I'm running the newest 2.0 beta OS on my playbook and the newest leaked OS 7.1 on my bold 9900 and I just noticed that my playbook browser (not bridge browser) will connect to the internet through my phone if wifi is off on the playbook. Anyone else notice this?
    01-06-12 10:19 PM
    Yeah, I noticed that today, was on the internet, I thought, but had lost the WiFi, and was browsing away, didn't notice anything was up until I tried going to appworld.

Was kinda odd, thought I was losing it, or just had a seriously intermittent signal, then discovered the router's plug was out (dog was trying to get his BALL).

It helps explain one small issue I've been having, I have a room with very poor reception, and I occasionally get these invalid connection errors, turns out I had no real signal from Bluetooth or WiFi, and it was spazing, and refresh would not cut it, had to close the tab and restart a new session.

Another thing I've discovered is when you have the bluetooth and the wifi enabled(and associated) but the WiFi is iffy, the browser closes it'self a lot more often.

Be nice if the battery, WiFi, and Bluetooth indicators were visible in the browser, then I could tell what was going on.

p.s. I turned the WiFi off, then pressed reply butten to post this msg. I will turn WiFi back on after the post succeeds.

P.D.
    01-07-12 02:14 AM
    Got that dang annoying network error crud when I turned the WiFi back on, must have still been loading the page (looked done) when I switched over.
    01-07-12 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD