same here, just a 1mb update. But same OS number, is this to prep beta OS to accept official ordoes this 1mbupdate make it official?
    09-24-12 09:41 PM
    same here a 1mb update kinda confused since i was already on the 2.1.0.840 beta
    09-25-12 02:20 AM
    Pics or it didn't happen! Somethings just telling me not to believe you. Maybe the lack of posts or the lack of an article on the front page of CB!
    And the lack of any notification on any of my multiple BlackBerry PlayBooks makes me think this entire thread is vaporware much like our promised BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 update.
    09-25-12 07:57 AM
    And the lack of any notification on any of my multiple BlackBerry PlayBooks makes me think this entire thread is vaporware much like our promised BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 update.
    Well, the Thread Starter reported what he experienced (and I believe that), just his conclusion was wrong.

What I could critisize is the lack of info from RIM. They did some update on several versions and fail to explain to the interested community. Sad. There's so many possibilities in Web to announce/explain/control expectations. RIM's position is not very comfortable currently, so they should try to address the faithful fans and generate stonger bindings (correct wording?).

I saw the same lack of info in Samsungs bada Platform. Many excited fans in the beginning, promoting this initially powerful OS. Then Samsung did some odd actions, never explained, never established contact. Now bada is burned and fan people ran away. Too bad. Rookies.

Motivate RIM PR to do better.

Ray
    09-25-12 09:25 AM
    RIM announce plenty - mainly through the unoficial channels like this site.

How many here are RIM employees???????

There's plenty here - for sure imo.

:-)
    09-25-12 10:03 AM
    Or maybe they don't like you and me cuz I've got nothing either. Keep checking but nope. I'm the black sheep of the family so maybe it's carried over with RIM.
    09-25-12 11:11 AM
    Or maybe they don't like you and me cuz I've got nothing either. Keep checking but nope. I'm the black sheep of the family so maybe it's carried over with RIM.
    I just got mine yesterday afternoon. Would it have anything to do with the PIN?

Don't notice any difference. Must be something very minor. Maybe it takes your OS out of beta and in the next venture to get ready for the big 2.1?
    09-25-12 01:17 PM
    I just got mine yesterday afternoon. Would it have anything to do with the PIN?

Don't notice any difference. Must be something very minor. Maybe it takes your OS out of beta and in the next venture to get ready for the big 2.1?
    Can't imagine why it would have anything to do with my PIN - they've managed to find me with everything else over the last year. I've been on .668 since it was released (before it got pulled) and it's working for me so I'm gonna figure I just don't need whatever it is that's coming to some and not to others. It's been released for some on .358, .668, and the beta so who knows. Thanks for the input tho.
    09-25-12 02:10 PM
    Just got my .668 1MB update this morning. Dont see any difference so far. Just out of curiosity, does it appear to anyone else as though battery life was a bit better before the (pulled) .668 update?
    09-25-12 05:21 PM
    I was looking at different threads and noticed that neilmann said that it was an updated sys.data.carrier_data file. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-746458/ It is on the first page towards the bottom.

Edit, I have no clue what that is, but for a 1MB update, a small updated file makes sense to me.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 09-25-12 at 07:14 PM.
    09-25-12 07:11 PM
    Just got my .668 1MB update this morning. Dont see any difference so far. Just out of curiosity, does it appear to anyone else as though battery life was a bit better before the (pulled) .668 update?
    I seriously think thats was the update was for. Fixing the battery drain issue. my PB doesn't die nearly as fast as before.
    10-02-12 09:55 AM
    Every time I look for a update nothing happens. I'm still on .358 or something...

Sent from my iPhone 4S� using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 01:46 PM
    I always check OTA. Do I need to connect to a PC for an update now?

10-02-12 01:50 PM
    I always check OTA. Do I need to connect to a PC for an update now?

OTA=Over the air, right? You don't need to connect to a PC for that 1mb update, you will get it OTA.

It is a really weird update as people are getting it at all different times over a period of about 2 weeks. Some say it helps with battery life, some say it makes checking for updates on your PB quicker, and some say it makes the OS a bit quicker. Maybe, but it could all be a placebo effect. There is a file that is given during the update that adds carrier information (I have a wifi, so not sure why I and other wifi users are getting it).

Now there is another possibility for the update. RIM likes to screw with us once and a while
    10-02-12 02:05 PM
    10-02-12 02:14 PM
    I downloaded the 2.1.0.840 dev version, this afternoon. The biggest difference I noticed so far are a tremendous battery life increase and a better support for outlook.com (email, contact, calenders) way easier to set up as well.
    indautxu likes this.
    10-02-12 02:54 PM
    interesting...

- Allows for WiFi to be used for Bridge between 2 devices if they�re on the same WiFi network
    - BlackBerry Bridge will now support viewing SMS messages on the PlayBook
    10-03-12 02:32 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD