No I didn't hear a rumor from my mailman who was told by his wife who was told by her hairdresser whose cousin dates a janitor from Waterloo who found a memo in the trash while cleaning RIM offices.

I just assume that since RIM announced that they are rolling out an application rating system for App World on December 15th, they will need to update the App World app on the Plabyook to accommodate this change. I'm sure that it will be an app-specific update, but since App World isn't managed by the App World app and it's contained in the OS builds, that an OS update will be required. I doubt they'll throw any nice tidbits (unrelated functionality bumps/bug fixes) in with the update. But I assume we'll see on on or before the 15th.

I also just noticed that the vendor portal is down right now for maintenance. I'm sure that this has them very busy since it involves their own servers as well as App World apps on all devices.
    12-01-11 01:24 PM
    that sounds reasonable. frequent updates could justify the holiday purchases
    12-01-11 01:42 PM
    Periodic AppWorld updates are no different from app updates. They can come anytime and are different from OS upgrades. You might not even notice the appWorld upgrade.

From past history, only security and language OS1. upgrades may come before an OS2. release expected in Feb. 2012.
    12-01-11 02:28 PM
    Periodic AppWorld updates are no different from app updates. They can come anytime and are different from OS upgrades. You might not even notice the appWorld upgrade.

From past history, only security and language OS1. upgrades may come before an OS2. release expected in Feb. 2012.
    I guess I don't fully understand what you mean. Are you saying Playbook App World updates are all behind the scenes? I only notice App World changes in OS updates.
    12-01-11 03:15 PM
    Hey, maybe all of these small updates people are reporting (who claim they did not delete "essential pb apps (whatever those are)") are getting a new appworld pushed without identifying it. I doubt it but.....
    12-01-11 04:35 PM
    I guess I don't fully understand what you mean. Are you saying Playbook App World updates are all behind the scenes? I only notice App World changes in OS updates.
    No they have come behind the scenes. Basically I have at least seen UI layout changes in app world with no OS update.
    12-01-11 04:42 PM
    Not this again. " I was thinking that since 1+1=2, while they're at it, they could just make it 3 you know, just to be reasonable".
    Take it as it comes
    It is what it is
    The money is never late
    Etc., etc., etc.
    12-01-11 04:56 PM
    i hope next 2.0 beta version with chinese keyboard input.
    angellsl likes this.
    12-02-11 08:59 AM
    i hope next 2.0 beta version with chinese keyboard input.
    like that too
    12-02-11 09:05 AM
    No they have come behind the scenes. Basically I have at least seen UI layout changes in app world with no OS update.
    What ui changes? I only remember one... or maybe it was just less choppy but it came with an os update. I must be forgetting something. Just curious as to which one I missed, not saying your lying or anything.
    12-04-11 12:24 AM
    What ui changes? I only remember one... or maybe it was just less choppy but it came with an os update. I must be forgetting something. Just curious as to which one I missed, not saying your lying or anything.
    There was the blackberry icon that acted like a home button. I do believe that didn't come with an update. Also for like a day they added a themes catagory on the home screen. Both have been removed it.

Warning though I'm basing this on my memory which sucks anymore
    12-05-11 03:14 PM
    I doubt there will be an OS update. Appworld can be updgraded just like any other app.
    12-05-11 03:23 PM
    There was the blackberry icon that acted like a home button. I do believe that didn't come with an update. Also for like a day they added a themes catagory on the home screen. Both have been removed it.

Warning though I'm basing this on my memory which sucks anymore
    Two changes to App World came with an update. The addition of a 'back' link and the addition of an Apps and Games link were each delivered with an OS update. You will know when the app updates when you see the new ratings displayed on an app's page.
    12-05-11 03:33 PM
    However RIM updates the AppWorld app on the Playbook, I would LOVE to see a new category for eBooks and separation of these from the 'Newest' list.
    12-05-11 03:35 PM
    On another site they were saying an update I coming out tomorrow to fix the Dingleberry exploit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-11 09:49 PM
    I just hope the next update has A2DP, been waiting since release. I didn't think it would be that difficult to upgrade the bluetooth ......guess it is
    12-05-11 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD