I must be the only person who doesn't really care about OS 2.0. I mainly use my Playbook for couch surfing on the internet between commercials and stuff. OS 2.0 isn't going to improve on that experience, so I could care less.
    Yea, and when they stop updating the playbook because no one is buying it because of the lack of apps and e-mail, etc, you will care then, when you can no longer browse because you don't have the latest version of so and so. Do you not see the problem in not caring? You're part of the problem...

I'm posting from my playbook, I wanted this thing to be great, but they've just made a grave mistake. I do NOT see how it is possible to take 10 months in this day and age to get email and an app player and bbm on a tablet, it's completely mind blowing to me and all the others who expected and wanted big things out of the playbook. It's just sad.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-26-11 01:46 AM
    I can't believe it, they can't be this horrible of a company.
    1 year to release the native apps needed? F....
    10-26-11 01:46 AM
    I think we should all send emails to the CEO and higher officials of RIM, get our voice heard for once.. If we just sit and ***** about it, nothing will change.
    10-26-11 02:01 AM
    Wow just wow! Utterly disappointing! ill be purchasing a different tablet for the holidays.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 02:09 AM
    Disapointed but not all that surprised by this news, I think we should accept that the Playbook at least PB v1 is dead, I expect new Playbook hardware to be announced at the same time as the QNX smartphones, as long as they update the software on this PB i dont mind but if they dont i will never buy a RIM product again.

If i wasnt 24 hours outwith my returns/cancellation policy i would be seriously thinking about returning this PB, i am not sure i can go 4 months without auto correct.

Just goes to show that its the same old RIM Alec Saunders must either be a liar or incompetent if he was saying 4 days ago that OS 2.0 would be here by the end of the year.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-26-11 02:14 AM
    a letdown.rim is really getting in the habit of delaying.os 2.0 should have been outted so efforts could then be turned to the next new pbook.
    10-26-11 02:31 AM
    Now with this announcement and the release of the survey, I hope they are going to release at least a few new features into the existing OS before Feb.
    Might be a bit much to ask but 3-4 months without any updates seems crazy.

After the announcement (hindsight is a wonderful thing) I had a feeling that they wouldnt do anything until after the next 2 devcons.
    10-26-11 02:32 AM
    Oh well, maybe by then the Playbook will have 95 fart apps just like the ipad!
    Maybe, but using Android App Player the fart apps will probably have limited functionality on PB
    ferganer likes this.
    10-26-11 02:37 AM
    **** everything about this. Epic Fail.

Also, some of you are absolute *******. How the **** can do defend RIM at this point? Continuous failure, time after time. ******* ****.
    10-26-11 03:02 AM
    I've been supportive all along but anyone that still uses the "better late and a good product instead of too early and a buggy product" argument should agree on the fact that they've had plenty of time to deliver a great product. If they can't, they need to hire more/better developers. It's that simple.
    MPLexus301 likes this.
    10-26-11 03:04 AM
    Hi, this is my first time posting on this read, but I've been following Crackberry forum for sometimes now.

As sad as I am to hear about the delay.. i can't say I didn't see this coming.
    Playbook's main manufacture is in Taiwan, Quanta, but due to the lack of sales, Quanta fired 2,000 employees, basically everyone who's working on playbook. Moreover, Quanta now will be making Kindle... basically a playbook look alike. So unless RIM has some other manufacture we don't know about.. they're not producing anymore playbooks, and doesn't have any plans in the near future. If that's the case, why would they want to make an os update that could increase their sales volume? I think most of their stock has been cleared by the recent discounts.

Playbook will remain as a niche product in a niche market. but, RIM should've just come straight out, instead of giving us false hope.
    10-26-11 03:55 AM
    **** everything about this. Epic Fail.

Also, some of you are absolute *******. How the **** can do defend RIM at this point? Continuous failure, time after time. ******* ****.
    I have not seen anyone defend RIM in this thread. I see posts about people accepting what is a big disappointment.
    No need to call people names either.
    10-26-11 04:25 AM
    I'm glad that RIM decided to "man-up" and put an end to the speculation on when OS2 was going to be released. At least they seem to have adopted the "under-promise and over-deliver" approach, rather than "over-promise and under-deliver" route taken thus far.

I genuinely believe that RIM and Blackberry need a new face to represent the brand. A new ambassador. Mike L. and Jim B. delivered greatness for many years, but the time for change is NOW!

I can understand that RIM won't be getting too much lovin' in the weeks to come, but life goes on people!
    They only announced it after BGR broke the news, and they had to.
    10-26-11 04:47 AM
    Hi, this is my first time posting on this read, but I've been following Crackberry forum for sometimes now.

As sad as I am to hear about the delay.. i can't say I didn't see this coming.
    Playbook's main manufacture is in Taiwan, Quanta, but due to the lack of sales, Quanta fired 2,000 employees, basically everyone who's working on playbook. Moreover, Quanta now will be making Kindle... basically a playbook look alike. So unless RIM has some other manufacture we don't know about.. they're not producing anymore playbooks, and doesn't have any plans in the near future. If that's the case, why would they want to make an os update that could increase their sales volume? I think most of their stock has been cleared by the recent discounts.

Playbook will remain as a niche product in a niche market. but, RIM should've just come straight out, instead of giving us false hope.
    This makes sense for the new ones to be made, but doesn't cover the 400 - 500k of units that have already been bought by us suckers.
    10-26-11 04:52 AM
    I think we should all send emails to the CEO and higher officials of RIM, get our voice heard for once.. If we just sit and ***** about it, nothing will change.
    Please write the sample letter and provide the CEO and higher staff email on it. I will send to them .
    thx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 05:15 AM
    ...... I'll take a deep...........

RIM are you for serial??????????? WTF are these playing for???

You come out with this after your so anxiously expected DevCon, that by the way was a JOKE!!!!.

Ok, am not over pissed because we're I don't have OS 2.0, I like my playbook the way it is, what really set me on raging fire is RIM worthless promeses. I've lost count on how many things they have committed to deliver and fail to, they are ( if not already) building such a bad Co image. How do RIM expect to be trustful when they FAIL on doing the thing they've said.

Who's to blame now???, for sure not we.. your long years loyal customer. MIKE.... you should so us your face again like last week and beg us for apologies.....

F**** native PIM, F**** native BBM and F**** OS 2.0..... RIM, don't promise thing you can't give when you say you will.

For me, this little announcement was STRIKE 3 for the 3rd Out on the 9th Inning..... get the **** out of here.....

Most sadly and pathetic of all of this is that I expect nothing truly interesting and REAL from RIM.

That's it, finished with my rant, just had to take out of my system.
    10-26-11 05:15 AM
    If, as RIM says, QNX is so easy to develop for, why is it taking RIM so long to complete basic features?

If I were a developer, I would not devote my time to developing for this platform.

Why would a developer devote resources to a platfor of only a few hundred thousand users and have no idea when/if more users will be coming? That does not seem profitable and a huge risk.
    10-26-11 05:16 AM
    I'm tired of RIM now, they say "60 days" for native email and other features then "late October" for OS 2.0, they need to stop making dates and promises if they keep failing to meet them! This drew the last straw, not sure if I'm going to keep the PB any longer, the Asus Transformer + keyboard dock has been on my wishlist for a while and this may be the time.

Now that I think of it, I fear the QNX phones will be delayed until 2013 when they said mid 2012, screw that.
    10-26-11 05:17 AM
    Go business, RIM. Stick to it.
    Deliver first class and we'll be happy. Now you have a clear dead line: Wet the shirt, shake whatever you want, work 7/7, but deliver good and deliver on time.
    10-26-11 05:24 AM
    Heres a different spin on the news.. with the recent price drop i'm guessing they could be binning PB01 for a later release and pulling part of the team for PB02
    chrism_scotland likes this.
    10-26-11 05:25 AM
    I feel bad for Alec Saunders, RIM's new developer relations guy. He put his credibility on the line and only yesterday said 2.0 would be released before the end of the year. He has only been with RIM a short time. Now he sees what kind of disfunctonal company he works for. See what RIM does to you?
    10-26-11 05:25 AM
    Still at Strike 2, Crackberry Kevin? Bla1ze? I'm about at Strike 3.
    10-26-11 05:29 AM
    as a non-BB phone owner i really don't care about BBM on the playbook, what i do care about is:

1. native apps for email, skype, etc
    2. QT & SDL for app development
    3. WebGL and Flash11 for improved web use

If I have to wait till February I will, but BB really need to get their act together quickly!
    Last edited by jedibeeftrix; 10-26-11 at 05:35 AM.
    10-26-11 05:30 AM
    Okay that does it!
    My advice? This device has had its run. It is hardly going according to plan and is not doing RIM any good.
    Scrap it. Can it. Make a Playbook 2 with radio capabilities, with native everything like a standard Blackberry device. Even with a bigger screen.
    D.amn it re-think the whole thing and shut the co-fools up on ever talking about anything that is not coming out the following day.
    10-26-11 05:35 AM
    as a non-BB phone owner i really don't care about BBM on the playbook, what i do care about is:

1. native apps for email, skype, etc
    2. QT & SDL for app development
    3. WebGL and Flash11 for improved web use

If I have to wait till February I will, but BB really need to get their act together quickly!
    +1 (w/ dlna and network folder access support)
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    10-26-11 05:37 AM
486 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD