Nothing personal, but that's kind of your problem. They said, "it's being worked on and will come in 2013". You interpreted that as, "it must be coming at BlackBerry Live in April".
    Nonsense! Probably most did not expect an BB10 update available yesterday but everyone expected at least a clear statement on it (Like BB10 soon in cars, on new phones and even on the Playbook...that's how great we are...)! Can you please tell me why any update statements don't fit in here?

Please...continue with why this is our problem? I'm eaglery awaiting your answers and remember: Making 2 million people happy this way, could also mean a lot of new BB customers and sold phones next time - or simply saying goodbye as an opposite reaction!
    05-15-13 02:50 AM
    There's a good chance I'm going to throw my paper weight in the garbage. I'm on my second one and RIM won't respond to my emails . I still have over 7 months of warranty left.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:54 AM
    Nothing personal, but that's kind of your problem. They said, "it's being worked on and will come in 2013". You interpreted that as, "it must be coming at BlackBerry Live in April".
    I did not expect april really but
    should have known they meant
    31st December
    05-15-13 04:07 AM
    What if it's July? September? They haven't given a date. Why make one up and why build plans and promises around a date you don't know?

Sometimes I think CrackBerry users are our own worst enemies...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:54 AM
    Nonsense! Probably most did not expect an BB10 update available yesterday but everyone expected at least a clear statement on it (Like BB10 soon in cars, on new phones and even on the Playbook...that's how great we are...)! Can you please tell me why any update statements don't fit in here?

http://cdn.crackberry.com/sites/crac...0_Roadmaps.jpg

Please...continue with why this is our problem? I'm eaglery awaiting your answers and remember: Making 2 million people happy this way, could also mean a lot of new BB customers and sold phones next time - or simply saying goodbye as an opposite reaction!
    Did you read my post? He was upset because he convinced people to buy PlayBook under the promise of BlackBerry 10 and then mad it wasn't out at this particular show.

I would have loved an update beyond "being worked on and coming in 2013" but we didn't get one at this show. Maybe at the developer conference. But let's not assume it's suddenly cancelled

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:59 AM
    There's a good chance I'm going to throw my paper weight in the garbage. I'm on my second one and RIM won't respond to my emails . I still have over 7 months of warranty left.

Posted via CB10
    Did you try twitter? They always reply to me there

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:00 AM

http://cdn.crackberry.com/sites/crac...0_Roadmaps.jpg

What if they don't have the exact date locked down yet? People on these forums make up enough dates and then accuse them of breaking promises when they miss the made up dates?

Also, they have a habit of doing announcements at two shows... this show in spring and the big developer show in the fall.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:06 AM
    I see the comments of the Blackberry believers and the dissapointed people. I understand both. I do have 2 Playbooks at home (one for me and one for my wife) and did order 3 extra Playbooks for my business associates.

In fact only my wife is still using her Playbook but the other people are uing iPads/iPad mini now. I needed a tablet with 3G and I ordered a iPad Mini. That been said; the iPad mini is not better than the Playbook but it's new and up to date. Thereby where could I buy a Blackberry Playbook 3G?

Playbook is unfortunately really dead. And people who blame people thier dissapointment; I can't believe that Blackberry 10 will be available on the current Playbook later than mid 2013 just because the hardware is becoming too old fashioned.
    Sergeant HCR likes this.
    05-15-13 05:18 AM
    It is mid 2013
    05-15-13 05:41 AM
    PlayBook works as is just fine for me but I'd really like more extensive Bridge interface with BB10

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:53 AM
    I don't blame any one who dumps their PlayBook....especially if absolutely nothing is mentioned about it throughout BB Live. It's a lot of people who have had the device since day 1 (count me as one) and we've been more than patient.

At this point I'll even take a reaffirmed "coming soon" from BB (which in BB terms means October)

I just know IOS and a DROID users better not get bbm before my PlayBook
    last time I checked live is on till the 16th
    05-15-13 05:58 AM
    One example is listening to a YouTube video while you write an email. The point is the apps continue to run in the background even if you're not focused on them, whereas with iOS and Android - with a few exceptions like podcasts or streaming radio apps that play in the background - the minute you open another app the one you just had open is relegated to app switching mode which basically takes a snapshot of the state of the app, freezes it, and attempts to resume it when you select it again. More often than not, when you try to go back to the app, it just acts like you're opening it, not resuming it.

Also, if you are already using an app, can you open another app without hitting the home button in iOS or Android? Not unless the app you're using has the functionality to do so. Yes, you can open an app you've recently used by using the Android app switcher or double clicking the home button on iOS, but that's not really the same thing. With a couple of swipes you can open any app on a PlayBook without having to hit a home button or close the app you're using.

It's these great nuances that keep me coming back to the PlayBook.
    I'll match your playbook (and mine) and raise you a Galaxy Note 10.1, which does everything you just referred to.
    Windowed apps, and I'm currently typing this with zero dark thrty playing and following my twitter feed.... all on the same screen and with access to my favourite apps all available with one press of the arrow on my taskbar.
    ^ this why my PB only does duty as a travel device these days
    05-15-13 06:15 AM
    PlayBook works as is just fine for me but I'd really like more extensive Bridge interface with BB10

Posted via CB10
    Works fine but...
    05-15-13 06:17 AM
    GRRRRRR HOW DARE THEY NOT UPGRADE THE TABLET THAT TOTALLY FLOPPED AND ONLY MANAGED TO SELL SOME DUE TO FIRESALE BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICE DUMPING! I PAID NEXT TO NOTHING FOR THIS DEVICE THAT I KNEW FULL WELL WAS ON LIFESUPPORT THE MINUTE IT WAS RELEASED AND QUITE FRANKLY IT'S AN OUTRAGE!!!!

You kinda get the message.

Life isn't fair, deal with it. After all its a very first world problem.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-15-13 06:35 AM
    How much longer before there is no one left to say Bye too? And that IS fine!
    05-15-13 06:35 AM
    lol
    I think it is more that a "premium" device that started out with little going for it (crippled) then became functional has since been left to the wind, despite hints and suggestions otherwise leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. While peoples houldnt get totally **** hurt you can understand why someone wouldn't want to buy from BB again, and are actively trying toget the most value out of a product that should've and could have been exceptional
    05-15-13 06:55 AM
    bu tt gets edited really?
    05-15-13 06:56 AM
    I felt when Thorsten made his tablet comment before Live it really changed the mood. I will not get rid of the two we have as I really like mine but BBM on PB should be a "must do" and updates to fix the issues it has is another. I am not really expecting BB10 as I do not want it to run as slow as a Galaxy note after a year trying to run multiple apps due to the poor memory management features Samsung uses.

Then again, poor sales or not the comment that this is why BB is a business product demands they take care of this product or come up with a solution.
    05-15-13 07:17 AM
    I'll match your playbook (and mine) and raise you a Galaxy Note 10.1, which does everything you just referred to.
    Windowed apps, and I'm currently typing this with zero dark thrty playing and following my twitter feed.... all on the same screen and with access to my favourite apps all available with one press of the arrow on my taskbar.
    ^ this why my PB only does duty as a travel device these days
    The Galaxy Note 10.1 has a 10.1" screen. It's not even in the same class as the PB, and would be more accurate to compare to an iPad or Nexus 10. The screen size alone is why I wouldn't even consider a Note 10.1.

Also, it has the split-screen functionality because Samsung added it in their UI layer. It's not a native feature of Android. You will be dependent on OS updates from Samsung.
    05-15-13 09:39 AM
    last time I checked live is on till the 16th
    You're right...that's why I said especially if they don't mention anything about it throughout the BB Live event. Still a couple days left but I'm not holding my breath
    05-15-13 10:53 AM
    Just ordered my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, will be @ my home in 4 days.
    Kisses BlackBerry.
    And rot in the trash.
    kirikouestpetit likes this.
    05-15-13 11:32 AM
    Windows 8 will be most likely my next tablet
    Tons of PC apps, multitasking, USB peripherals etc
    05-15-13 12:03 PM
    I'll take your PB
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-15-13 12:03 PM
    How many of those are there? 2.3 million PlayBooks shipped, many at vast discounts. No doubt a fair chunk to people who don't even have a BlackBerry. Then subtract the people who can't be bothered with bridge and what is the number?

Don't think it's an issue of understanding as much as what gets the most bang for finite resources.
    Are you suggesting the alleged minority group of BlackBerry users are insignificant or that Thorsten should be shot or less fatally scared to death by a flash-bang device? Life is is finite resource which can be ended with a bang. Now where is my valium?
    05-15-13 01:50 PM
    Did you try twitter? They always reply to me there Posted via CB10
    I'd love to see a Sh1tstorm of twitter questions by every single one of us 2.3 million PlayBookers holding them to account. I myself don't tweet at all but I am seriously thinking about starting to. #PBBBOS10BS will be my first hash tag...and ya, the BS part does mean BULLSH!T.
    05-15-13 02:56 PM
73 123