You use sideloading at your own risk, RIM does not support it so why would they make it better?
    04-05-12 07:38 AM
    Sideloading became mandatory when I couldn't find matching utility apps on BB App world. Evernote without offline support, PDF annotation using RepliGO, NPR etc.

However, my complaint is more related to native apps, in fact the EMAIL client. Having multiple gmail accounts, try seeing into web folders. The whole syncing goes haywire. I took the easy path and deleted and created the account. This worked fine, but made me afraid to play a lot with the apps. It should not be like this.
    04-07-12 03:05 PM
    Playbook OS is pretty buggy there is no denying this, I feel they could have been more aggressive with bug fix releases, since only RIM make the Playbook and don't have to go through dozens of manufacturers to release a patch unlike Android they could have moved quickly to release patches for annoying little problems like the Browser crashes, Android run-time freezing, email client bugs e.g unable to turn of notifications. Not to mention simple incremental feature improvements to all the native Apps.

This could have been a real advantage for them, I get the feeling they are mired in internal bureaucracy.
    04-07-12 04:24 PM
    I think the next update will address some of it. It's still a young OS but hope they can start to get things moving a little faster now.
    04-07-12 05:03 PM
    I would go for the updated OS only if RIM still allows sideloading. PB has been much more useful (understandably more buggy) since sideloading a couple of Adroid apps. I really hope that more apps become available on the App store.
    04-08-12 05:51 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD