View Poll Results: OS 2.1 beta user satisfaction..

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

21 10.55%
  • Average

65 32.66%
  • Satified

113 56.78%
    So the much awaited OS 2.1 beta is out and every other crackberry member is trying to evaluate it. So I thought of starting a thread where we could have a poll over the overall performance of OS 2.1 beta....
    06-01-12 09:36 PM
    I like how there's no "Good/Great" option.

If wouldn't rank it as "Great" but some might, and leaving it out just BEGS for negativity....
    06-01-12 09:45 PM
    Does what they said it would and it got delivered on schedule. I'm satisfied.
    Thunderbuck and Stewartj1 like this.
    06-01-12 09:46 PM
    Still needs work but then again it is a developer beta.
    Stewartj1 and anon(3896606) like this.
    06-01-12 09:46 PM
    I am not "satified" with your spelling. I'm holding off on 2.1 for now.
    kcdist and louzer like this.
    06-01-12 10:10 PM
    I am rolling back to the last production OS.

This one offers little in the way of new goodies and has issues with bridge speed
    and the Droid player is once again unstable. (bleed through etc..)

I thought Bridge SMS would be in this, but it is not.

I suspect a mis-match between this beta and the current Bridge is causing the speed issue.

Tim
    06-01-12 10:22 PM
    I am rolling back to the last production OS.

This one offers little in the way of new goodies and has issues with bridge speed
    and the Droid player is once again unstable. (bleed through etc..)

I thought Bridge SMS would be in this, but it is not.

I suspect a mis-match between this beta and the current Bridge is causing the speed issue.

Tim
    Are you and I the only ones to notice this? Or is it uscellular?
    06-01-12 10:33 PM
    satisfied 2.1 user here.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-01-12 10:35 PM
    Thanks for noticing that... It's a typo error....
    More reasons why I should use the predict text feature of the playbook...
    06-01-12 11:50 PM
    I really wanted to see a poll with:
    1) upgraded and staying with it
    2) upgraded but rolling back
    3) waiting for full update launch

But, I just read this poll before starting my own. I didn't vote, though.

I kinda feel like I'm the only one who hasn't upgraded, which is what unusual for me and my nature with tech. But, everything is working well for me and I just don't want to fool with some unknown quirks that could arise.

I wonder, are there others like me who are still waiting?
    Toodeurep and nano404 like this.
    06-01-12 11:57 PM
    I really wanted to see a poll with:
    1) upgraded and staying with it
    2) upgraded but rolling back
    3) waiting for full update launch

But, I just read this poll before starting my own. I didn't vote, though.

I kinda feel like I'm the only one who hasn't upgraded, which is what unusual for me and my nature with tech. But, everything is working well for me and I just don't want to fool with some unknown quirks that could arise.

I wonder, are there others like me who are still waiting?
    Off topic, but you're not alone. I had a less-than-satisfactory experience with the last beta for the PB. It's working fine now, and I have absolutely no need to introduce unnecessary instability, so I'm content to sit this one out and let the more adventurous among us have at it until the official release.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-02-12 12:16 AM
    I'm not doing the beta thing either.... I am far from being a developer and the only thing I develope is trouble.

So I will wait and let the more techy posters let me know whats what.
    Toodeurep and wrusprod like this.
    06-02-12 12:52 AM
    I was on the dev beta os before and I am still not sure if I would update to this one....if only we have some sense when the financial 2.1 version will drop....
    06-02-12 01:01 AM
    I took a plunge and signed up for the beta, and I am not a developer.
    I selected satisfied because I liked the enhancements. They made sideloading experience better.
    However not everything works smoothly. YouTube as an app or in browser is not working for everyone, including me. After all this is a BETA.
    06-02-12 01:07 AM
    I'm quite satisfied with 2.1. The new Android multitasking features mean I can finally use multiple, concurrent Android apps in a productive manner. This was the big draw for me since it opens up the Playbook to many new possibilities for leveraging the vast library of Android apps that now work more reliably thanks to the updated VM.

I am, however, surprised at the relatively tepid response to 2.1 from the forum faithful. Compared to previous updates, this BETA seems to be receiving a far less enthusiastic reception than even the recent point release of bug and stability fixes, yet it includes some fairly compelling new features.

Perhaps people are simply happy with OS 2.0.xx - that, or the rush of interest surrounding the platform at the 2.0 milestone has now waned and we're seeing the beginning of the end of the "PB is a cool/funky alternative to iOS or Android" buzz cycle.

RCK
    06-02-12 02:34 AM
    I'm sticking with the beta for now. eagerly awaiting sms bridge, THEN I will be satisfied

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-12 04:10 AM
    1. Not happy with the battery life, seems a bit on the heavy side.
    2. Portrait email is a bit buggy with text sometimes off the side of the screen.
    3. Keyboard seems a bit laggy at times.

I will be going back to 2.0.1 as soon as the 24 hours is up.

I do like the device encryption feature though, so will update when the official release is out.
    06-02-12 04:34 AM
    I like it, particularly the android multi-window feature. The email is fine for me as it is with the new portrait mode and it also seems to function better.

I haven't come across any bugs that I've noticed and the browser is definitely a little snappier.

All in all, I'm happy
    06-02-12 04:37 AM
    Browser feels nicer to me. I'm sure I could get music off my phone before but seem to have lost that option :/
    06-02-12 04:47 AM
    I've also decided to sit this one out. I will continue to monitor the pro's and con's and wait for the official release of 2.1. I didn't vote because there was no option for what I chose to do. Now get to work ALL you BETA testers .....and don't hold back
    06-02-12 06:39 AM
    1. Not happy with the battery life, seems a bit on the heavy side.
    2. Portrait email is a bit buggy with text sometimes off the side of the screen.
    3. Keyboard seems a bit laggy at times.

I will be going back to 2.0.1 as soon as the 24 hours is up.

I do like the device encryption feature though, so will update when the official release is out.
    Must be 48 hours. I can't have the bridge browsing issues I'm experiencing. I wiped after 24 hours of use. And right back to this version. I'll be wiping again this evening. Perhaps with a bridge update I wouldn't be having the issues?
    06-02-12 06:55 AM
    I like it but wouldn't go so far as to say I'm satisfied. I think the android experience is better (apps load fast and can run multiple apps at the same time). I think browsing is good, though not certain I would say faster. I like the ability to use email in portrait, don't know if I will use it this way all the time though. Don't use youtube so no probs with that yet. Haven't tried bridged connection so we will so how that goes later. Overall very stable beta. Haven't had problems.
    06-02-12 07:01 AM
    Wow, I'm surprised at the number of satisfied responses based on what this update brings. I admit I haven't downloaded it myself since I wanted to see what everyone had to report so I've been following comments closely. For me portrait mode email isn't a must-have or even an "improvement". Other new features may be useful to some but not me.

What I was really hoping for is a browser that wouldn't constantly crash, eliminate checkerboarding once and for all, add bookmark management, and just basically bring it up to standard. You know, make it feel like we haven't time-warped back to the 80's when we're using it. Any update that doesn't address the browser problems is not worth downloading to me so I guess I'll be passing on this even when it is officially released unless there's something more than portrait email and android functionality.
    06-02-12 08:11 AM
    I'm quite satisfied with 2.1. The new Android multitasking features mean I can finally use multiple, concurrent Android apps in a productive manner. This was the big draw for me since it opens up the Playbook to many new possibilities for leveraging the vast library of Android apps that now work more reliably thanks to the updated VM.

I am, however, surprised at the relatively tepid response to 2.1 from the forum faithful. Compared to previous updates, this BETA seems to be receiving a far less enthusiastic reception than even the recent point release of bug and stability fixes, yet it includes some fairly compelling new features.

Perhaps people are simply happy with OS 2.0.xx - that, or the rush of interest surrounding the platform at the 2.0 milestone has now waned and we're seeing the beginning of the end of the "PB is a cool/funky alternative to iOS or Android" buzz cycle.

RCK
    I think that, unlike the last time, 'regular' users are now aware of what a developer beta really is ... and what it isn't. Consequently more are taking the wait-til-it's-ready-for-prime-time approach. Which is fine, because a developer beta isn't intended for the masses. And we're happy with 2.0. For now. Additionally, the one feature I really want to see in the next release -- bookmark management -- isn't in this beta anyway, and I do not want to risk trashing my bridge connection.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 06-02-12 at 08:45 AM.
    06-02-12 08:43 AM
    I used it for a day but found it buggy in the native calendar app. I rolled back to the latest official release.
    06-02-12 08:59 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD