Is there any hint that RIM will release a far east language pack for Chinese, Japanese Korean???
    I assume that they have it in works for BB10 QNX phones that will bridge to PB.
    02-21-12 11:07 PM
    it's very disappointing. a friend in korea told me that the playbook launch in korea is very imminent, but there is still no sign of CJK support on playbook yet.
    ahsomsid likes this.
    02-21-12 11:13 PM
    I've been waiting for the os2.0 update for months in hopes of finally being able to type korean on my pb... Looks like it's not going to happen in the near future.
    I mean I could understand not supporting korean, as korean market isn't really big. But leaving out China? That's a HUGE market right there. I don't understand at all why RIM wouldn't target China by supporting the Chinese language pack
    02-22-12 02:09 AM

This guy seems to have the Japanese and Chinese input on android player. (@ 1:07 of the vid.)
    Anyone have idea how he did it?
    02-23-12 03:57 AM

This guy seems to have the Japanese and Chinese input on android player. (@ 1:07 of the vid.)
    Anyone have idea how he did it?
    I believe you could download Jpn/Chin/Kor or whatever language keyboard in Android Market IF your playbook is rooted and has Android Market. But sadly at this point, if you have the latest update(2.0.0.7971) there's no way to root or downgrade the os.

But even if you could, from my understanding the Android keyboard only works in Android apps, not native playbook ones. So you can't use it in the playbook native browser/youtube /docs to go, etc. which kinda defeats the purpose of having a Korean keyboard for me...
    futballaholic likes this.
    02-23-12 07:36 PM
    I've been waiting for the os2.0 update for months in hopes of finally being able to type korean on my pb... Looks like it's not going to happen in the near future.
    I mean I could understand not supporting korean, as korean market isn't really big. But leaving out China? That's a HUGE market right there. I don't understand at all why RIM wouldn't target China by supporting the Chinese language pack

Yes, i think they must be crazy! Stupid Rim! There is no Korea,no Chinese!..................
    02-24-12 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD