So these last few days i've noticed that when browsing through certain pages, especially those containing embedded videos. The video begins to load and simply freezes on the loading screen and disables everything else, meaning i can't click on another open tab, i can't click on any links or articles within the page, i can't refresh the page either... the only thing i can do is scroll up and down. I'm left having to close and reopen the browser and close the page containing the video before it loads.

This is happening with both the native browser and the origami browser. Those are the only 2 browsers i have on my playbook. Again, everything worked fine up until a few days ago. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary in that i mainly use it for browsing and the occasional youtube watching and that's about it. My os is 2.1.... is it time to close the book on my playbook? i really don't want to but if surfing the web is going to be it's main problem then i may just have to. ....

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? i've tried resetting the playbook and clearing the cache and still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 03:10 AM
    Wow, really? Nobody else has this problem?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 02:05 PM
    I was having general slowness recently that was so bad I wiped it and started over from factory settings. It helped me. Might try it.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-05-14 02:25 PM
    I get that problem every now and then and I think it may just be related to the web site's coding and perhaps trying to feed an advertisement prior to showing the video.
    12-05-14 02:59 PM
    Origami (which you have) with ad blocking enabled, always. And as someone else said, may be time for a wipe.
    12-05-14 03:05 PM
    I get that problem every now and then and I think it may just be related to the web site's coding and perhaps trying to feed an advertisement prior to showing the video.
    But it also happens directly on the youtube site which it didn't before. All other sites I've gone to are sites that i frequent and have had no troubles before.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 03:51 PM
    Origami (which you have) with ad blocking enabled, always. And as someone else said, may be time for a wipe.
    But I've used origami before (over a year) and haven't had the problem. This happens with the native browser as well... if i wipe it, do i have to reinstall all apps and games again?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 03:53 PM
    Do a backup on Desktop Manager.
    Download CFP 3.10 which can be googled
    When backup completed,
    Use Command Prompt in Windows and navigate to you CFP folder and type in CFP WIPE
    Then type QNXRESETOSREGION

Force the PlayBook to turn off by holding power button for 15 seconds.

Turn on Desktop Manager and turn on PLAYBOOK while connected by USB.

Load your backup.

RESULT : a lightening fast PlayBook again!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 05:08 PM
    When backup completed,
    Use Command Prompt in Windows and navigate to you CFP folder and type in CFP WIPE

Load your backup.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a plan, thanks... but just to be clear. It's not that my playbook is running slow, it's that any and all my browsers become unresponsive when dealing with videos. Also, i assume you mean blackberry link as opposed to desktop manager? And if i have sideloaded apps, will they be backed up as well?

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-05-14 11:58 PM
    No side loaded apps won't carry over. Video performance should improve as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 06:56 AM
    You can use BlackBerry Link as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 06:57 AM
    When backup completed,

Load your backup.

Posted via CB10
    You must have an experimental model. PB and lightening fast don't belong in the same sentence.
    12-06-14 07:42 AM
    You must have an experimental model. PB and lightening fast don't belong in the same sentence.
    Mine is the LTE model so lightening comes standard. Hahahaha! Use it for work everyday hooked up to my monitor and use it like a desktop. People just gawk that a tablet can do everything it can.

But as for the wifi models your point is well taken. LOL!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and jtv1 like this.
    12-06-14 11:31 AM
    "Also, i assume you mean blackberry link as opposed to desktop manager?"

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I wondered about this too. As I wasn't able to connect to BlackBerry Desktop but BB Link latched on immediately.

jtvberry
    12-14-14 06:28 PM
    So these last few days i've noticed that when browsing through certain pages, especially those containing embedded videos. The video begins to load and simply freezes on the loading screen and disables everything else, meaning i can't click on another open tab, i can't click on any links or articles within the page, i can't refresh the page either... the only thing i can do is scroll up and down. I'm left having to close and reopen the browser and close the page containing the video before it loads.

This is happening with both the native browser and the origami browser. Those are the only 2 browsers i have on my playbook. Again, everything worked fine up until a few days ago. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary in that i mainly use it for browsing and the occasional youtube watching and that's about it. My os is 2.1.... is it time to close the book on my playbook? i really don't want to but if surfing the web is going to be it's main problem then i may just have to. ....

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? i've tried resetting the playbook and clearing the cache and still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Just today I had something like this happened to me.

In using my phone data via my hotspot, my PlayBook 16GB, both browser would not complete downloading the elements needed to create the page.

I have just in the last two - three installed OrigamiBrowser, in total shock

My standard browser only loaded in the top address bar, by half way and OrigamiBrowser just kept loading without the intention of creating a new page.

I rebooted twice with no joy.

Since having this PlayBook coming to about three months now.
    I have wiped this device once.

Anyway, when I got to my friends this night and the wifi automatically took over.
    My browsers began to complete, opening.

jtvberry
    12-14-14 06:42 PM
    Everything seems back to normal now after 2 back to back reboots... i want to say i will use my playbook til the wheels fall off but there are so many cheap tablets out there right now that do more that I'm tempted to just give up the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-18-15 03:29 PM
    Sounds like a plan, thanks... but just to be clear. It's not that my playbook is running slow, it's that any and all my browsers become unresponsive when dealing with videos. Also, i assume you mean blackberry link as opposed to desktop manager? And if i have sideloaded apps, will they be backed up as well?

Posted via CB10
    I was going to say "BlackBerry Link" to!

jtvberry
    01-18-15 05:10 PM