I wonder if this is the right forum for this. Correct me if it's not. Thanks.

If you are a developer and use Chrome or Firefox, I've created something that makes app management quite easier. Actually it was done fairly early, but I was just too lazy to publish it.

Check here if you're interest in:
    Playbook App Manager
    05-05-12 03:44 PM
    This is a great tool! I just installed it in Chrome on my Debian Linux system and it interfaces nicely with my playbook! You can launch and terminate apps, see whats running and install and uninstall, all from a web interface.

Very nice job! Thanks for sharing with the CrackBerry community!

Russ.
    05-05-12 06:40 PM
    Awesome tool man, faster than bbh. You can you add more features like os version, battery info, lock/unlock - normally if possible.
    05-06-12 06:15 AM
    Excellent work, much slicker than having to load up BBH-Tool or DDPB for sideloading.
    05-06-12 04:54 PM
    If u can add a button to grab the BAR files...wow..i dont know how to say...btw, its awesome
    05-06-12 08:40 PM
    I cannot connect to my PB via firefox. had already install the UAcontrol and user script for greasemonkey. Had setting ip 169.254.0.1 to QNXWebClient/1.0 but still 404 not found.

Can anyone help me? or is it should be using chrome?
    05-06-12 09:08 PM
    I cannot connect to my PB via firefox. had already install the UAcontrol and user script for greasemonkey. Had setting ip 169.254.0.1 to QNXWebClient/1.0 but still 404 not found.

Can anyone help me? or is it should be using chrome?
    Follow the instruction carefully, its easy, connect with firefox with use https:// not http
    05-06-12 09:34 PM
    I had follow the steps and using HTTPS. But still didn't work. Here's the screen shot.

edit :

I had id work now. It's because had crash with the proxy in my office PC.
    Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by sempruol; 05-06-12 at 10:16 PM.
    05-06-12 10:06 PM
    Thank you all for your support!
    The next version will fix a bug of manual debug, and show user the available space and battery level when you use the IP of the USB interface (169.254.*). The chrome version will get auto updated.
    05-07-12 01:18 PM
    You rock nice app i actually just tested it and i can see myself using it a lot.

cheers
    05-07-12 02:06 PM
    Very cool man! It's a chrome extension, which means it's written in html right? Any chance of making this into a webworks app?
    05-09-12 03:13 PM
    Just a quick note so thank you so much for this. As someone whose only unconstrained (NHS UK is tight on software use) computer access is to linux boxes this extension is transforming my playbook. Thanks once again. Now all we need is an emacs mode
    05-10-12 07:59 AM
    Very cool man! It's a chrome extension, which means it's written in html right? Any chance of making this into a webworks app?
    I think it may be mostly Javascript, but yeah, it's web technologies. However, at best it could only work to install apps on another Playbook, not to install them on the Playbook it is running on (at least, not without a proxy).
    05-10-12 11:03 AM
    And great big thank you to you! This is simply the best way I have found to manage apps my playbook whilst using my Mac.
    05-11-12 02:55 PM
    This is a great tool! I just installed it in Chrome on my Debian Linux system and it interfaces nicely with my playbook! You can launch and terminate apps, see whats running and install and uninstall, all from a web interface.
    05-11-12 07:33 PM
    I just found this extension for Chrome Browser and it's about the only sensible way to sideload with a Mac OS X. It works on Wifi which is great, and I also tested in on Win7 and Ubuntu 10.04 (Chromium browser)

Us Brits don't usually say this but - Awesome!

I sent you a Paypal donation too as this is saving me real time.
    CrackOp likes this.
    09-08-12 04:37 PM
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread - just wanted to say thanks for this fantastic extension! This is a god save for us Mac users who want to sideload! Before I found this I had to go through the headache of launching windows through vmware & then using DDPB. Worked fine, just long winded. With this its drag, install & go! Bloody great! Thanks for your work on this! Don't let it drop if changes happen to the OS!
    09-11-12 01:19 PM
    I just found this extension for Chrome Browser and it's about the only sensible way to sideload with a Mac OS X. It works on Wifi which is great, and I also tested in on Win7 and Ubuntu 10.04 (Chromium browser)

Us Brits don't usually say this but - Awesome!

I sent you a Paypal donation too as this is saving me real time.
    Thank you for your kindly donation and I appreciate it.
    09-11-12 10:41 PM
    Application Manager can manage PlayBook applications from web browser. It can store your password in browser for auto log in and Install so many applications by a queue.
    09-15-12 02:52 AM
    I installed this last night and love it. But after using it and closing the (Playbook app manager) tab, the next time i went to use it I couldn't find it again, no shortcut anywhere. I had to go through my Chrome:settings:extentions ect and click on options to open it up again. Is this normal or is something missing from my installation?
    10-08-12 12:57 PM
    Enable development mode on your PlayBook, connect it to your PC, and type https://169.254.0.1 into your address bar.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    10-08-12 01:04 PM
    Enable development mode on your PlayBook, connect it to your PC, and type https://169.254.0.1 into your address bar.
    Well not exactly. You need to type in the ip address of YOUR PB, not SCrid's. Also, no need to connect to your PC, it'll do it through wifi.
    10-08-12 01:47 PM
    Well not exactly. You need to type in the ip address of YOUR PB, not SCrid's. Also, no need to connect to your PC, it'll do it through wifi.
    The IP I gave is the default IP that developer mode enables for USB connections; I figured explaining it that way would be a much easier solution than telling someone how to find their IP address, explaining they needed to use https, and walking them through the setup.
    https://169.254.0.1 will work for anyone.
    10-08-12 02:04 PM
    OK. That seems to work over USB, but not wifi. I'm too lazy to get off the couch to plug my PB in, so I use wifi. For wifi, you need your PB's ip address. In development mode, the ip address is easy enough to find- you just tap the Development mode icon on the taskbar and it tells you what it is.
    10-08-12 02:31 PM
    Okay thanks, so as simple as typing the IP into the address bar. I wonder why that didn't work for me at first though. I am connecting through wireless and it works great. I just didn't know if there was supposed to be a shortcut somewhere or not.
    10-08-12 02:41 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD