im just afraid the next step is rim dumping the playbook all together.
    10-25-11 08:43 PM
    I just fly off the handle when I'm angry and someone tells me to be rational. Anger is helthy and needs to be expressed.
    I wasn't quoting you...
    10-25-11 08:44 PM
    im just afraid the next step is rim dumping the playbook all together.
    If they don't push out the needed updates soon and ditch this whole idea of lumping everything into one big update, dumping the PB is actually the SMART thing to do...

It won't gain traction anyhow...
    Send Again and kbz1960 like this.
    10-25-11 08:44 PM
    Its funny there are 2 types of posters in this thread. The "Yea, this sucks, I'm disappointed" and the "I'm too cool to be disappointed".
    And then we have others like me who are displaying both perspectives simultaneously. I can multi-task!
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    10-25-11 08:46 PM
    And then we have others like me who are displaying both perspectives simultaneously. I can multi-task!
    Of course you can, you have a PlayBook
    10-25-11 08:47 PM
    14 pages in and no cheerleading comment from "world traveler and former ceo"? Guess the cats got his tongue..

As most people have said..RIM has NO credibility anymore. Even their new man Alec Saunders was tweeting it would be end of fall..and before the end of the year. Either he's out of the loop..or he's full of ****e too! No matter how you look at it..the company's a joke.
    mrsadkins9399 likes this.
    10-25-11 08:47 PM
    I wasn't quoting you...
    Sorry, I was commenting on the poster that you quoted.
    10-25-11 08:48 PM
    Sorry, I was commenting on the poster that you quoted.
    No worries!
    10-25-11 08:50 PM
    Is this seriously comment 170 something? Wow the children have thrown a tantrum! This news hasn't given me reason to question the company or the product. It's run by humans, of course there's going to be stuff ups. My present beef is with a society that allows grown human beings to respond like three year olds when they don't get what they want. I've read all the comments, I agree with the frustrations. When my three year old looks at me and tells me that she doesn't love me because I wont let her watch TV for more than half an hour every three days, it doesn't make me reach for the remote. When she doesn't behave like a feral child (AKA many posters here) that gives me the sense of satisfaction that even though it's been painful, even though I've had to renig on some promises, I've done the right thing. I don't propose to know what RIM are up to, or even if they know what they're doing. I will say this. It's a company, this is a device. I have it now and it works great for me, I'll use it and be appreciative of the things that come out when they come out. Many posters have said that it's the end for them, but don't get your knickers in a twist because your angst doesn't result in a mass walkout by everyone who might not share your anger. All this has done to me is make me consider giving up on crackberry all the more. No water before bedtime? Excellent, I don't want to wet the bed.
    It must blow to have a simple minded consumer-only mindset when it comes to technology. Gimme-the-best! NOW! Please for the love of God chill out. I work in broadcast television and I can tell you that every single product that major manufacturers bring out NEVER works out of the box. And we spend 100 times what you spent on your 'whatever you have'. Recently we purchased 3 cameras at 63,000 dollars each. First we had to pay up front 50%, then we had to wait 5 months for delivery, then we have to wait until December for a software update, then we have to wait until March for an upgrade board. And know what? This is par for the course in professional equipment. You folks are whining like little spoiled kids because your 700 dollar whatever doesn't wipe your **** the right way, and God-forbid, you were promised something by someone and they can't deliver to your liking.

Give it a rest.
    These are probably the two most stupidest posts in this thread. Get a grip, $500 to $700(price of the PB at launch) is not pocket change, it's quite a bit of money. RIM did promise a lot of things and the fact that people are angry because they did not deliver does not makes us children, RIM plainly ripped us off. The fact that you guys are willing to take it up the **** from RIM despite them constantly lying to you shows everyone that you are nothing more than sheep, you guys are the closest examples to Stockholm syndrome as you can get when it comes to a business-customer relation.

RIM takes their customers for granted and have been doing so for the past few years. It has started catching up to them and will eventually lead to their demise and that can't come soon enough.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    10-25-11 08:52 PM
    14 pages in and no cheerleading comment from "world traveler and former ceo"? Guess the cats got his tongue..

As most people have said..RIM has NO credibility anymore. Even their new man Alec Saunders was tweeting it would be end of fall..and before the end of the year. Either he's out of the loop..or he's full of ****e too! No matter how you look at it..the company's a joke.
    You still steaming because you didn't know when Fall started and ended?
    10-25-11 08:55 PM
    YEEeeea, So, how does the "BGR lies and just hates RIM!" crowd feel now? I tried to warn you guys when i said this would explain the devcon silence, all rim silence, and how quick Balsillie and Lazaridis left the stage without really saying anything.

Rumor? Just a rumor?

Okay rim zombies, have you finally had enough? Are you ready to quit scrambling for every last excuse and join us in holding rim's feet to the fire? You guys havent seen nuth'n yet... you think their sales have lagged, their market share has declined and their stock price has gone downhill now? Just wait until the consumer world fully digests how mike and jim bungled this and stuck it to the few customers like myself and a many others in here when they sold us a bill of goods.

No, i am not gloating, I am furious at how carelessly and thoughtlessly they trampled on the trust of those consumers who WERE ready to just give them this one last chance....

Another four months!?!?! really??? And what bloody fool really believes it will be out then!!!

At least i have my pride right now... and dont have 6 months of egg to scrape off my face.
    Not surprised at Rim's total fail. I want to hear Google or Microsoft is buying Rim so we can get this BBX errrr WebOS off the ground and done the right.
    jarekb likes this.
    The fact that you guys are willing to take it up the **** from RIM
    So that's what the RIMpire Strikes Back means!
    10-25-11 08:59 PM
    Like others, I share the feeling of complete and utter disappointment. RIM has pulled plenty of stunts with the PlayBook, but this is literally unforgivable.

I want to make a few other comments...

1) Those of you hoping for a QNX/BBX phone in 1Q12 either need to get real or get your prescriptions refilled. The PlayBook has been "beta" QNX all along and if they are pushing the 2.0 release out four months, there is NO WAY that the phone will be ready anything before Q312. It will never happen, so, there is why we didn't see it at DevCon.

2) The people defending Mike and Jim have to be personally involved with either/both of them - there is no logical, justifiable excuse for their actions. In a public company, the CEO(s) is the messenger and the one in charge. The people who deserve to be blamed, fired and thrown out on their butts are Jim Balsille and Mike Lazaridis. These two have allowed deadlines to go unmet and promises go unfulfilled. Yes, there is some blame for the project managers and developers, but ultimately, Mike and Jim have allowed this to happen.

Remember the "Open Letter to RIM" where the anonymous employee stated that the guy who wrote the original Storm software still worked there? Look at the PlayBook...are you surprised? If the PlayBook team continually came to senior management and was unable to reach deadlines, deliver product, and satisfy their goals, then they should have had turnover. Period. PERIOD. Mike and Jim have obviously created some type of environment where this type of BS, empty promise, lie to your face banter is acceptable. They both deserve to be fired because they ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS: earnings are down, customers are pissed off, deadlines are being missed and there is no "up" in sight. If I acted the way these two have, I'd (rightfully) be unemployed.

3) When we first heard about the PlayBook in September 2010, RIM insisted that they had been working on the idea for over a year (of course, not wanting to look like iPad posers). If this is true, I have no idea what to think - were they scribbling black boxes on heir note pads and labeling them "tablet"?. It took them 7 months from the time that they announced it to even get a product on the shelf. It will be AT LEAST a year and a half by the time they actually deliver on the promises that they made in Sept 2010. The February release date will likely be pushed back, so I'm guessing it will be a full year between OS1 and OS2 release. If this is not obvious evidence of RIM's lying and lack of technical ability, I don't know what is.

4) For a while, I've been wondering if RIM just has stupid Co-CEOs or is actually short on talent/ability. I've always thought it was the former, but now, I think it's both. There has to be 2-3 people in the company who could correctly write this code and get it to market in TEN MONTHS. Alas, this seems to be too much to ask. Lying B@stard CEOs and a workforce incapable of the most menial tasks (calendar, spell check, auto correct). Recipe for success!!!!!!!

5) if 1-4 aren't enough reason to see that RIM is dead, I don't know what to tell you. I expect an announcement about the removal of Mike and Jim this week, perhaps next week. At this point, the board of directors will absolutely have to intervene and try to provide investors with some amount of confidence. This was the final show for Mike and Jim, and I think everyone knows it.
    FF22, Wangta, Oil-Country1 and 3 others like this.
    10-25-11 09:00 PM
    I don't know why everyone is so upset with RIM.

Afterall they're gonna be announcing the "Porsche designed BlackBerry" in a couple of days (October 27th).

Thats something to look forward to!
    10-25-11 09:02 PM
    Honestly thought they were going to surprise us with something good. Guess I was wrong.

Ive always defended RIM. but i think enough is enough. Its time to pack it in. I manage over 50 bb's where i work. After forcing everyone to use bb's i think its time to let them try something else.

If RIM pushes out some good updates between now and February they might be able to keep people interested in this product otherwise its dead for sure. I think RIM is just using us to debug their next gen phones OS.

With that said. I do still like my PlayBook. It does do things no other tablet can do now or ever, but come christmas time I won't be getting the wife a PlayBook. Maybe I'll just wait for a suitable Microsoft tablet.
    10-25-11 09:02 PM
    Not surprised at Rim's total fail. I want to hear Google or Microsoft is buying Rim so we can get this BBX errrr WebOS off the ground and done the right.
    Google sucks...my opinion, but if you like them...just buy their product.
    10-25-11 09:03 PM
    YEEeeea, So, how does the "BGR lies and just hates RIM!" crowd feel now? I tried to warn you guys when i said this would explain the devcon silence, all rim silence, and how quick Balsillie and Lazaridis left the stage without really saying anything.
    You're mixing issues. This is a complete and utter fail by RIM. BGR is still full of plenty of complete BS...
    Torresr likes this.
    10-25-11 09:03 PM
    These are probably the two most stupidest posts in this thread. Get a grip, $500 to $700(price of the PB at launch) is not pocket change, it's quite a bit of money. RIM did promise a lot of things and the fact that people are angry because they did not deliver does not makes us children, RIM plainly ripped us off. The fact that you guys are willing to take it up the **** from RIM despite them constantly lying to you shows everyone that you are nothing more than sheep, you guys are the closest examples to Stockholm syndrome as you can get when it comes to a business-customer relation.

RIM takes their customers for granted and have been doing so for the past few years. It has started catching up to them and will eventually lead to their demise and that can't come soon enough.
    Wouldn't that mean that I would be ditching RIM and moving across to Apple? Seriously though, what are you doing here again? Like a Shepherd trying to lead the us to where the cool kids are? I have purchased the PB, don't need an iPad or Android. I'm just blown away by the reaction. How many people ditched Microsoft when they couldn't get their OS's right? Perhaps RIM just hate the rest of the world, Australia seems to have gotten off scott free. Perhaps they should relocate here under a more stable economy.
    10-25-11 09:04 PM
    **** you rim!!! I will never buy a pos from you again!!!
    I don't know why everyone is so upset with RIM.

Afterall they're gonna be announcing the "Porsche designed BlackBerry" in a couple of days (October 27th).

Thats something to look forward to!
    Ha, that is hilarious...well said.
    I am excited about OS2 no matter when it comes out because I am already pleased with my PB the way it is now...just putting my two cents in! I also have to agree with blackjack, it simply means four more months of improvements...and I personally would rather wait for a fully functional and developed OS rather than something half-assed...

Cheers all and BB/PB for life!!
    10-25-11 09:05 PM
    This is the time that I wish all the RIM staff are Japanese so that they can shoot themselves out of shame, starting from the CEO down.

Oh yeah, I'll try to send a mail to Apple, Microsoft, and other tablet manufacturers suggesting them to consider marketing this tagline:

"Why have a tablet that you have to wait for a feature to happen, when the <competition>'s features are just simply... there?"

RIM is really asking for it.
    10-25-11 09:08 PM
    I am excited about OS2 no matter when it comes out because I am already pleased with my PB the way it is now...just putting my two cents in! I also have to agree with blackjack, it simply means four more months of improvements...and I personally would rather wait for a fully functional and developed OS rather than something half-assed...

Cheers all and BB/PB for life!!
    Careful, you're about to be slammed hard!
    10-25-11 09:08 PM
    Wouldn't that mean that I would be ditching RIM and moving across to Apple? Seriously though, what are you doing here again? Like a Shepherd trying to lead the us to where the cool kids are? I have purchased the PB, don't need an iPad or Android. I'm just blown away by the reaction. How many people ditched Microsoft when they couldn't get their OS's right? Perhaps RIM just hate the rest of the world, Australia seems to have gotten off scott free. Perhaps they should relocate here under a more stable economy.
    n. pl. sheep

a. A person regarded as timid, weak, or submissive.
    b. One who is easily swayed or led.

Both of which you would fall under.

What am I doing here? Responding to your ludicrous statement that anyone complaining about this is a child throwing a tantrum. Honestly, people like you hurt RIM more than help, it's people like you that give them a false sense of security and accomplishment.
    10-25-11 09:10 PM
486 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD