I doubt this will make any real difference to BlackBerry....but MAYBE..just MAYBE, if they see how many people REALLY do want BB10 on the PlayBook, they will release it, or a "lite" version of it or something of that nature......can't hurt to try eh? It only takes a few seconds....

https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitio...share_petition
    BK_NY_RAY likes this.
    08-09-13 10:35 PM
    Well it's worth a shot and definitely an interesting way to go about doing it. As a PlayBook owner I would love to see this, especially since the 2.1 update seemed to have turned mine into a glitchy slug.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:43 PM
    Best of luck, and i'll sign.. but i'm pretty sure this is just going to fall on deaf ears.
    08-09-13 10:44 PM
    Well it's worth a shot and definitely an interesting way to go about doing it. As a PlayBook owner I would love to see this, especially since the 2.1 update seemed to have turned mine into a glitchy slug.

Posted via CB10

2.1 made your PlayBook glitchy? wow....now i have had a couple freezes, but I have played games on mine ALOT.....and so has my partner.....My PlayBook gets ALOT of use around here.....
    08-09-13 10:49 PM
    Not holding my breath though. The board probably wouldn't allow it. Can't have the share holders getting upset with BlackBerry investing even more money into something that flopped. That was due to BB's incompetence in releasing a poor product (incomplete) and then, eventually, through updates, turning it into what I consider the best tablet on the market, yes even today's market. Even better that the "mighty ipad". BlackBerry dropped the ball so bad with that it makes me sad because of how much I loved my PlayBook when I got it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:51 PM
    2.1 made your PlayBook glitchy? wow....now i have had a couple freezes, but I have played games on mine ALOT.....and so has my partner.....My PlayBook gets ALOT of use around here.....
    I think, for whatever reason I am an isolated incident because I actually started a thread on it and nobody else seemed to have any of the issues I have. The one thing I haven't done yet is reinstall the OS. Just haven't had the time nor thought about it when I did. Got some time off work for a few weeks, maybe I'll do it then and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:54 PM
    I think, for whatever reason I am an isolated incident because I actually started a thread on it and nobody else seemed to have any of the issues I have. The one thing I haven't done yet is reinstall the OS. Just haven't had the time nor thought about it when I did. Got some time off work for a few weeks, maybe I'll do it then and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    I got my PlayBook second-hand and first thing I did was update the OS on it......not had any problems other than a couple freezes.....but much better than the number of times my old iPad crashed.....
    08-09-13 11:04 PM
    I doubt this will make any real difference to BlackBerry....but MAYBE..just MAYBE, if they see how many people REALLY do want BB10 on the PlayBook, they will release it, or a "lite" version of it or something of that nature......can't hurt to try eh? It only takes a few seconds....

https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitio...share_petition
    Petition must be delivered to Thorny while on golf course to have any impact.
    08-10-13 07:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I got my PlayBook with 2.1 already on it and I have never rebooted it in 5 months I owned it. 5 months uptime! That the most stable device I have ever seen, and it's still counting on that uptime! Although the device is pretty slow for todays standards.
    08-10-13 12:44 PM
    The thing is, I'm not comparing to today's standards, I comparing it to when I bought it a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 02:44 PM
    C'mon crackberry let's get this petition some momentum, homepage it out, we've seen reviews on apps with Laggy and missing functionally at steep prices (wifi print), I think this more worthy although as already mentioned, it will fall on deaf ears but if we can make enough noise, we probably still wont get it but hopefully..... we won't get back shafted like this in future.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Fox2 likes this.
    08-10-13 03:31 PM
    Good Luck..... Your going to need it....
    08-10-13 03:53 PM
    C'mon crackberry let's get this petition some momentum, homepage it out, we've seen reviews on apps with Laggy and missing functionally at steep prices (wifi print), I think this more worthy although as already mentioned, it will fall on deaf ears but if we can make enough noise, we probably still wont get it but hopefully..... we won't get back shafted like this in future.

Posted via CB10

I have this shared on my FaceBook etc.......so I do encourage anyone and everyone to share this to FaceBook, Twitter, etc.....thank you for your support!
    08-10-13 04:44 PM
    Give it up. It ain't happening. Move on folks. I enjoy my PB with out BB10.
    mk2234 likes this.
    08-10-13 08:59 PM
    Petitions are quite worthless. The only thing that will get the beancounters' attention is a big fat lawsuit for false marketing and deceptive practices. If the lawsuit ends up costing them more than it would to bring BB10 to the PlayBook, BlackBerry will definitely find a way to do it.

As my economics teachers told me, it's a simple matter of economics. (Think Ford PInto Ford Pinto > ENGINEERING.com)
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-13 10:50 PM
    Petitions are quite worthless. The only thing that will get the beancounters' attention is a big fat lawsuit for false marketing and deceptive practices. If the lawsuit ends up costing them more than it would to bring BB10 to the PlayBook, BlackBerry will definitely find a way to do it.

As my economics teachers told me, it's a simple matter of economics. (Think Ford PInto Ford Pinto > ENGINEERING.com)
    That is why my main headline did say it may not make a difference but MAYBE it would......Blackberry may not realize how many people they are pissing off by NOT bringing BB10 to the PlayBook......the PlayBook didn't sell like the iPad or Nexus 7, etc....they priced the PlayBook too high with too little function (seriously, releasing the thing initially WITHOUT email? What were they thinking?) and by the time it was updated to have more functions, it was too little too late....however, by seeing that there THOUSANDS of folks wanting more life out of the PlayBook....it is possible they could change their mind
    08-10-13 11:00 PM
    Do not get me wrong, I would love for my PlayBook to have more life. I am just saying that the only way that they will listen is if we collectively decided to tip the cost-benefit analysis in our favor.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:28 AM
    At least if they could upgrade the runtime to Jelly Bean I'm good. That way my Android ports would work flawlessly

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Z10
    qwang and AWB70 like this.
    08-11-13 12:33 AM
    No thanks. If BB10 wasn't good enough to be released to the masses, I don't want it. Even a lite version, cause it will just feel like a half-baked product (again).

I like my 2.1. I only need some way to run BB10 apps and get bridge back to the way it worked with OS7 devices. I like the UI and features just the way they are.

Posted via CB10
    qwang likes this.
    08-11-13 12:09 PM
    No thanks. If BB10 wasn't good enough to be released to the masses, I don't want it. Even a lite version, cause it will just feel like a half-baked product (again).

I like my 2.1. I only need some way to run BB10 apps and get bridge back to the way it worked with OS7 devices. I like the UI and features just the way they are.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 apps is all I really am after as well.....plus the 4.2 Jellybean Run Time....but I can't turn down a UI refresh...even Apple is getting that with iOS 7......even though I don't have a Z10, I do plan on getting one....so yea Bridge would be a nice addition too
    08-11-13 02:05 PM
    While I think that this is ultimately pointless, I have signed anyway as a matter of principle.
    Adam Fox2 likes this.
    08-11-13 02:22 PM
    Don't mean to BUMP threads but really need more sigs here
    08-13-13 10:32 AM
    BB10 apps is all I really am after as well.....plus the 4.2 Jellybean Run Time....but I can't turn down a UI refresh...even Apple is getting that with iOS 7......even though I don't have a Z10, I do plan on getting one....so yea Bridge would be a nice addition too
    To me, iOS 7 is just lipstick on a pig. I guess I wouldn't mind getting some icons updated.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Fox2 likes this.
    08-13-13 08:47 PM
    I'm surprised...over 1000 views and only 85 signatures....
    08-14-13 06:16 AM
    I'm surprised...over 1000 views and only 85 signatures....
    Most people likely think this is futile. So they don't want to take the time. I am like them. I know it won't happen. Even if it had 10,000 sigs they probably wouldn't even look at it.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:36 AM
84 123 ...