11-01-11 01:06 PM
486 ... 45678 ...
tools
    No surprise from such a crappy company that doesn't understand market trends.
    10-25-11 07:37 PM
    Reverse In Motion you lied..... again. You are not leapfrogging anyone, others are leapfrogging you.

I feel sorry for everyone who is still pumping money into your useless company and who are not getting a single d*** thing from you.

Look at your stock.... it is LOSING $ everyday. When do you plan on filing for bankruptcy?

I got my iPhone 4S just after 1.5 months after getting the 9900. I liked the phone but not RIM's service so I gave it up. My PlayBook, thank god I only paid $249 for it, has been given to my 2 year old so that it can be treated as a worthless piece of junk that it is.

Reverse In Motion, You Suck! and you are never getting another penny from me again.

Also thank you to CrackBerry.com for everyone's support and input in here. Everytime I was stumped with a problem, you were there to help. However, now all your efforts are futile.

I won't we using my account anymore so please delete after this post. No need to reply to me either as I will not be reading it.

Peace out suckers!
    8lackberry8 likes this.
    10-25-11 07:38 PM
    The playbook is still the best tablet I've used and I viewed OS 2 as a nice addition as opposed to a must have. I am more excited about all the things shown off at devcon. Some folks on here have made any bad news from RIM the center of their universe which is unfortunate both for them and those of us who like coming to these forums but also have things we do outside the forum.

All of that being said I do feel the delay is bad news and illustrates failures within the company. I do not think it means the company is a failure or will fail however. I'm very happy with my 9900 and playbook. They do need to start hitting deadlines or become more realistic with what deadlines they set.
    10-25-11 07:38 PM
    Blaming the CEO's almost sounds to me like saying Jobs was a genius. Neither of them make sense. These guys stand at the top... it's the thousands of workers under them that invent and produce the end product. I don't blame the CEO's I blame a few layers down... all the project managers and there bosses... programmers? The programmers were given an awesome piece of hardware and they blew it... and are blowing it everyday... right now... today. Why does everyone blame the dumb *** upstairs who doesn't know where ctrl+alt+delete is?
    You're right. Comparing steve jobs to the clowns that run this company doesnt make any sense.

sorry end rant. just unbelievably frustrated
    moreso by the fact that i have to punctuate everything myself because of the lack of autocorrect.
    10-25-11 07:39 PM
    Blaming the CEO's almost sounds to me like saying Jobs was a genius. Neither of them make sense. These guys stand at the top... it's the thousands of workers under them that invent and produce the end product. I don't blame the CEO's I blame a few layers down... all the project managers and there bosses... programmers? The programmers were given an awesome piece of hardware and they blew it... and are blowing it everyday... right now... today. Why does everyone blame the dumb *** upstairs who doesn't know where ctrl+alt+delete is?
    ? Are you serious? By your theory, you don't even need CEOs. Sarbanes Oxley was invented for a reason. CEO's get paid big $$ for a reason - not simply to delegate, but be held responsible for execution. If managers underneath them are incompetent or just not up to par, it is the CEO's job to recognize that and get people in there that can do the job.

By your theory, basketball teams don't need a coach - the guys on the court are the ones who put the ball in the hoop. Does that make sense?
    10-25-11 07:39 PM
    RIM = rest in misery. I believe i have bought my last RIM product on launch day.
    the tour on launch day, very disappointed,
    the playbook on launch day, i feel cheated out of $600, especially the way they are trying to give them away now. it is basically the playbrowser
    the 9930 on launch day, the only time i feel like i got what was promised.

I hope they can deliver something in february but i am not holding my breath. Plus when you read the update it mentions ENTERPRISE users, so i really do not expect anything from a consumer perspective. I would like to see the new BBX phones really hit a grand slam but i am afraid that there is a some communication issues when they called the bullpen......

oh well it is what it is but RIM will not get anymore of my money until they prove they can deliver a finished product and deliver on time.
    10-25-11 07:40 PM
    RIM just killed off the Playbook v1 hardware. The fanboys will say that they love it the way it is and nothing else was needed, unfortunately the overwhelming majority of existing Blackberry phone users, and non-Blackberry phone users have disagreed by not purchasing the device, no matter what your silly little polls say. Their is absolutely zero chance of a re-birth now with the existing hardware. I believe that we will get a Blackberry OS2.0, probably well after February, and then BBX will be held off for the successor to the Playbook and the phones. Companies and Government still won't buy the device either without 2.0, and by the time they get 2.0 out they will probably wait for updated hardware. I'll bet that before 2.0 comes out, iPad will get FIPS approved, will have real business apps, self sufficient e-mail and PIM, and the migration of Government will begin towards iDevices.

For the love of Christ RIM, you could have put a freeking VM of BBOS onto the Playbook and had full BIS/BES functionality and BBOS app support and it would have been easy. Now you've neglected the number 1 feature of **** poor adoption of the Playbook for too long. **** playing with this stupid Android player and just release the Native apps and just make people develop in HTML5 and Native SDK.
    avt123 and kevinnugent like this.
    10-25-11 07:40 PM
    Blah blah blah...........My Playbook at 1.0.7 is still miles ahead of my Ipad2. I doubt Apple will be able to come up with a multitasking OS for ipod iphone ipad (Aren't they all the same device BTW?) Not going to happen extremely difficult.
    10-25-11 07:41 PM
    Its funny, I have a new itouch 32gig 4th gen / Bold Touch / Playbook, and just not long ago Sprint got Iphone 4s and I just said to myself two days ago, boy I wish I could incorporate my 32gig itouch with my Bold Touch ( like one item) instead or carrying all 3 around....... But RIM stroke-out

I see myself selling my Pathetic Book (PB) an Bold Touch and iTouch 32 gig 4th gen for a 64 gig iphone 4s....Thank you RIM......oh and by the way my son also has a itouch 16gig 4th gen and his new touch torch....i'll make him carrying 1 item instead of 2.......THANK YOU for the 8yrs of service RIM
    10-25-11 07:41 PM
    So what exactly are the responsibilities of a CEO then? By your logic, Skilling at Enron should of gotten off free since his minglings were the ones who committed fraud, right? Skilling wasn't the one responsible for it - blame the accountant and finance department - they did it.....
    rcab likes this.
    10-25-11 07:42 PM
    This is understandable if it's an issue pops up once in a while. But RIM has completely lost it and has provided failure after failure from once known promises. It's no wonder the media can look at at places like devcon and call it a pipe dream. They no longer believe the company can come out with goods on time for the market trend. This problem is much higher than just project managers.
    10-25-11 07:44 PM
    Rim, just give us email and pim...most consumers don't need it to be hooked up to a BIS or BES as almost ALL the other tablets out there have shown.
    I wish RIM just focused on a QNX phone rather then make a tab. I have little faith that BBX will deliver, and in a timely manner. Forget it.
    I'm being optimistic for RIM that next year will be a game changer. If not, it's the end of the road for my relationship with RIM as well.

On a side note, I can't wait till it comes out! In the mean time, will be enjoying my beta 2.0 with android apps and whatever the appstore throws my way!
    I wish RIM just focused on a QNX phone rather then make a tab.
    Agreed, but my opinion is heavily influenced by the fact I don't really have a need for any of the tablets right now. I think they should have done QNX phone first, tablet later.
    10-25-11 07:45 PM
    That's just profoundly incorrect, pretty much everything you said.
    Wangta likes this.
    10-25-11 07:45 PM
    This is strike 3 folks. What a kick in between the legs this is. Especially those of us who have been with the playbook since day 1... Not only the massive delay, but also no native BBM. No more fan boy badge on this guy. RIM can take it and shove it up their rear end.

In short -> GFYS RIM (•__• )┌П┐

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ericlc2; 10-25-11 at 07:54 PM.
    10-25-11 07:46 PM
    So we are now expecting a 10 month delay from launch to get basic features like email.

It kind of makes you wonder what Balsillie was thinking when he said "60 days." From 60 days to 10 months is one helluva delay.

Conclusion: RIM management are liars or completely incompetent.

This kind of delay means that the "60 days" comment, the "summer" comment and the "demonstrated at devcon" comments were all just invented fabrications.

February is a long enough time away that the clown programmers and managers can go back to goofing off and pretending to make progress and no one will be on their backs for a few months. I wonder if February will hold? I have no confidence in that.
    dave1701 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-25-11 07:47 PM
    For those of you interested, here is what James "Jim" Balsillie is getting paid for 2011:

Compensation for 2011
    Salary $1,175,664.00
    Bonus $0.00
    Restricted stock awards $2,708,340.00
    All other compensation $10,777.00
    Option awards $ $0.00
    Non-equity incentive plan compensation $1,204,761.00
    Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation earnings $12,586.00
    Total Compensation $5,112,128.0
    10-25-11 07:47 PM
    Personally, I have bought the last RIM product. I really can't see myself supporting RIM any longer. All of my friends have left RIM to either Android or Iphone.
    10-25-11 07:49 PM
    Cheers RIM, it looks like things are coming together

I look forward to the new features
    10-25-11 07:50 PM
    For those of you interested, here is what James "Jim" Balsillie is getting paid for 2011:

Compensation for 2011
    Salary $1,175,664.00
    Bonus $0.00
    Restricted stock awards $2,708,340.00
    All other compensation $10,777.00
    Option awards $ $0.00
    Non-equity incentive plan compensation $1,204,761.00
    Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation earnings $12,586.00
    Total Compensation $5,112,128.0
    Highest paid used car salesman I've ever seen!
    Chrisy, avt123 and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    I cant read this thread anymore. Too depressing
    Cheers RIM, it looks like things are coming together

I look forward to the new features
    10-25-11 07:51 PM
    Well, I don't know what to say except... anyone wanna buy a 9930 and PB? I'm officially done. Oh well, I knew what I was getting into - but 4 months away? Seriously? No way.
    10-25-11 07:51 PM
486 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD