I was experiencing the re-entry of gmail password on my playbook so on my laptop in the gmail accounts section under Security I turned Off The 2-step verification process and created a new password. I then went back on my playbook and recreated a new gmail account in the Advanced section.
    I left the Push feature on. My gmail is working fine now.
    02-23-12 09:33 PM
    I was getting the "SMTP enter username and password prompt" 5 or 6 times a day for my gmail email account. This error prompt seemed to really jack up my data usage. I was using 200 to 300 MB per day. Now that I've solved the problem I'm using under 50 MB per day. The problem appeared to have been the Captcha on the gmail account was triggered by the standard blackberry log in and the Z10 does not allow for Captcha's to be solved in the login procedure, thus an endless loop and huge data usage.

To solve the problem I logged into my gmail account using the Z10 browser. I wasn't required to enter a captcha but I've heard of other people who have had to do this. This seems to have solved the problem. If this doesn't work make sure your cell phone number is up-to date in your gmail profile (gmail may be checking that the cell phone number they have for security purposes matches the phone number on your z10).
    02-23-13 09:18 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD