or you can use it as a paperweight, or as a digital photo frame, or an alarm clock. there are so many uses and you are complaining? ingrate
    I hope you're not talking to me, right?
    10-26-11 12:12 AM
    It's mostly principle, I was promised a fully functioning playbook and right now it's garbage. It's glitchy, the bridge doesn't work properly at times and the onscreen keyboard is ****. Suprisingly, the only fully working thing in my PB setup is my Apple mouse and keyboard.

Also, it's easier to browse on my Mac Book pro then it is the playbook.
    10-26-11 12:13 AM
    I hope you're not talking to me, right?
    No sir. I was "talking" to Cybix who doesn't seem to appreciate a $500 browser I was just supporting your argument
    10-26-11 12:14 AM
    No sir. I was "talking" to Cybix who doesn't seem to appreciate a $500 browser I was just supporting your argument
    I will use it as a 500$ paperweight until OS2.0, thx for the tips bruv
    10-26-11 12:16 AM
    As much as I love my PlayBook as it is and my Torch 9810 for everything else, this latest announcement is greatly disturbing. Seems to me, PlayBook will be canceled in the future with RIM leaving the tablet market for good and all existing PlayBooks will be supported for a period of "foreseeable future". I love BB 7 the way it is now then RIM announced that they were going to essentially leave all the existing Java-based apps cold turkey and switched en masse to BBX, this made me truly question the decision making of RIM. I am already thinking about my next non-BB smartphone when RIM goes the way of Palm...Sad indeed.
    10-26-11 12:16 AM
    It's mostly principle, I was promised a fully functioning playbook and right now it's garbage. It's glitchy, the bridge doesn't work properly at times and the onscreen keyboard is ****. Suprisingly, the only fully working thing in my PB setup is my Apple mouse and keyboard.

Also, it's easier to browse on my Mac Book pro then it is the playbook.
    I can still browse, watch movies, listen to musics. Don't think you can consider those as garbage. I agree with bridge not working properly but 9 out of 10 works fine. Fine as in it's working, not perfectly but it's working.

Of course it's easier to browse on laptop and PCs. That's not the main the reason you bought your PB I hope? To replace your laptop/PCs.
    10-26-11 12:18 AM
    I can still browse, watch movies, listen to musics. Don't think you can consider those as garbage. I agree with bridge not working properly but 9 out of 10 works fine. Fine as in it's working, not perfectly but it's working.

Of course it's easier to browse on laptop and PCs. That's not the main the reason you bought your PB I hope? To replace your laptop/PCs.
    OK, now consider that you can do everything you listed on other tablets plus you can enjoy native email/calendar/PIM and tonnes of useful and not so useful apps. well, compared to other tablets that are usually even cheaper, the PLaybook in its current state is garbage. Very expensive garbage.
    10-26-11 12:21 AM
    Well when it rains it pours I suppose, in regards to bad news. Its very dissapointing to say the least, the only good thing about them announcing this is that we're not left in the dark. But like so many people said most people don't care, only forum members and bloggers do. But are those not the die hard RIM loyalists? I can complain as to how RIM will leave the old aPps in the past, its time to move on and it had to happen sometime but the PlayBook has had such a rocky road that I don't even think should have released it or at least not announced an android player. The initial people that bought it (myself included) didn't buy it because it was getting android in the future, we bought it because it was a sleek new tablet with a beautiful OS. 6 months later and the app world is finally starting to mature and now that the native SDK is out I hardly see a use for the android player other than it to keep a promise. The whole playbook is so convoluted that it seems pointless to debate on the topic. It serves its purpose for me and will continue to do so without 2.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SourBB; 10-26-11 at 12:45 AM.
    10-26-11 12:26 AM
    And you're here why?

Already shown over months of postings that you're not the brightest of them...

1) you blame the sales associate for your Playbook purchase
    2) you can't figure out when hockey teams play
    3) you can't spell

...none of which is saved by Siri or OS5 or the mighty iPad2... which leaves:

Seriously, were you kicked off the Apple boards or something?

I own a iPod touch 4th gen and routinely help out work colleagues with their iPad issues, I respect their problems (yes, they have them) and help them out... you on the other hand, seem to delight in abuse to bolster some sort of superiority thing even though your posts are purile and poorly constructed.

You are an annoying 'born again' Apple troll... just go away now. Why are you still posting here? Your time is done. Not gonna tip ya, someone else has been brought in to replace you at the piano this Friday.

Sent from my Playbook without any sort of auto-correct... apparently I can spell.
    Hey great post....the stalking is really flattering. Only nowhere did I blame a salesman for my Playbook purchase, no clue what your NHL/spelling remark is based on, I only bought a BB phone to save money, I've been using Apple stuff since 2002. Other than not having a single fact correct, great, insightful post.
    10-26-11 12:28 AM
    OK, now consider that you can do everything you listed on other tablets plus you can enjoy native email/calendar/PIM and tonnes of useful and not so useful apps. well, compared to other tablets that are usually even cheaper, the PLaybook in its current state is garbage. Very expensive garbage.
    I bought my 64GB for 299CAD. The main reason I bought it is because of the size as well as for browsing and reading, maybe a bit of music and movies. Not saying that I'm not disappointed with RIM, I was watching Devcon waiting for them to announce and maybe release OS2.0 yet no such announcement. So again, I bought it mainly for browsing and reading. Oh and at least they rolled out the OS2.0 beta, I can run Kindle now
    10-26-11 12:34 AM
    I bought my 64GB for 299CAD. The main reason I bought it is because of the size as well as for browsing and reading, maybe a bit of music and movies. Not saying that I'm not disappointed with RIM, I was watching Devcon waiting for them to announce and maybe release OS2.0 yet no such announcement. So again, I bought it mainly for browsing and reading. Oh and at least they rolled out the OS2.0 beta, I can run Kindle now
    They could at least enable the bridge so we can use OS2.0 beta with our BB's...

At the very least it would be the nice thing to do.
    10-26-11 12:36 AM
    I agree. I also bought it because of the size. But I really was waiting for the email, calender, contacts, PIM and something like skype as I mainly use (or wanted to use) my PlayBook for communication. And I as well as many of us really thought that RIM can't lie all the time and would deliver the update sporting all the native apps soon.

But now, the portable size is irrelevant with so many 6, 7, and 8 inchers coming to the market. I am just having trouble comprehending why anyone in his right mind would buy the crippled Playbook just to be able to browse the web when he can buy a similar-seize tablet that he can use for browsing PLUS everything else.
    Last edited by ferganer; 10-26-11 at 12:48 AM.
    10-26-11 12:41 AM
    Add my name to the list of PB owners who are frustrated by this announcement. Only positive thing is we have a "date" that will come and go, instead of just wondering when it will happen. While we wait can RIM fix the browser so it doesn't hang? In spring my contract will be where I can buy a new phone. If no updates happen between now and then I am finished with RIM products.
    10-26-11 12:43 AM
    Add my name to the list of PB owners who are frustrated by this announcement. Only positive thing is we have a "date" that will come and go, instead of just wondering when it will happen. While we wait can RIM fix the browser so it doesn't hang? In spring my contract will be where I can buy a new phone. If no updates happen between now and then I am finished with RIM products.
    Don't forget that February 2012 is when OS 2.0 is EXPECTED. No commitments made.
    10-26-11 12:45 AM
    I haven't had my Playbook for very long, so had 2.0 come out, it would have been a bonus for me. A major OS update within a month of ownership? Wow!

I /can/ sympathize with the people who have been waiting since April though. My prior tablet was the Nokia N770, purchased in 2006.

2007 - new N800, new OS with no backwards port to the N770
    2008 - new N810 and backwards port to the N800, none for N770, though an N770 Hacker Edition was produced, though not stable
    2009 - new N900, with no backwards port to the N810, N800 or N770.
    2010 - tablet OS replaced by MeeGo
    2011 - MeeGo abandoned in favor of WP7

From my perspective, as long as RIM keeps OS support for the current Playbook, I'll be happy.
    10-26-11 12:51 AM
    The word EXPECTED is another fail lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 12:51 AM
    Hey great post....the stalking is really flattering. Only nowhere did I blame a salesman for my Playbook purchase, no clue what your NHL/spelling remark is based on, I only bought a BB phone to save money, I've been using Apple stuff since 2002. Other than not having a single fact correct, great, insightful post.
    chuckle

missed this, 'slugger'?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post6757879

or this? what you weren't instantly informed?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6798758

Don't flatter yourself, you not so much being stalked as pointed and laughed at.

And you have frequently mentioned your 'misrepresentation' of the Playbook from your salesman. On this forum. Go away now.
    10-26-11 12:53 AM
    chuckle

missed this, 'slugger'?

Don't flatter yourself, you not so much being stalked as pointed and laughed at.

And you have frequently mentioned your 'misrepresentation' of the Playbook from your salesman. On this forum. Go away now.
    All men communicating through the internet are stalkers and perverts. Didn't you hear?

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-26-11 at 01:05 AM.
    10-26-11 01:01 AM
    chuckle

missed this, 'slugger'?

Why don't you go away? Or use your superior computering skills to compile a list of why I should be banned so you can cry to the moderators. I said I wish the salesman had warned me about the Playbook, but all the disinfo came from RISM.

Oh, BTW, your use of the term "troll" is so clever...was that something you coined yourself?
    10-26-11 01:13 AM
    Why don't you go away? Or use your superior computering skills to compile a list of why I should be banned so you can cry to the moderators. I said I wish the salesman had warned me about the Playbook, but all the disinfo came from RISM.

Oh, BTW, your use of the term "troll" is so clever...was that something you coined yourself?
    Referee whistle!!

Lets see which one should go away from the Playbook forum, the one with the Crackberry logo or the one with the apple logo and the sour a$$ attitude stirring up trouble with no useful purpose other than to be constantly bawling about how a salesperson "swindled" them into a playbook purchase??

lol
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-26-11 at 01:22 AM.
    10-26-11 01:20 AM

Sent from my Playbook without any sort of auto-correct... apparently, I can spell.
    That's very good. Now if you could convince the one million or so people that passed on the pb's sitting in the warehouse that they will be as successful, you may have a career in selling sand in Florida.
    10-26-11 01:23 AM

But I do NOT want to browse this and other forums on my pb and read my email on my pb and then move to my desktop/laptop/netbook to reply in those forums or email because the pb is a near-total flop when it comes to typing text correctly and being able to fix typos. So, yes, for static sites where I only read, it may be passable. But for active web browsing and input it is not passable.

And even then, you can't even zoom crackberry for a larger font without having to scroll left/right. So that aspect of using the playbook is also hindered. And try tapping on one of those small page numbers in threads.
    10-26-11 01:28 AM
    no, its not that... it's uninformed people dictating what they believe is right

I have three people in our office that have iPhones and two with iPads, they're good people who chose these devices without prejudice and work with them daily. I can respect that. As the IT go-to person in the office, I help them with their connectivity and operational problems. Same as I do with the BB and Android workers. It seems to be here, in the 'user forums' that people have their personal and petty agendas.

So the BB haters can **** off in a blantantly pro-BB forum such as <look up at the banner> Crackberry.com. I come here for info and updates and operational tip info, and read this vitriolic spew. Enough. If you hate this platform, go away. I operate with it daily. If you have to promote your preference, you have your forums. If you're still coming back to post negative ***t, you're obviously not busy enough at work to keep your attention focused.

Read enough over several months to beak off.

Cheerful Regards to all,
    10-26-11 01:30 AM
    chuckle

missed this, 'slugger'?

Isnt stalking were you tell him to get lost and he doesnt, so you get lost?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-26-11 at 01:48 AM.
    10-26-11 01:32 AM
    RIM made a lot of execution mistakes.

(1) the UI was coded in Flash, and then it is redone to be in native codes.
    (2) email client was coded in java, and then the java player is killed, so the email client has to be redone.
    (3) not allowing 3rd party developer to sell email client app --- when the whole world is screaming at you about the lack of email client. RIM should just buy out that guy who did that 3rd party Playbook email app and give it out to all Playbook users for free as a stop gap.
    (4) not licensing 3rd party software solutions --- you are massively late on a thousand items and you are too cheap to license 3rd party bluetooth stacks which are available on the QNX platform.
    10-26-11 01:44 AM
486 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD