Link is below, take it for what you will.

The third treat we have for you is about the BlackBerry PlayBook ..Well PlayBook tablet OS 2.0 [official]. There�s a lot of talk about it launching soon. I�ve been scouting around, listening carefully and can�t help but notice how little BlackBerry exclusive apps have come out lately, even the BlackBerry Beta Zone has been a ghost town. This is great news actually! I think RIM is pulling all resources into the PlayBook and the official release date will be..
    **BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 � February 7th, 2012.

This is according to what some very good resources are telling us.

Berryfication Exclusive News & tidbits – week ending Feb 4th, 2012 | Berryfication
    Richard Devine and hondo457 like this.
    02-05-12 03:04 PM
    I would love it!
    02-05-12 03:26 PM
    It is the start of Devcon Europe...
    02-05-12 03:48 PM
    It is the start of Devcon Europe...
    Yes it is, and from past experience its a possibility. But I won't get my hopes up.
    02-05-12 04:21 PM
    It aint happening,if you follow alec saunders tweets and read in between the lines you can tell that another 11 days more minimum is more likely.
    02-05-12 04:37 PM
    The 7th it is!
    02-05-12 04:40 PM
    If there is any legitimacy to the 7th being a date of significance.. I would guess at most it will be the day where they may announce the official release date of os 2.0. I just don't think they'd push it out this early in the month. Their track record is late..never early..and at best barely on time. haha
    innocentman likes this.
    02-05-12 04:41 PM
    Take a look at this pic that Blackberry posted on the dev blog a couple of days ago and tell me what you see.
    02-05-12 04:43 PM
    haha very nice! Thursday, February 16th eh? I'm just excited for it to actually come out. I'm thinking it'll be a huge improvement. This year RIM either leads a victorious charge back to relevancy orr.. fades away and is hopefully bought out by a superior company. hahah
    02-05-12 04:47 PM
    well if new CEO wants to really prove that their delivery times are going to improve this could be a good way to do it, bring os 2.0 2/7!!!!!!
    ericlc2 likes this.
    02-05-12 04:48 PM
    I'd love to see it this tuesday (February 7th), however I'm not gonna hold my breath. The only reason I believe that it could possibly be the 16/17th is because of this free playbook when coding an app for the Playbook OS. A new piece of hardware to play with / code for could very well be all the enticement some developers need, even if they'll be selling it within a few days of receiving it.... if they don't immediately fall in love with it first :P.
    02-05-12 09:14 PM
    And we can't download Beta version anymore. So, I'm hoping they're releasing tomorrow (2/7)!!
    02-05-12 10:30 PM
    Lol I doubt this will happen... They probably still fixing all the recently submitted android apps ...
    02-05-12 10:41 PM
    I think the only reason that site said the 7th is from the blackberry blog; It mentions having all of your android apps submitted by Feb 6th for the storefront launch of os 2.

Get your Android apps ready for the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 launch �BlackBerry Developer's Blog

*shrug* I dont care, as long as its this month. =p
    02-05-12 11:34 PM
    were does it say no one can download the beta anymore? that would make no sense at all
    And we can't download Beta version anymore. So, I'm hoping they're releasing tomorrow (2/7)!!
    02-05-12 11:53 PM
    I think the only reason that site said the 7th is from the blackberry blog; It mentions having all of your android apps submitted by Feb 6th for the storefront launch of os 2.

Get your Android apps ready for the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 launch �BlackBerry Developer's Blog

*shrug* I dont care, as long as its this month. =p
    No, that wasn't it. They claimed to have "great sources", but wouldn't say who.

Someone pointed out an Alex Saunders tweet that was very skeptical of the whole notion though, and he'd be in an EXCELLENT position to know one way or another...
    02-06-12 12:00 AM
    Take a look at this pic that Blackberry posted on the dev blog a couple of days ago and tell me what you see.
    I see a new look for app world! Man that looks awesome! I have been waiting for an updated look to the app world for soo long! Great now I want OS 2 to come quicker now thanks lol
    02-06-12 12:10 AM
    I see a new look for app world! Man that looks awesome! I have been waiting for an updated look to the app world for soo long! Great now I want OS 2 to come quicker now thanks lol
    take a look at the date .
    02-06-12 12:24 AM
    It's not coming Feb 7. Alec Saunders tweeted that OS2.0 is still being "baked". I would think, in view of the new Feb 13 deadline for app submissions, it's going to be late Feb...
    02-06-12 12:54 AM
    It will still be baking 24hrs before release. I could not see rim releasing the new dm7.0 after they release os2 anyway. It makes no sense at all. The new DM fixes bugs with the playbook like back ups and connection issues. Its being released on the 14. O wait I just got an update for my bridge app!!!! j/k lol but that would also need to come before os2.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    02-06-12 01:08 AM
    So much speculation... how about some facts:

1. Feb 17 is an internal target date, has been for months, hasn't changed recently, for a basically final release to be wrapped up. It won't be out before that.

2. They're not actually done yet, so even they don't know *for sure* whether they'll actually be done precisely on that date. They may take a few extra days to include fixes for one or two gating bugs that don't get fixed before then, or for some nasty spelling error that someone catches only at the last minute.

3. Even if they're done on that date, it's just an internal target. The actual external release will be after that.

4. This means we'll see it some time between Feb 17 and Feb 29.
    Barljo, Hongwu6 and mandony like this.
    02-06-12 07:10 AM
    2. They're not actually done yet, so even they don't know *for sure* whether they'll actually be done precisely on that date. They may take a few extra days to include fixes for one or two gating bugs that don't get fixed before then, or for some nasty spelling error that someone catches only at the last minute.
    You're absolutely right. It only takes a slight typo in the autocorrect entry for "can't", and there's a whole word of pain for anyone! (Much like the time I misspelt 'account' in an email to a client...)

4. This means we'll see it some time between Feb 17 and Feb 29.
    One of the most sensible things I've seen written in any recent 2.0 thread.
    02-06-12 07:36 AM
    Not possible.
    Like mentioned before, a realiable BB source said this yesterday:
    "I don't think we promised an update at DevCon. Anyway, it's still baking so not yet."

I would say Feb 17th (at minimum).
    02-06-12 08:00 AM
    I'm heading out to Devcon Europe as we speak. It'd be nice to get some kind of announcement during the keynote, but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out :-)

Fingers crossed though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 08:02 AM
    If it was going to be the 7th I would have thought that a Blackberry Bridge update would have come out today in readiness for the new OS.
    02-06-12 08:03 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD