Officially switching from PlayBook-really.png
    Now it's over, i have been waiting that for months, not even a 2.1.bla bla bla update.
    Other companies already have updated their devices severeal times, but the PlayBook? It's more forgotten than a PALM!
    I will switch to a iPad or a Galaxy Tab, they both have multitasking, that was the only reason for the PlayBook.
    And lets not forget: They update they devices and don't keep talking about Mobile Computing every time that they don't want answer a question.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:22 AM
    Don't get too excited about BB10 on Playbook. Kevin wrote an article a while ago saying he thought it would run slowly anyway. I guess they must be having some performance issues with it or something like that. No need to delay otherwise.
    05-14-13 11:26 AM
    That's why i'm off.
    I ******* quit.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    05-14-13 11:32 AM
    I think all their effort is going to the mobile phone side of the house right now. BBRY needs to focus on getting new phones to market and keep updating BB10. I'm content to wait since the Playbook does everything I need it to do.
    05-14-13 11:33 AM
    I just can't imagine that they would actually bring (the now cross platform) BBM to Android and IOS tablets before they bring it to the PlayBook.
    That's the only thing that keeps me thinking that BB10 isn't all forgotten for the PlayBook.
    I just don't see BlackBerry doing that to us PlayBook users. Can you imagine owners of the first Motorola Xoom (that has Android 4.0 and about same age as PlayBook) receiving BBM before us PlayBook owners??
    I just don't see that happening. I will just age slowly until BB10 comes to PlayBook and. Feel like I have a new toy when it does happen lol.
    05-14-13 11:34 AM
    That's fine. Move along.

That's why i'm off.
    I ******* quit.
    05-14-13 11:34 AM
    I can live without BB10 on Playbook. Just give me damn fully featured blackberry bridge back.
    ssbtech, FF22, wrusprod and 3 others like this.
    05-14-13 11:39 AM
    No answer to a direct question means, stop asking me about something in the past which we no longer wish to discuss.

TH also said that R&D funding will go to future revenue opportunities.

How many polite, oblique answers do we need?

It's over.
    rupam95 and anon(4320318) like this.
    05-14-13 04:19 PM
    no one wants "polite" cryptic answers... a simple yes/no would suffice. they already made their $$$ off us, not saying it wont get bb10 wont change that. BlackBerry is the same ole RIM just new name. Real shame, I actually like the hardware just need my functionality from the software front. Blackberry/Rim is just slowly cutting off their loyal customers soon they'll only have employees to see devices to, cause no one will wait on them to fail to deliver another promise.
    FF22 and chaosdivine like this.
    05-14-13 04:29 PM
    I will switch to a iPad or a Galaxy Tab, they both have multitasking, that was the only reason for the PlayBook.
    Both good tablets in their own ways, but neither of them have true multitasking like the PB does. Fast app switching is not multitasking.
    05-14-13 05:46 PM
    Bought 3 PBs for my family in the last 6 months and promised them BB10

screw you BB!
    05-14-13 07:06 PM
    About the post about BB10 possibly having performance issues, how is it that android manufacturers can get the latest version working from 1ghz processors and up but BlackBerry can't make the scalable Qnx and bb10 to work? Not saying that is the case but it just doesn't make sense.

Also they already said BB10 would come to the PlayBook and that was mentioned months ago, at least narrow it down to a season rather than saying later this year.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:19 PM
    Both good tablets in their own ways, but neither of them have true multitasking like the PB does. Fast app switching is not multitasking.
    All well and good, if you can MULTITASK apps that you need or want to Multitask.
    05-14-13 07:20 PM
    If you don't mind me asking.. What good is true multi tasking if you can only see one app/application (camera, built in apps) at a time?
    05-14-13 07:24 PM
    If you don't mind me asking.. What good is true multi tasking if you can only see one app/application (camera, built in apps) at a time?
    One example is listening to a YouTube video while you write an email. The point is the apps continue to run in the background even if you're not focused on them, whereas with iOS and Android - with a few exceptions like podcasts or streaming radio apps that play in the background - the minute you open another app the one you just had open is relegated to app switching mode which basically takes a snapshot of the state of the app, freezes it, and attempts to resume it when you select it again. More often than not, when you try to go back to the app, it just acts like you're opening it, not resuming it.

Also, if you are already using an app, can you open another app without hitting the home button in iOS or Android? Not unless the app you're using has the functionality to do so. Yes, you can open an app you've recently used by using the Android app switcher or double clicking the home button on iOS, but that's not really the same thing. With a couple of swipes you can open any app on a PlayBook without having to hit a home button or close the app you're using.

It's these great nuances that keep me coming back to the PlayBook.
    05-14-13 07:47 PM
    I don't blame any one who dumps their PlayBook....especially if absolutely nothing is mentioned about it throughout BB Live. It's a lot of people who have had the device since day 1 (count me as one) and we've been more than patient.

At this point I'll even take a reaffirmed "coming soon" from BB (which in BB terms means October)

I just know IOS and a DROID users better not get bbm before my PlayBook
    wehttam likes this.
    05-14-13 07:48 PM
    BB back to old times!
    Disappointing clients.
    kraschute likes this.
    05-14-13 07:53 PM
    I just use mine as a remote for my media PC with AIO remote since I got the z10. It works great for that but it's hard to go back for anything else after using BB10.
    05-14-13 09:06 PM
    I can live without BB10 on Playbook. Just give me damn fully featured blackberry bridge back.
    BlackBerry seems incapable of delivering the single best feature which united smartphone and tablet. Thorsten does not understand the professional BlackBerry users. By professional I speak of those people for whom the BlackBerry smartphone and tablet are used productively whether at school or the workplace.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-13 09:07 PM
    I honestly don't see the playbook getting BB10!!
    05-14-13 09:12 PM
    Bought 3 PBs for my family in the last 6 months and promised them BB10

screw you BB!
    Nothing personal, but that's kind of your problem. They said, "it's being worked on and will come in 2013". You interpreted that as, "it must be coming at BlackBerry Live in April".
    05-14-13 09:14 PM
    BlackBerry seems incapable of delivering the single best feature which united smartphone and tablet. Thorsten does not understand the professional BlackBerry users. By professional I speak of those people for whom the BlackBerry smartphone and tablet are used productively whether at school or the workplace.
    How many of those are there? 2.3 million PlayBooks shipped, many at vast discounts. No doubt a fair chunk to people who don't even have a BlackBerry. Then subtract the people who can't be bothered with bridge and what is the number?

Don't think it's an issue of understanding as much as what gets the most bang for finite resources.
    05-14-13 09:15 PM
    I don't blame any one who dumps their PlayBook....
    I think this is a silly reaction, personally.

Either PlayBook does what you need it to do today, or it doesn't. if it does, be pleasantly surprised when it gets BlackBerry 10 and it has new enhancements. If it doesn't, get something else that meets your needs.
    gravymonster, athrie and ruben1975 like this.
    05-14-13 09:17 PM
    I think all their effort is going to the mobile phone side of the house right now. BBRY needs to focus on getting new phones to market and keep updating BB10. I'm content to wait since the Playbook does everything I need it to do.
    Exactly my thoughts. There are what, 2-3 million PB users - hardly any. If they spend all their time updating the PB that all the BB10 phone users dump their new phones, it doesn't help them at all.
    05-14-13 10:15 PM
    I think this is a silly reaction, personally.

Either PlayBook does what you need it to do today, or it doesn't. if it does, be pleasantly surprised when it gets BlackBerry 10 and it has new enhancements. If it doesn't, get something else that meets your needs.
    I see what you're saying but the wait is just getting ridiculous. I personally feel like if they can't sayything about it now then its probably not gonna happen. Once I get my Z10 I'm gonna have no need for my playbook running a half baked OS (in my opinion)...especially since they crippled the bridge feature.

Either say when the playbook is gettin BB10, or announce new tablet hardware. Either would make me happy at this point lol
    05-15-13 12:01 AM
73 123