I had read ALL and each one of the post completely... I can just say.... On top of the OUTAGE .... RIM Now is loosing more and more customers .... and you know what happen with companies with decisions and problems like this....

Once the plague spreads .. Everyone leaves the place .... (Translated, friend of a friend, and everyone will start buying/adopting other platforms)

*cough* $100 fire sale playbook coming *cough*
    Last edited by thegoodboy66; 10-25-11 at 06:52 PM.
    10-25-11 06:46 PM
    Don't need OS2 or Android, I need OS1 to do some very basic functions. How about an update for OS1. What a bunch of jack a**es up in Waterloo. I am 4 days outside of my return window but I still want my money back.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-25-11 06:46 PM
    Wow. Just unbelievable. I have to say, I am surprised. I had predicted that customers would have this by the holidays. So sad
    10-25-11 06:47 PM
    Sigh...I think that's it for me guys; the playbook will be my last RIM product for the foreseeable future. I think I will have to go over to the dark side...the iphone..can't believe i said it . Can i really spend more money with theses guys???
    10-25-11 06:47 PM
    Sigh...I think that's it for me guys; the playbook will be my last RIM product for the foreseeable future. I think I will have to go over to the dark side...the iphone..can't believe i said it . Can i really spend more money with theses guys???
    Meh... I'm still not a big fan of the iPhone to be honest. I'm definitely switching to either Windows Phone or Android.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-25-11 06:49 PM
    Ok. I'll continue to enjoy my Playbook with the current OS.
    Last edited by elchavodellethbridge; 10-25-11 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-25-11 06:49 PM
    SAD.....just plain SAD. I'm very disappointed in RIM.....AGAIN!!!
    10-25-11 06:51 PM
    The fact that people are still holding on to their pathetic "fart apps" argument is stupid. The iPad has a robust offering of apps, both entertainment, productivity, and offerings far beyond that as well. Quit being so naive.
    Nobody's being naive, just trying to bring a bit of humour into this thread. You remind me of a friend that had a "Palm" that boasted he had a choice of hundreds of thousands of apps, but I asked him how many calendars or Pims do you use at a time? Sure choice is great, not trying knock any particular platform. If people wanted so much to run Android apps, go ahead and buy a Samsung etc., people should have did that in the first place!
    10-25-11 06:52 PM
    It seems that RIM has become completely unable to produce code. I can't even imagine the chaos that must be going on in there. The fact that they have been completely unable to start picking off, one by one, even the smallest of deficiencies - like stereo bluetooth, spell check, ..etc.. you know the drill - says quite a lot to me about the complete dysfunction of the software side of their operations. I loaded OS2 developer preview. It scared me to see how glitchy and unpolished it was at this late date. I thought to myself they must be hiding the goods for some reason. Now I'm afraid that is actually as far as they have gotten. Wow.
    10-25-11 06:53 PM
    Crackberry as a business and a domain should be worried about this news. As everyone jumps ship they go to sites that deal with there new devices and search for help and knowledge there. The more RIM digs a bigger hole... the more Crackberry goes down with it. Sorry to say it but it's true. Crackberry has been a top of the line site for years and has the potential to pull through... I just say... good luck!
    void11 and anon(4018671) like this.
    10-25-11 06:55 PM
    They only communicated the update because BGR beat them to it. I don't give them any credit.
    +1. They were just gonna let us continue to dangle as long as they could get away with it. So February is "thereafter." At least they didn't lie. Nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 06:56 PM
    Really frustrated to see this news.. All i want are the basics.. The playbook is a super solid tablet and emails, spell check, and a calendar would make it a more efficient device.. How hard would it be for them to release the basics?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-25-11 06:56 PM
    Kudos to them for biting the bullet and making the announcement. That's about the only positive I can give them. Buying the PB almost 2 months ago renewed some of my lost interest in RIM and their products but now that's pretty much lost again. I had been on the fence about replacing my 9700 with the 9900 but now I'm back to waiting until work starts supporting other smartphones.
    10-25-11 06:57 PM
    disappointing yes, not the end of the world, it is a playbook, how many did RIM sell? less than a mln, so really by far most RIM customers are unaffected by this...take it easy, just a little bump in the road
    10-25-11 06:58 PM
    RIM = Rest In Misery !!! Just a little dark humour for the 2 co-clowns.
    10-25-11 06:59 PM
    Crackberry as a business and a domain should be worried about this news. As everyone jumps ship they go to sites that deal with there new devices and search for help and knowledge there. The more RIM digs a bigger hole... the more Crackberry goes down with it. Sorry to say it but it's true. Crackberry has been a top of the line site for years and has the potential to pull through... I just say... good luck!
    The OS7 phones are great. I don't think the Tablet failure will change that.
    clowrym likes this.
    10-25-11 07:00 PM
    Wonder if we all get paid for beta testing the playbook since day one??
    If they get fired the company will just be more likely to collapse in general.

People automatically assume that firing the ceos will automatically fix the situation. In the middle of a failing transition (so far), it will only make things more likely to fail... You don't impeach your president when there's already no consumer confidence to begin with...
    I disagree. By not firing them, they will continue to make things worse. Of course, you need somebody who's credible to take over. Look at HP. They fired the moronic CEO and brought in someone with impeccable credentials. It won't magically fix all of their problems but it will at least restore some confidence in the company. RIM needs to do the same and they need to do it now. Balsilie in particular must resign or be fired.
    mattbladen likes this.
    I disagree. By not firing them, they will continue to make things worse. Of course, you need somebody who's credible to take over. Look at HP. They fired the moronic CEO and brought in someone with impeccable credentials. It won't magically fix all of their problems but it will at least restore some confidence in the company. RIM needs to do the same and they need to do it now. Balsilie in particular must resign or be fired.
    My point is that the changes go deeper. It's pure assumption that CEOs are making all these calls. I guarantee you you have senior product managers, VPs, etc etc and this problem is VERY deep.
    Chrisy and peter9477 like this.
    10-25-11 07:02 PM
    The fact that people are still holding on to their pathetic "fart apps" argument is stupid. The iPad has a robust offering of apps, both entertainment, productivity, and offerings far beyond that as well. Quit being so naive.
    Didn't realize Iphone users/owners don't have a sense of humour.
    10-25-11 07:02 PM
    I have nothing to add. This too shall pass... or will it?
    It won't. Not this time. Look at the comments in this thread from long time supporters. At this point there's nothing they can do or say to restore my confidence. I'll still be around because because between the wife and myself we have two new BlackBerry phones and a tablet and I'm not willing to lose hundreds of dollars selling them now but I can guarantee you that I'll never buy or recommend another RIM product ever again.
    10-25-11 07:04 PM
    Oh well, maybe by then the Playbook will have 95 fart apps just like the ipad!
    Man you guys really need to write some new material.

Does the iPad have 95 fart apps? I don't know, but I do know that it has 6114 business apps available right now....how many apps of ANY KIND does the PlayToy have?

Ok folks I'll be here all week and that glass thing at
    my foot isn't an ashtray, it's a tip jar, because remember AMATUER HOUR IS OVER!
    10-25-11 07:04 PM
    It seems that RIM has become completely unable to produce code. I can't even imagine the chaos that must be going on in there. The fact that they have been completely unable to start picking off, one by one, even the smallest of deficiencies - like stereo bluetooth, spell check, ..etc.. you know the drill - says quite a lot to me about the complete dysfunction of the software side of their operations. I loaded OS2 developer preview. It scared me to see how glitchy and unpolished it was at this late date. I thought to myself they must be hiding the goods for some reason. Now I'm afraid that is actually as far as they have gotten. Wow.
    As I've been saying all along, they spent far too much time trying to figure out how to get the new QNX OS to interact with BIS. They first tried using the Java PIM apps from their phones running through an emulator which is just about the most hack way I could possibly imagine to do it. This is what they showed off at Blackberry World, and it was unsurprisingly very slow in the demos they offered. It probably took weeks after Blackberry World until they realized a Java emulator was evidently a stupid idea, and they've presumably been writing native code ever since. Not to mention they've been spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to get their Android player to work, which will go down as one of the biggest blunders a major tech company has ever made.
    10-25-11 07:05 PM
    The OS7 phones are great. I don't think the Tablet failure will change that.
    I agree 100% on that... the new phones are great. But all the promises of BBX and new phones in the future may fair the same end result of the PB. Promises...Promises... Promises. How long does everyone have to wait to catch up to simple things everyone else has. The end result of this is people get sick of waiting and move on to other things. Sorry to say it but OS 8.X on new devices are a long wait away. How many long time BB users are going to wait around? This news today stands as a simple reminder to not just Tablet users but Smartphone users.
    10-25-11 07:08 PM
    Very disappointed with that news. Was really looking forward to a release. By the time that happens much better tabs will be out. Pretty shocked actually. No wonder investors are leaving. Nice sharp decline in the stock tomorrow. Kinda pathetic and I'm pretty pissed I wasted some cash on a web browser.
    Last edited by DX9; 10-25-11 at 07:11 PM.
    10-25-11 07:08 PM
486 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD