just got off the phone with playbook tech support regarding problem emailing pics with playbook bridged with bold 9790..long story short..found tech support very good and friendly..and told me they tried same and had same issue doing the same..then they tried same combination using their phones under 2.0 and bridge update and works flawlessly.He pended my number and gave me a case number and will call back in 2weeks.said that the import of apps was up to today and would be about 2 weeks for the release..also a couple days prior to the release there would be a update to the bridge released first...just thought i would share this
    CDM76, Stewartj1, kabir11 and 7 others like this.
    02-12-12 05:01 PM
    Sounds like a doctor telling you to take 2 asprins and call them back in 2 days...
    DAnklaud, bbmtna and 91300zx like this.
    02-12-12 05:03 PM
    Sounds about right. Still would like to know an exact date, but I'm thinking no sooner than the 21st.
    02-12-12 05:06 PM
    ....odds are good it will be the later half of February since the first half is pretty much done!
    02-12-12 05:07 PM
    Alec Saunders is hinting it will be available "soon"...

Hopefully all these posts hinting OS 2.0 is good?
    cl8baller and kennyliu like this.
    02-12-12 05:35 PM
    hey i thought we all know it will be this friday!
    02-12-12 05:56 PM
    Ultimately RIM needs to release it sooner rather than later. Any traction in sales they will get from the buzz created by OS 2.0 will be overshadowed by the rumoured release of the iPad 3 the first week of March (or any time in March).
    The later the release, the weaker the hype and less chance RIM has to make any in roads into the tablet market.
    Just my two cents.
    CDM76 and 91300zx like this.
    02-12-12 05:56 PM
    It's gonna be Friday! Alec says still on track,on track is the 17th. I'm not gonna argue this. I am simply gonna wait until Thursday for my bridge update and then say I told you so
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 02-12-12 at 06:04 PM.
    02-12-12 06:01 PM
    Alec Saunders is hinting it will be available "soon"...
    Click to view quoted image

Hopefully all these posts hinting OS 2.0 is good?
    nice to know I'm not the only one stalking Alec's tweets for hints of a os2 release date.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-12-12 06:03 PM
    How can they not even have a release date yet we are half way through february and they still dont have a release just kills me
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    02-12-12 06:04 PM
    Looks like we'll be getting a bridge update tomorrow!
    02-12-12 06:08 PM
    Okay, "2.0 is still on track" should raise flags to those of us waiting through q1 of 2011... those were the exact words of rim officials regarding the Playbook's launch...

... and they missed it and it was late almost 3 weeks.
    02-12-12 06:23 PM
    nice to know I'm not the only one stalking Alec's tweets for hints of a os2 release date.
    Well, my original idea was to tie up a few RIM employees and beat them with a stick until they told me. However this way just seemed more practical...
    02-12-12 06:59 PM
    Hmm, Perhaps we'll see the BlackBerry Bridge update on the 17th then OS 2.0 released on the 21st? That basically covers both of the most commonly described speculation release dates. As well as perhaps either on the 17th or 21st we'll see BlackBerry Desktop Software get updated as well.
    02-12-12 07:13 PM
    Hmm, Perhaps we'll see the BlackBerry Bridge update on the 17th then OS 2.0 released on the 21st? That basically covers both of the most commonly described speculation release dates. As well as perhaps either on the 17th or 21st we'll see BlackBerry Desktop Software get updated as well.
    Dm7-14th bridge-16th os2-17th
    Salleh and kabir11 like this.
    02-12-12 07:34 PM
    Half way through February, and they don't have a release date, who would do business with them? ipad 3 is coming out, these guys are still working on an uncompleted version 1.0. Mostly likely they will postpone the release.
    02-12-12 07:52 PM
    Lets see. It's February and we know the release date of the ipad3 in March. It's February and we still don't know the release date of os2 in February. Apple is a wildly successful company. RIM is struggling. Anyone get my point?
    02-12-12 07:55 PM
    6 months ago they said February and it's going to be February...they're on target
    rjedge54 likes this.
    02-12-12 08:10 PM
    There will be rejoicing in the streets when os 2.0 is finally released!
    02-12-12 08:33 PM
    Lets see. It's February and we know the release date of the ipad3 in March. It's February and we still don't know the release date of os2 in February. Apple is a wildly successful company. RIM is struggling. Anyone get my point?
    Oh yeah. We know the release date of the iPad 3 because we *knew* the release date of the iPhone 5 was last June, but there was no iPhone 5 last June. Then we knew it was going to be the iPhone 5 last October, only there was no iPhone 5, just the iPhone 4s. Yeah, Apple is successful because they announce stuff in advance... not! If you're saying RIM should take a "play" from Apple, then they should not announce anything until it's ready to ship. Even saying February was a mistake.

Your point is wrong, due to poor analysis.
    mjs416, Flexin, Barljo and 1 others like this.
    02-12-12 11:12 PM
    "The latter part of February" would be anytime after Tuesday- Great guess Nastrodamus- I say!!
    02-12-12 11:25 PM
    Alec Saunders says, "Extending the deadline because our processes broke."

Ah yes, processes seem to hold up everything within the company. Instead of the "there is an app for that" tagline we are being told repeatedly "there is a process for that." Deliver on time or face the consequences. The Board of Directors needs to call for heads on a platter on 01 March if Blackberry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 is not delivered in February and publicly announce the immediate terminations of those management dullards responsible for the fiasco. In the meantime, I will be camped out on the Waterloo campus as I sharpen the guillotine blades and neatly stack the baskets into which the heads will fall. I will be selling souvenir torches @ CAD2.99 and souvenir pitch forks @ CAD5.99 until the end of the month. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.
    02-12-12 11:27 PM
    Alec Saunders says, "Extending the deadline because our processes broke."

Ah yes, processes seem to hold up everything within the company. Instead of the "there is an app for that" tagline we are being told repeatedly "there is a process for that." Deliver on time or face the consequences. The Board of Directors needs to call for heads on a platter on 01 March if Blackberry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 is not delivered in February and publicly announce the immediate terminations of those management dullards responsible for the fiasco. In the meantime, I will be camped out on the Waterloo campus as I sharpen the guillotine blades and neatly stack the baskets into which the heads will fall. I will be selling souvenir torches @ CAD2.99 and souvenir pitch forks @ CAD5.99 until the end of the month. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.
    wow! and all this time I thought I had it bad.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    02-12-12 11:33 PM
    6 months ago they said February and it's going to be February...they're on target
    I think you meant to say in September 2010 they announced the release date of February 2011. We all remember the announcement. Considering the track record of this company being a year late in delivery is actually on time.
    02-12-12 11:34 PM
    There will be rejoicing in the streets when os 2.0 is finally released!
    I doubt it ... but there will surely be more ******** on CrackBerry.
    02-12-12 11:37 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD