i'm sorry. I read cfp help. I should insert .bin in the last sentence. now cfp load that file.

Thank you very much.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    08-30-12 10:57 AM
    Can anyone help......I tried this and it got to Writing 0x5FFDF740 ] [########### 99 #########] Security Error. Anyone knows what this means?
    08-30-12 04:32 PM
    Not sure.did you wipe first? Both processes take a good bit of time. Did the connection perhaps get interrupted during the writing?
    08-30-12 05:52 PM
    Ensure the .signed file is in the same folder as cfp. Don't do a copy and paste of the "qcfm.." filename when performing the command. Extra junk may get put in there. Type the entire command by hand "cfp load qcfm.....". Be extra careful of typing. There should be no spaces in the qcfm... filename.
    I copied and pasted and had no issues.
    08-30-12 05:53 PM
    Not sure.did you wipe first? Both processes take a good bit of time. Did the connection perhaps get interrupted during the writing?
    Its weird, even though i got that security error, .668 still loaded and I got back my app world and all my android apps.....im happy now
    Graheem likes this.
    08-30-12 06:14 PM
    Don't do a copy and paste of the "qcfm.." filename when performing the command. Extra junk may get put in there. Type the entire command by hand "cfp load qcfm.....". Be extra careful of typing. There should be no spaces in the qcfm... filename.
    You can press tab to auto complete, so assuming there are no other qcfm files, one you type qcfm press tab and it will auto complete the filename.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-21-12 11:08 PM
    If your Playbook is under warranty, do a security wipe. Then go to a service station and tell them to install 2.0.0.4869 or any other you want. It worked for me,
    09-28-12 01:59 AM
    HookerOne - I pm'd link to you.
    Does anyone have a working link for cfp and/or .668? I'm going through all the issues described above.
    09-29-12 08:45 PM
    my pb stuck with no icons i ve always error message with bbdm plz help with cpf thanks
    06-01-13 04:03 PM
    Dear this is truly working !!!!!!

Only step to be considered is this :-

Type "cfp load qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi.desk top.gr2_0_1.668.239873.signed" and press enter

instead

""Type "cfp load qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi.desk top.GR2_0_1.668.239873.signed" and press enter.""

Thanks
    Best of luck
    11-04-13 08:04 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD