I show my Playbook to people all the time at work, but when they ask where they can buy one I have to be truthful and inform them that a wait and see approach or an ipad is there best bet. I can't honestly recommend the playbook (which I love) to anyone because I'm not sure the company or the product will be around for much longer. What gets me so angry is that the hardware is so damn good
    10-25-11 07:11 PM
    Nobody's being naive, just trying to bring a bit of humour into this thread. You remind me of a friend that had a "Palm" that boasted he had a choice of hundreds of thousands of apps, but I asked him how many calendars or Pims do you use at a time? Sure choice is great, not trying knock any particular platform. If people wanted so much to run Android apps, go ahead and buy a Samsung etc., people should have did that in the first place!
    I'm not boasting about anything. I have no reason to boast about the iPad, I don't own one and have no vested interest in it. I'm merely correcting your ignorance.
    10-25-11 07:12 PM
    Man you guys really need to write some new material.

Does the iPad have 95 fart apps? I don't know, but I do know that it has 6114 business apps available right now....how many apps of ANY KIND does the PlayToy have?

Ok folks I'll be here all week and that glass thing at
    my foot isn't an ashtray, it's a tip jar, because remember AMATUER HOUR IS OVER!
    I guess Iphone users/owners don't have a sense of humour! Btw, there's 887 fart apps for the Iphone at Apples site.
    10-25-11 07:14 PM
    Awesome!! That should make it four months better than the developer release!!! With four months more developed apps!!
    We don't need no stinking email...there's a browser for that And a phone!

More people will be buying phones to take advantage of all the cool stuff playbook offers!

Best of all those on the fence will fall off the fence and go away and stop complaining!!
    Awesome news Thanks!! Made my day
    Yeah it is great news in fantasy land. An already miserably selling tablet has nothing to offer to compel people to buy it for another 4 months. This is the death of the PlayBook.
    Send Again likes this.
    10-25-11 07:15 PM
    Am I the only not affected by this? I will continue to enjoy my PB. Now only if att would release the damn 9900 lol
    JR A, XtasyX, bpdude and 4 others like this.
    10-25-11 07:15 PM
    Does anyone wonder why this announcement wasn't made by either of the CEOs??
    10-25-11 07:16 PM
    Wake me up when February ends...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 07:16 PM
    Btw, there's 887 fart apps for the Iphone at Apples site.
    When you report all the facts and mention that there are 500,000+ apps in the app store currently, your number of fart apps loses a lot of relevancy.
    10-25-11 07:18 PM
    It won't. Not this time. Look at the comments in this thread from long time supporters. At this point there's nothing they can do or say to restore my confidence. I'll still be around because because between the wife and myself we have two new BlackBerry phones and a tablet and I'm not willing to lose hundreds of dollars selling them now but I can guarantee you that I'll never buy or recommend another RIM product ever again.
    I meant that it will pass in the sense that the sun will definitely rise tomorrow. You can count on some things and not on others. That is life - not always, or even often, smooth sailing.. I'm heavily invested in RIM in terms of sweat equity. I had been preparing myself for QNX phones. I can't afford give up so soon - but the day may come when I have to admit defeat. I'll wait for the new year and see how things look then. I came into this project with eyes wide open and I will leave in the same way if necessary - no regrets.
    grover5 likes this.
    10-25-11 07:18 PM
    I am disappointed by this news...I really am...moreso because RIM continually kicks the can down the road and let's me down in the end. They said by the end of summer and so I patiently waited! Now they are telling me February. WTF RIM!?! I've been a devoted customer for the last 5 years (and 5 devices) but you are testing my patience BIGTIME! How hard is it to give me some of the most basic features that all of their competition is able to provide?!?
    10-25-11 07:19 PM
    My point is that the changes go deeper. It's pure assumption that CEOs are making all these calls. I guarantee you you have senior product managers, VPs, etc etc and this problem is VERY deep.
    I know that CEOs don't make all the calls and the problem goes much deeper. But the current CEOs are the ones who appointed current senior management that is failing so miserably. A new CEO won't come alone. He/she will bring her team over time. Unfortunately, that takes time and I don't think RIM has enough time to pull it off.
    10-25-11 07:20 PM
    Well, I read all the negative posts in this thread. I love my playbook and would prefer it to any other tablet on the market. I also have a significant (at least for me) investment in RIMM stock. So I will wait and see.
    grover5 likes this.
    10-25-11 07:21 PM
    Does the iPad have 95 fart apps? I don't know, but I do know that it has 6114 business apps available right now....how many apps of ANY KIND does the PlayToy have?
    Depends if you count the repackaged public domain books or not.
    10-25-11 07:22 PM
    Well, I read all the negative posts in this thread. I love my playbook and would prefer it to any other tablet on the market. I also have a significant (at least for me) investment in RIMM stock. So I will wait and see.
    It's kind of a separate issue. If you enjoy your PB as is, it works great. Problem is they literally just killed all chances of mass adoption. The window is over according to this plan... Long term this will affect you, no matter what...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-25-11 07:22 PM
    It's time for new CEOs. They at least need a Head of Consumer division; this is just crazy.
    10-25-11 07:23 PM
    How can the Blackberry homers spin this? BGR is spot on again. Rim is too far over it's head in trying to bring new products to market. NO CLUE! Smh!
    10-25-11 07:24 PM
    say what you will about the closed system at apple, but they would have NEVER done this to their loyal customers.

Rim showed us who they really are tonight.
    GSGFlash likes this.
    10-25-11 07:27 PM
    oh and bgr was right. That anonymous letter gets more credible by the second.
    Chrisy, pattste, Rello and 2 others like this.
    10-25-11 07:28 PM
    say what you will about the closed system at apple, but they would have NEVER done this to their loyal customers.

Rim showed us who they really are tonight.
    And that's not to say that Apple (or any company for that matter) is perfect, but man is RIM racking up the empty promises lately.
    10-25-11 07:29 PM
    How can the Blackberry homers spin this? BGR is spot on again. Rim is too far over it's head in trying to bring new products to market. NO CLUE! Smh!
    No need to spin, it will all blow over! First 3 months in 2012 will be interesting!!

In sports we call this a rebuild and you just got to be patient!

GO RIM GO
    8lackberry8 and rcab like this.
    10-25-11 07:32 PM
    owning rim stock is like owning an old ty beanie baby collection. No matter how much longer you hold it no one is gonna want that crap.
    Send Again likes this.
    10-25-11 07:32 PM
    My point is that the changes go deeper. It's pure assumption that CEOs are making all these calls. I guarantee you you have senior product managers, VPs, etc etc and this problem is VERY deep.
    Ok, I agree with your point to some degree. But c'mon, the culture and spirit of the firm START FROM THE TOP. Example? Pretty fresh to everyone - STEVE JOBS. Yes, he had smart people under him, but honestly, do you think Apple would of done nearly as well WITHOUT him? NO.

The buck stops here. Jim and Mike have had their time. They have been dominated by Apple and Droid. They fail to inspire a firm that innovates and stays competitive and ahead of the curve. They continue to entrench themselves in the Company and maintain power - they are the Co-CEOs and Co-head of the board of directors for Christ sake!

I am not at all surprised that RIM shareholders (and perhaps all canadians) want these two gone. Yes, you can't blame the whole demise of the Company on them. But look at Stevie Jobs - he, himself, willed Apple and all it's employees to be great. That's what good leaders do, corporate or not. With Steve, you can see how powerful great leadership can be. RIM does not have this.
    10-25-11 07:34 PM
    Blaming the CEO's almost sounds to me like saying Jobs was a genius. Neither of them make sense. These guys stand at the top... it's the thousands of workers under them that invent and produce the end product. I don't blame the CEO's I blame a few layers down... all the project managers and there bosses... programmers? The programmers were given an awesome piece of hardware and they blew it... and are blowing it everyday... right now... today. Why does everyone blame the dumb *** upstairs who doesn't know where ctrl+alt+delete is?
    10-25-11 07:34 PM
    because remember AMATUER HOUR IS OVER!
    *amateur... and the much hyped ipad autocorrect didn't catch that?
    8lackberry8 and dodger_moore like this.
    10-25-11 07:35 PM
    Why does everyone blame the dumb *** upstairs who doesn't know where ctrl+alt+delete is?
    Easy, people blame them because they're the public face of the company, and because they're the ones delivering all of the promises.
    10-25-11 07:35 PM
486 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD