I would love to add to the maelstrom of mixed response to this news for what its worth. I love my PB coupled with my 9900 in bridged mode. Its been like this at inception and any BB fan would not ever be without their handset, PB or not. Its a marriage. As always anticipated and always known. Many of us are "married", to our jobs, our life styles and to a significant other, our soulmate. Our communication devices are very similar to a marriage. We commit and put so much on the line for a chosen means of outward existance. We decide initially on the attributes and style and personality and then pull the trigger. I commit. RIM is my communication partner and I am still in love with everything she promised. Having to click Bridge on my hand set and PB for email or BBM is never been off from what we have all at first fell in love with .. the fact that she has not worn the victoria secret out fit she promised on our honey moon has not made her any less sexy.
    I hope you haven't downloaded any fart apps, cause that would be a total turn-off.
    Barljo and bermont like this.
    10-25-11 11:13 PM
    I am afraid they don't really care about the Playbook. They just needed guinea pigs to test their new OS before it's released on the phones.
    I don't think it's a matter of not caring about the PlayBook. I think they bit off more than they could chew when they decided to bring on QNX. Marrying QNX and BIS/BES is probably turning out far more difficult then they imagined.
    10-25-11 11:18 PM
    I must be the only person who doesn't really care about OS 2.0. I mainly use my Playbook for couch surfing on the internet between commercials and stuff. OS 2.0 isn't going to improve on that experience, so I could care less.
    10-25-11 11:19 PM
    I'm dissapointed.

No point in ranting on as everyone seems to have done that over the past 19 pages.

All I will say is that I don't know how much longer I can keep faith in this company for.
    10-25-11 11:21 PM
    I see 90% of comments sayin there switchin after this.
    10-25-11 11:21 PM
    281 posts in less than 6 hours.
    10-25-11 11:25 PM
    What does BBX really stand for... But But we will have it in X amount of months! Say good night Irene... "Good Night Irene"!
    BBX.....Should be more accurate....BBsuX
    10-25-11 11:25 PM
    Next official announcement from RIM regarding the playbook will be "Rim will no longer provide support or updates for the playbook. We are going to focus on the bbx phone."
    10-25-11 11:26 PM
    Here's my news flash...I'm done with RIM and their products. Purchased a Playbook on day one and also 9930 on day one. I'm so pissed! What a disappointment.
    I am in the same shoes, PB 64GB + 9900... first is completely raw tablet with no apps to work on / entertain with, the second's battery life is way shorter that one would expect (after the use of 9000/9700)... Can't explain how ****ty I feel myself reading the blog...
    10-25-11 11:28 PM
    I actually feel a bit bad because some poor staff member in the Beta Zone PlayBook Global Community is really taking it quite hard.

Makes you wonder where to direct the blame.
    10-25-11 11:31 PM
    I think many loyal RIM customers became early adopters of the PB based on good faith. Whether that was a good decision on the part of the buyer depends on your point of view. Regardless, customers have a right to be upset and complain when a company consistently fails to deliver. By staying quiet and simply accepting every excuse that comes out of the mouths of RIM management like it's a gift is what will continue to make this company stagnant and ultimately dead. It's okay to complain about politicians when they fail to deliver on promises but somehow the folks at RIM are treated by some as higher powers that should never be questioned.
    oldtimeBBaddict and jarekb like this.
    10-25-11 11:32 PM
    There are two things I take away from this...

First of all, I was under the assumption that 2.0 was going to arrive sooner than later. Why? Because RIM started accepting Android-Converted apps during DevCon. Since the 2.0 is pushed back till Feb, I guess this means these apps will sit in AppWorld (unable to be used by anyone) for 4 months. If I was a developer, I'd not be too thrilled by this.

Secondly, one of my biggest complaints have been the lack of apps. Sure 2.0 will bring some nice features, but I've been more focused on the availability QUALITY apps to the playbook. Although this means we won't see Android apps till Feb, I'm hoping we'll still see some good apps begin to appear in the meantime, especially since the NDK is now available to devlopers.
    10-25-11 11:32 PM
    The comparisons to Apple and Android are getting silly....RIM is no longer a major player and does not warrant comparison. There is no "big three", only two.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-25-11 11:37 PM
    I must be the only person who doesn't really care about OS 2.0. I mainly use my Playbook for couch surfing on the internet between commercials and stuff. OS 2.0 isn't going to improve on that experience, so I could care less.
    For me there were some rumoured features that I was interested in but I'll still enjoy my PB without them...for now. It's the announcement and what it represents that gets me upset. I was really hoping OS 2.0 would come out before year end and spark wide interest. The more adopters, the more developers will take notice. Right now most developers and companies don't give Blackberry a thought when developing apps. It's all about the iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
    10-25-11 11:39 PM
    That's right... I am very disappointed with RIM. I has been waiting a lot the good news, but today was a piece of crap.. I will sell my PB and turn to Iphone... Fr instance, see RIM falling down..
    10-25-11 11:49 PM
    I see 90% of comments sayin there switchin after this.
    Not in the short run, I would say, as people have locked up some of their funds in a playbook already. But most of them will probably switch to a different brand whe it's time to get a new tablet or when there is disposable income to make the switch.

As for me, I have decided to sell my PB for much less than I bought it for and spend some extra to get a FULLY FUNCTIONAL tablet.

Will probably get a Sammy or wait for the new Kal-El / ICS tablets to hit the market.
    10-25-11 11:50 PM
    Yes, I will waiting the Mini Ipad... Steve Jobs was right... RIM sucks.. !!
    10-25-11 11:54 PM
    I've never been so disappointed with RIM in my entire life.

This is unbelievable. My playbook has been sitting on my desk unused waiting for them to do an update that would make it worthwhile and now I have to wait 4 more months after several months of empty promises?

Forget that, RIM you're unbelievable. I can see at this point why RIM is a sinking ship. Outages, late deadlines, inferior products. The iPad was and always will be better, I think the days of RIM are over and it's time to move on.

I feel as if this is the straw that broke the camels back, seriously, how could they even release this information and think it was a good idea. I feel betrayed and lied too, I feel that RIM promised so much and missed the mark completely.

Today is the day I call it quits, I'm not going to continue to allow RIM to mess with us.

iQuit.
    10-25-11 11:55 PM
    iQuit 2, RIM SUCKS
    ferganer and Cybix like this.
    10-26-11 12:00 AM
    iQuit.
    Nice one. It's icsQuit in my case
    Cybix likes this.
    10-26-11 12:03 AM
    Tomorrow in eBay, 600,000 playbook unit sold by RIM by $ 1.00 (Not include S&H)
    10-26-11 12:05 AM
    Sorry to bring this up but I heard iPad 3 will be 6" and if the rumours are true, I will be giving up my 64GB PlayBook.

I'm NOT disappointed or surprised by this news and most of all it's not the reason why I will be giving it up. I bought the 64GB iPod touch 4G a few days ago and being a Apple user (24" iMac) I can't believe how much I'm missing with my iTunes purchases.
    10-26-11 12:06 AM
    I've never been so disappointed with RIM in my entire life.

This is unbelievable. My playbook has been sitting on my desk unused waiting for them to do an update that would make it worthwhile and now I have to wait 4 more months after several months of empty promises?

Forget that, RIM you're unbelievable. I can see at this point why RIM is a sinking ship. Outages, late deadlines, inferior products. The iPad was and always will be better, I think the days of RIM are over and it's time to move on.

I feel as if this is the straw that broke the camels back, seriously, how could they even release this information and think it was a good idea. I feel betrayed and lied too, I feel that RIM promised so much and missed the mark completely.

Today is the day I call it quits, I'm not going to continue to allow RIM to mess with us.

iQuit.
    So you're saying that you can only use your PB when OS2.0 is out? You know that you can still browse with it right?
    10-26-11 12:08 AM
    The comparisons to Apple and Android are getting silly....RIM is no longer a major player and does not warrant comparison. There is no "big three", only two.
    And you're here why?

Already shown over months of postings that you're not the brightest of them...

1) you blame the sales associate for your Playbook purchase
    2) you can't figure out when hockey teams play
    3) you can't spell

...none of which is saved by Siri or OS5 or the mighty iPad2... which leaves:

Seriously, were you kicked off the Apple boards or something? Your incessant postings are ridiculous.

I own a iPod touch 4th gen and routinely help out work colleagues with their iPad issues, I respect their problems (yes, they have them) and help them out... you on the other hand, seem to delight in abuse to bolster some sort of superiority thing even though your posts are purile and poorly constructed.

You are an annoying 'born again' Apple troll... just go away now. Why are you still posting here? Your time is done. Not gonna tip ya, someone else has been brought in to replace you at the piano this Friday.

Sent from my Playbook without any sort of auto-correct... apparently, I can spell.
    Last edited by vorpalz; 10-26-11 at 12:30 AM.
    10-26-11 12:09 AM
    So you're saying that you can only use your PB when OS2.0 is out? You know that you can still browse with it right?
    or you can use it as a paperweight, or as a digital photo frame, or an alarm clock. there are so many uses and you are complaining? ingrate
    Cybix, FF22 and LewLew23 like this.
    10-26-11 12:09 AM
486 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD