I don't really have anything new to say. I agree with most of the posts on this thread. I am very disappointed and wrongly had my hopes up that it would at least be this year.

I will go on using my Playbook because I like it, but when someone asks if the should get one I will be hesitant to recommend one anymore.

I think that if RIM was serious on supporting their tablet, they would have already had OS2.0 out already. I don't know what they are doing. Are they just incompetent? It is either incompetence, or they gave up on the tablet. Either way, by the time OS2 comes out the playbook will be outgunned in hardware. Time is crucial in technology, you can't expect to take a huge amount of time on a few basic updates, and do well.

Sell your RIM stock before it goes way south, folks!
    10-25-11 08:14 PM
    Is this seriously comment 170 something? Wow the children have thrown a tantrum! This news hasn't given me reason to question the company or the product. It's run by humans, of course there's going to be stuff ups. My present beef is with a society that allows grown human beings to respond like three year olds when they don't get what they want. I've read all the comments, I agree with the frustrations. When my three year old looks at me and tells me that she doesn't love me because I wont let her watch TV for more than half an hour every three days, it doesn't make me reach for the remote. When she doesn't behave like a feral child (AKA many posters here) that gives me the sense of satisfaction that even though it's been painful, even though I've had to renig on some promises, I've done the right thing. I don't propose to know what RIM are up to, or even if they know what they're doing. I will say this. It's a company, this is a device. I have it now and it works great for me, I'll use it and be appreciative of the things that come out when they come out. Many posters have said that it's the end for them, but don't get your knickers in a twist because your angst doesn't result in a mass walkout by everyone who might not share your anger. All this has done to me is make me consider giving up on crackberry all the more. No water before bedtime? Excellent, I don't want to wet the bed.
    bayotte and undone like this.
    10-25-11 08:15 PM
    As I said before, all this is still preventable... Too bad they aren't going to do it....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-25-11 08:18 PM
    Is this seriously comment 170 something? Wow the children have thrown a tantrum! This news hasn't given me reason to question the company or the product. It's run by humans, of course there's going to be stuff ups. My present beef is with a society that allows grown human beings to respond like three year olds when they don't get what they want. I've read all the comments, I agree with the frustrations. When my three year old looks at me and tells me that she doesn't love me because I wont let her watch TV for more than half an hour every three days, it doesn't make me reach for the remote. When she doesn't behave like a feral child (AKA many posters here) that gives me the sense of satisfaction that even though it's been painful, even though I've had to renig on some promises, I've done the right thing. I don't propose to know what RIM are up to, or even if they know what they're doing. I will say this. It's a company, this is a device. I have it now and it works great for me, I'll use it and be appreciative of the things that come out when they come out. Many posters have said that it's the end for them, but don't get your knickers in a twist because your angst doesn't result in a mass walkout by everyone who might not share your anger. All this has done to me is make me consider giving up on crackberry all the more. No water before bedtime? Excellent, I don't want to wet the bed.
    youve been here for a couple of months. some of us had seen the demise of this company since 2009 and have been begging and pleading for them to change their ways. the playbook was just the final nail in the coffin for a lot of us. it didnt just start there
    10-25-11 08:18 PM
    I'm glad that RIM decided to "man-up" and put an end to the speculation on when OS2 was going to be released. At least they seem to have adopted the "under-promise and over-deliver" approach, rather than "over-promise and under-deliver" route taken thus far.

I genuinely believe that RIM and Blackberry need a new face to represent the brand. A new ambassador. Mike L. and Jim B. delivered greatness for many years, but the time for change is NOW!

I can understand that RIM won't be getting too much lovin' in the weeks to come, but life goes on people!
    coltam likes this.
    10-25-11 08:19 PM
    So five years after the iPhone was unveiled, the Playbook might have similar abilities, including email and a calendar application. This is a fail.
    rs422a likes this.
    10-25-11 08:21 PM
    youve been here for a couple of months. some of us had seen the demise of this company since 2009 and have been begging and pleading for them to change their ways. the playbook was just the final nail in the coffin for a lot of us. it didnt just start there
    I've been with BB products longer than I've been with crackberry.
    10-25-11 08:22 PM
    I'm glad that RIM decided to "man-up" and put an end to the speculation on when OS2 was going to be released. At least they seem to have adopted the "under-promise and over-deliver" approach, rather than "over-promise and under-deliver" route taken thus far.
    Here's the problem, they broke people's confidence something like 3 different times. Nobody thinks they are going to make the Feb date either... The end of summer was supposed to be an under promise, so was "shortly" after DevCon (that wasn't even a solid release date).
    10-25-11 08:26 PM
    When a company like RIM issues a statement its generally well thought out & vetted all the way to the top. I notice in that statement there wasn't a word about android apps & the app player. Considering how anticipated that feature is I would have expected a mention.

"The software update will add advanced integrated email, calendar and contact apps, a new video store, as well as new functionality that will allow your BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry PlayBook to work together even better."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 08:32 PM
    I just want 2.0 to come out so I can make a true final decision on the PlayBook. Don't get me wrong, I hate on it quite frequently, but it's not the scorned device's fault but rather the company that keeps teasing us.
    10-25-11 08:33 PM
    deathcon was just a front to show crap.....And once again they show their true colors....they made money on all the poor people who paid to make their stocks go high....what tomorrows numbers....and how many employees get cut
    It must blow to have a simple minded consumer-only mindset when it comes to technology. Gimme-the-best! NOW! Please for the love of God chill out. I work in broadcast television and I can tell you that every single product that major manufacturers bring out NEVER works out of the box. And we spend 100 times what you spent on your 'whatever you have'. Recently we purchased 3 cameras at 63,000 dollars each. First we had to pay up front 50%, then we had to wait 5 months for delivery, then we have to wait until December for a software update, then we have to wait until March for an upgrade board. And know what? This is par for the course in professional equipment. You folks are whining like little spoiled kids because your 700 dollar whatever doesn't wipe your **** the right way, and God-forbid, you were promised something by someone and they can't deliver to your liking.

Give it a rest.
    This has made jumping ship so much easier, as of yesterday I had decided on a 9900 as I liked the bridge feature... No More!

As of today another brand has been ordered, it already has the feature you promise and don't deliver!

Bye Bye Rim you've lost the plot!
    10-25-11 08:35 PM
    It must blow to have a simple minded consumer-only mindset when it comes to technology. Gimme-the-best! NOW! Please for the love of God chill out. I work in broadcast television and I can tell you that every single product that major manufacturers bring out NEVER works out of the box. And we spend 100 times what you spent on your 'whatever you have'. Recently we purchased 3 cameras at 63,000 dollars each. First we had to pay up front 50%, then we had to wait 5 months for delivery, then we have to wait until December for a software update, then we have to wait until March for an upgrade board. And know what? This is par for the course in professional equipment. You folks are whining like little spoiled kids because your 700 dollar whatever doesn't wipe your **** the right way, and God-forbid, you were promised something by someone and they can't deliver to your liking.

Give it a rest.
    You're awfully worked up for someone telling others to chill out.
    10-25-11 08:37 PM
    When a company like RIM issues a statement its generally well thought out & vetted all the way to the top. I notice in that statement there wasn't a word about android apps & the app player. Considering how anticipated that feature is I would have expected a mention.

"The software update will add advanced integrated email, calendar and contact apps, a new video store, as well as new functionality that will allow your BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry PlayBook to work together even better."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And there was lots of talk about what is happening in the corporate arena. Not consumer oriented but very important nonetheless.
    10-25-11 08:38 PM
    I don't like negativity.
    10-25-11 08:39 PM
    I bought my PB as soon as it came out, and i knew exactly what it had and didn't have when i bought it.

I never expected a company to release a completely updated OS, less then a year after the device went on sale.

We all knew what we were buying when we bought it, if you wanted something else then the PlayBook wasn't the right tablet for you.

I get plenty of use from my PB, i would love some additional features, but personally i'll just wait. Like i said, my PB doing its intended job.
    Jifffer, Odiamond, rs422a and 1 others like this.
    10-25-11 08:39 PM

Give it a rest.
    Cool story, but not really a good analogy. RIM is competing with firms that have way better products, and RIM enthusiasts have held off buying iPads, iphones, android products in hopes that RIM would produce something comparable. Fact is, they have repeatedly promised improvements, only to retract and promise again. People just don't believe it any more. Some will leave RIM and get other stuff, right?

Lol, chances are you wouldn't by the crappiest cameras would you? you'd probably try to buy the good ones. Buying crappy products is not par for the course when you depend on it. For $63,000 each you'd expect it to function, not just hope that one day...maybe...the company that ALREADY has your money will support it, right?
    10-25-11 08:40 PM
    I bought the PlayBook over the iPad2 mainly because of the features that were originally promised to be coming out at some point over the Summer as well as Blackberry Bridge. Right now, I feel as though RIM doesn't know its' *** from a hole in the ground. The PlayBook has been nothing but a series of delays and missteps that have practically sealed the device's fate. I'm sticking with my RIM products for the time being, but if OS 2.0 doesn't get released in February, I'm likely done with BlackBerry completely. I like my PlayBook, but the delays of promised features is beginning to irritate me.

RIM is going to have to really make it up to those who bought into the PlayBook based on what they were promising only to get kicked in the teeth by them time and time again. No amount of free apps is going to make up for these delays and half-truths coming from Waterloo (Now will the PlayBook be RIM's Waterloo......). Anyone who bought the PlayBook before retailers starting to discount them has every right to feel ripped off at this point

There's no telling how many folks that bought PlayBooks are now regretting that purchase.
    Its funny there are 2 types of posters in this thread. The "Yea, this sucks, I'm disappointed" and the "I'm too cool to be disappointed".
    OHHH my. Checking back in I see most people even on this forum have become rational. We've been duped by RIM and the company is going down! Yet there are still a few kooks who must be zombies or know nothing about tablet technology and what's available out there. The PB is half-baked in terms of functionality. Even on its "strong" suits, like web browsing, it pales badly to Android 3.2, i mean BADLY. I still rooted for our little guy. Maybe 2.0 would change things. Now February? By then I'll be looking at a new breed of Android ICS tabs, Ipad 3 and Windows 8. To tell you the truth, I think this is another RIM suckers play. My guess is nothing comes in February, or even if it does, I could see a brand new PB. Our PB's are likely doomed....even if the new OS works, by February you will see faster processors and just plain better hardware. There will be further market saturation by the Kindle Fire. RIM cannot possibly see things differently. What a waste of money on the PB. I really think there is ground for legal action here based on false advertising, and I'd not be surprised to see it. I'm done venting.
    mickrg123 and FF22 like this.
    You're awfully worked up for someone telling others to chill out.
    I just fly off the handle when I'm angry and someone tells me to be rational. Anger is helthy and needs to be expressed.
    Why is anyone surprised by this? When has RIM in the last several years released anything on time or in a decent time frame? I have defended them, and will still use their phones. But they are lost in the tablet game. Their slogan should be: "Amateur hour began 6 months ago, and will continue in 2012.".

Why would anyone in there right mind by this tablet from now until next Feb? The iPad 3 will be coming out soon then, there will be the Kindle Fire, and from the looks of ice cream sandwich and Honeycomb together, Android might actually be worth looking into. The PB will is and always will be for die hard blackberry fans that are loyal to the brand.
    Last edited by donnation; 10-25-11 at 08:44 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-25-11 08:41 PM
    Why is anyone surprised by this? When has RIM in the last several years released anything on time or in a decen time frame? I have defended them, and will still use their phones. But they are lost in the tablet game. Their slogan should be: "Amateur hour began 6 months ago, and will continue in 2012.".
    There's a big difference between not being on time and what's happened here...
    LewLew23 likes this.
    10-25-11 08:42 PM
    what i understand is a product is made to deliver..and satisfy buyer/customer..if it;s not satisfactory, then it will not sale. the playbook is not selling (well). so logically it is 1. not providing enough satisfaction as a product
    2. not providing best value for customers
    hence it's not selling. minority of pb buyers are here to complain and to support the product ; majority of buyers don't go to forums - desperate, they just re-sale or give it away - and will surely recommend NOT TO BUY the product.
    carriers and retailers are the same - no point stocking product which is not selling. it is now sold at discounts and more likely at lower-class (discount) outlets.
    as i understand from your explanation, only little spoiled kids are whining and buying an incomplete product - like you and your company did big time.
    10-25-11 08:42 PM
486 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD