This probably is talked about in another thread, but I have to go to school so I'm kinda in a hurry. Okay, for the last two days or maybe one and a half my playbook will not charge via the wall charger( original that came with the playbook). If it's turned on, in standby mode, or off it still will not charge. It still charges via computer( usb) but verrrrry slowly. At first I thought it was my outlet, then I tried all of them in my house and still no luck. Then I figured okay, I'll do a security wipe and that'll fix it. Nope, still won't charge right. Is there anybody else that is having this same problem? I'm really worried because I bought it off of amazon and I'm pretty sure that it's not covered under warranty anymore because it's a used playbook. It worked perfectly fine up til now. I'm hoping that it's not the pins in my usb on my playbook, I don't think so because it still charges via computer( usb) slowly. And I don't wanna have to go through the process of calling amazon and seeing if they can send me a new one because it was from a single seller and I got the last one so I don't think he would give me a new one if mine broke. I'll be back after school to see if anybody responds. Thanks in advance for yall's help.
    03-19-12 06:31 AM
    Try folding the plug blades and opening them again. Some have found this fixed a faulty charger.
    03-19-12 06:57 AM
    And some have had RIM replace their charger due to fault.
    03-19-12 07:04 AM
    Much more likely to be a charger problem than PB problem I think.

As said above, some people have had replacement chargers from RIM, so try that... and maybe consider a rapid charger? The price has come down I hear, and it lives up to its name by charging PB in a couple of hours or so...and it doesn't use the USB port so saves on insertion wear&tear.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 03-19-12 at 08:02 AM.
    03-19-12 07:59 AM
    My PB and charger doesn't always connect properly. I have to wiggle it a bit when I plug it in, so give that a try.
    03-19-12 12:48 PM
    Also if you can find another micro-usb, try using that just as a test - other micro-usb generally will charge very, very slowly and may actually lose power if you charge and use.

And the charger is covered by warranty.

I don't like the "wiggle" advice because that could stress the port on the pb over time and cause it to fail (further). Whereas, wiggling the rapid charger is probably reasonable (in the face of it being slightly defective!)
    03-20-12 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD