Just wondering if anyone "in the know" has heard if/when there's beta testing going on for an update to fix some of the issues with 2.1.0.1032 release? If this is indeed going on, can anyone spill details on what's being fixed and hopefully when it will open up for testing? For the most part I am happy with the 2.1.0.1032 release myself because I didn't run into upgrade issues a lot of people experienced. But the feedback I am reading over on the official BB support forums by a lot of users isn't always good news...

I am particularly interested in Flash video playback (which seems to be a little hit and miss on certain websites - for example FOX Broadcasting Company - FOX Television Shows (errors out totally) and intermittent issues with Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com (they start, play for a bit and often quit with errors).

Anyhow, Q1 2013 (at the earliest) for BB 10 (on phones at least) is still a fairly long time away so I would imagine that some kind of update would be in the pipes. If anyone hears anything substantial, please share the news.
    10-18-12 01:44 AM
    Surprised that nobody has a clue as to what's next for PlayBook. I'd like to know as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    10-18-12 11:00 AM
    bb 10?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-18-12 11:12 AM
    Being ignored until the phones are done.
    10-18-12 11:27 AM
    Well I decided to join the BB Beta Zone program ( https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item= ) yesterday to see if I can get a morsel of information myself. I wish more people would do it too in order to put feedback and requests into the direct channels for RIM's developers to work through. We'll see what transpires. Having users who are experiencing problems with the 2.1.0.1032 update wait 4 or more months with bugs doesn't bode well for them especially when you know there will be problems with BB OS 10 too as is natural and to be expected.
    10-18-12 11:52 AM
    hopefully a bb10 beta. theyve released it for phone handset, they might as well release it with features like peek and keyboard and active frames.. even if its not the full os... as long as it allows for normal apps to run and messaging etc... that would be a very pleasant surprise
    10-18-12 04:23 PM
    Not that we have much real info, but based on the various bits that have slipped our way, I don't think anyone should expect much in the way of beta stuff other than what devs have for the Dev Alpha, until after BB10 launches. Some time after that, probably more than a month and maybe some months after, we'll see BB10 betas for the PlayBook.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-18-12 07:12 PM
    i wonder what comes next too....
    A official BB10 beta would be very cool but i doubt we will see this anytime soon, on the other hand i also dont think there will be any major update for the playbook until BB10 and the beta of 2.1 was out for more than half a year, so if we are expecting a official BB10 release for the playbook next summer they might start to roll out the beta update for all those devs without a bb10 alpha/beta device. Who knows.

I also think it would be stupid of rim to still develope two QNX GUIs side by side and should merge both system very soon, in the long term it means less work for their software department.

I cant wait to try BB10 because even tho still alpha/beta the system apps look much more polished up (atleast in the videos) than what we have right now, i mean we still have to use those Adobe Air "crap" and the BB10 ones are as far as i know all native code.
    I still have a WebOS phone (Pre3) and i still love it, BB10 looks very promising but i wont switch until i have tried it on my playbook and it prooves to be a solid OS with a future.
    Please dont flame me but i have seen my favorite mobile OS fail twice and i dont want to get another new and expensive device that hasnt prooved itself.
    10-19-12 02:24 AM
    Some people here always amaze me. For months everyone was asking about 2.1, what will it include and when will it be here. When it didn't come when "everyone" expected it people complained. Now that it's here, less than a month you're looking for the next one.

I guess RIM can never win with some people.
    10-19-12 10:26 AM
    I think they could win if they put out an update that actually addresses something and doesn't cause more issues. Nothing in 2.1 was what I was hoping for.
    therealjoeblow and pickles#WP like this.
    10-19-12 10:34 AM
    Some people here always amaze me. For months everyone was asking about 2.1, what will it include and when will it be here. When it didn't come when "everyone" expected it people complained. Now that it's here, less than a month you're looking for the next one.

I guess RIM can never win with some people.
    You know what really amazes me? That people like you actually took time out of your life to comment on this thread. Troll!
    10-19-12 01:26 PM
    How dare someone wonder what's next for the Playbook!!! You act like this is a forum for BlackBerry device owners to seek information and such!!

This is not! It's a forum for device owners of platforms other than BlackBerry to come and troll anything BlackBerry related....duh!!!
    10-19-12 01:43 PM
    You know what really amazes me? That people like you actually took time out of your life to comment on this thread. Troll!
    That's funny
    10-22-12 06:22 AM
    I think you should focus on "when", 2.2, 3.0 or bb10,it's just a name.
    10-22-12 07:27 AM
    BB10 Dev Alpha Beta - optimized for the playbook ?
    10-23-12 09:10 AM
    I participate in the BetaZone Playbook program and about a week ago was asked to complete a survey about OS 2.1 - what I liked and what I'd like to see improved in an update. Don't know exactly what that means but RIM is looking for feedback which is a positive sign to me.
    10-23-12 04:08 PM
    I participate in the BetaZone Playbook program and about a week ago was asked to complete a survey about OS 2.1 - what I liked and what I'd like to see improved in an update. Don't know exactly what that means but RIM is looking for feedback which is a positive sign to me.
    Seems to me that all they have to do is read this forum for about 30 minutes. Beta zone is one thing but here is where they can see (if they cared) what users think and problems they encounter. <goes back to sleep with angry muttering>
    10-28-12 09:52 PM