I'm beyond frustrated. I've had a playbook for almost a year-was a gift from my family. All's been well--I don't use it a ton and use my neighbor's wifi without issue.

I tried to connect to wifi yesterday and it wouldn't connect. I tried again today and again, wouldn't connect. Even when I tether it to my bb 9300, I can't get bb app world to acknowledge I'm using the web, yet all other web apps run.

I did a backup, then security wipe and again, couldn't use my neighbors wifi to connect. Had to drive to my mom's and almost couldn't connect. Finally, it worked and I was able to reboot the system. Her wifi worked fine, and I came home and attempted to put my neighbors wifi on the playbook. It won't work.

here's the catch. My phone and laptop work FINE with his wifi, but the playbook WILL NOT. WTF?! I don't have wifi as I don't use it that much--I have AOL high speed and it works dandy for me! I don't understand the issue and am at my witts end--I don't want to have to go to my mom's all the time to use my playbook for games and such.

If something isn't working/needs fixing, (driver??) how can I do this if the system can't go online?

Seriously disappointed with Blackberry--first the Q10 glitches and now this.
    10-30-13 09:26 PM
    I'm beyond frustrated. I've had a playbook for almost a year-was a gift from my family. All's been well--I don't use it a ton and use my neighbor's wifi without issue.

I tried to connect to wifi yesterday and it wouldn't connect. I tried again today and again, wouldn't connect. Even when I tether it to my bb 9300, I can't get bb app world to acknowledge I'm using the web, yet all other web apps run.

I did a backup, then security wipe and again, couldn't use my neighbors wifi to connect. Had to drive to my mom's and almost couldn't connect. Finally, it worked and I was able to reboot the system. Her wifi worked fine, and I came home and attempted to put my neighbors wifi on the playbook. It won't work.

here's the catch. My phone and laptop work FINE with his wifi, but the playbook WILL NOT. WTF?! I don't have wifi as I don't use it that much--I have AOL high speed and it works dandy for me! I don't understand the issue and am at my witts end--I don't want to have to go to my mom's all the time to use my playbook for games and such.

If something isn't working/needs fixing, (driver??) how can I do this if the system can't go online?

Seriously disappointed with Blackberry--first the Q10 glitches and now this.
    Hmm, and does your Neighbour KNOW you're potentially stealing hiz inten'etz?

Only thing you CAN do with the PlayBook is to reload the OS through BlackBerry Link/Desktop Manager/Autoloader. I suspect this isn't to do with the PlayBook though...
    10-30-13 10:24 PM
    Yes. I asked if I could use his wifi at times. It's password protected so I have that to log in. Not sure why it suddenly isn't working. I'm going to see if I can get my own router and avoid the issue all together. But the fact my other systems work without issue confuses me.
    ps--I pay my neighbor to use his wifi.
    sgt_snacks-64 likes this.
    10-30-13 10:36 PM
    I've had similar problems with my wifi router: some devices couldn't connect while others could. The solution was to reboot the router.

I think that would be a bit much to ask your neighbor to reboot his router.
    10-31-13 08:28 AM
    I've had similar problems with my wifi router: some devices couldn't connect while others could. The solution was to reboot the router.

I think that would be a bit much to ask your neighbor to reboot his router.
    There's that, and I can almost guarantee there's a firmware update for the router available too, usually sorts these sorts of problems out.

Another thing could be there are too many wireless devices on the router. Without knowing the model I can't be sure. But maybe try disconnecting your other devices then try your PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:43 AM
    I would never ask my neighbor to reboot his wifi. I have 2 wifi's I can attempt to hook up to my system again, but I've not had any luck uploading them. Not sure if it's because I use AOL in Canada
    11-01-13 12:27 PM
    Just updating that my playbook is connecting to wifi again ---I think my neighbor was having issues and reset his router. Thanks for your help!
    11-07-13 11:07 PM
    I also have problems with my PlayBook and my Z10 to be connected to Wifi. My wife has an Android device and connects perfectly, also the laptop but to connect the blackberry devices is a nightmare.

BBM rocks, WhatsApp sucks!
    11-17-13 01:59 PM
    Im having a 'mare conecting, be it wireless or usb. I spend all night trying to get a connection then the next day its dropped off again. Android would be no problem
    11-25-13 07:07 PM