Since the latest OS update when I choose Google as my browser, the first letter I type in the search bar instantly makes the playbook hit the enter button. I tried yahoo and it does not do the same. First I thought it was my fat fingers, but alas its either the update or my PB is haunted....
    10-26-12 07:09 PM
    I have 2 PBs doing the same thing. One with the update, one without.
    10-26-12 08:08 PM
    Ditto on the first letter search hijack. Right on the heels of a os updates well, looks like they created an issue by solving one.
    10-26-12 09:22 PM
    I do like using Google for searching (so I don't mean it to look like a #$@& Google post or a "well use another search engine then" post), but I find Bing to work better on the PlayBook. It is faster and more responsive. My searches come up with almost the same results, though oddly it is feels "strange" not using Google, at least for me.
    10-26-12 09:37 PM
    Not exactly sure what the problem is. Do you mean that as soon as you enter a letter the search field jumps up to the top of the page? If that's the case, the same thing happens to me on my desktop browser.
    10-26-12 09:53 PM
    No I mean if I want to search crackberry on Google and begin typing the word, Google locks onto the "c" and gives me search results for the letter "c". The first letter I type in the search query is what Google will search for without me being able to finish my search term.
    10-26-12 10:26 PM
    I cleared all in browser settings and hard rebooted and it fixed the problem.
    10-26-12 10:32 PM
    Also cleared cache, history, etc and did hard reboot. Google working properly now for me now as well. Thx for posting your finding. Almost wiped my pb to fix that.
    10-26-12 11:27 PM
    I think it might have more to do with Google and not the OS update.
    As I stated earlier, I had 2 Playbooks behaving this way yesterday/last night. One PB was updated, the other was not updated yet.
    I did nothing to either PB (restart etc.) and today, all is back to normal.
    10-27-12 06:25 AM
    It's not the update... at least not the most recent one. My PlayBook has done this from time to time with Google search and I'm still running .358
    10-27-12 08:15 AM