It's been a month now that I have this charging problem:
    I can't charge while it's powered on, either with the original charger (and another known good charger from another Pb) and with the charging pod.
    I can only charge it while it's off and while it's off it will only charge for about 20 minutes until it boots on by itself and stops charging. So I have to "stack charge" it by powering it off again and again or if I'm near it, I remove it every 10 minutes for 20 seconds and plug it back.

I tried factory reset (erase all data), hold buttons while doing the software update in BB desktop software, hold buttons while stepping on my head, hold left-shift key while dimming the room lights and pressing the top left screen on the pb with my tongue, etc...

I did managed once or twice to prevent it to automatically boot so it charged fully while off but I don't know how I did it.
    (Red light for 5 seconds, flashes yellow while doing its thing then solid green to say it's ready)

TL;DR:
    No charging while ON
    Charging only while OFF but for 20 minutes until it boots ON automatically, then no charge
    Need solution to leave it OFF until charging is complete.
    Last edited by goorborhn; 05-01-13 at 02:07 PM. Reason: TL;DR
    05-01-13 12:47 PM
    This sounds like a hardware problem. Since you've tried to wipe the OS already, there's not much else you can do to fix it. Try plugging it in with the PB on, then turn it off with it still plugged in. I believe this should stop it from wanting to start up again. At least with a normal unit. Generally if it is already off when you plug it in on a low battery state, it will fire up when it gets enough power. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm talking about...
    05-03-13 08:09 AM