Well I wish I could hate with you all being that I am more of an apple fan in general, but I love my 4 playbooks. I have 2 ipads with tons of apps I don't use. Sorry for ya. I will agree that RIM is in need of leadership at this time.
    grover5 likes this.
    10-25-11 06:28 PM
    I have nothing to add. This too shall pass... or will it?
    For the love of god please make the decision for your future and move to a different platform. Android, iOS, Windows Phone... anything but RIM... you don't owe RIM anything.
    10-25-11 06:28 PM
    I use my Playbook everyday. My 9700 does the job everyday but it's been time for a change for awhile. I've been with BB for over 6 years now and a lot of things I want to carry around in my pocket are going to other bigger and better things. I didn't even need this news today to tell me it's time to leave my BB behind.

Samsung Nexus Prime here I come... shortly after I will pick up the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7. Do you want to know why? Well both devices can control my TV when I walk into the house. My new Galaxy tab will be better than any universal remote money can buy. The Nexus in my pocket will also control the TV, play Netflix on the road... and Skype the **** out of all friends among thousands of other options.

Why bother waiting for more broken promises. I was ready to leave months ago... now I'm gone. I've enjoyed and worked the **** out of every BB device I have owned. Thanks guys... it's been nice knowing you. It's not me... it's you.
    zzzdamian likes this.
    10-25-11 06:31 PM
    Definitely glad I held off getting a PlayBook Last week. Not getting one any time soon. Pricing laptops now. Maybe iPad or Galaxy.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-25-11 at 06:43 PM.
    10-25-11 06:33 PM
    While I am happy to see some official announcement made regarding a timeline, I am tremendously disappointed and let down by this delay! It seems as though the delays continuously get delayed and the catch-up game never stops. I have been anticipating the playbook since the first rumour of its existence and I was among the first to pick one up in stores on release day, so I feel like I have had this thing over a year now. I want it to succeed so badly but it just keeps striking out. I can only hope that they plan a huge event in February where they plan on officially releasing BBX for playbook/phones and a solid release date for their first BBX phone. I think RIM has really lost all credibility but maybe if their cards are played right they can bust out and steal the spotlight! BIG MAYBE : (

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dave1701 likes this.
    10-25-11 06:34 PM
    *sigh* Well, don't know what to say....

Let us Pray...
    10-25-11 06:34 PM
    for the lack of a better word, i will say this is just pathetic.... i am not sure whether i should feel sorry for RIM or be ******* pissed at these jackasses...... sure the words are bleeped...... for once let them be seen, RIM deserves no less.
    10-25-11 06:35 PM
    Absolutely unacceptable. If they deliver in February (which I don't see how we could believe any more than other dates they've thrown around in the past), it will have been 10 months since the release of the PlayBook. Only then will we get the features that were promised at launch and by then half of the tablet's lifecycle will be behind us and more powerful, better tablets will already be on the market. This was bait and switch, pure and simple. Unacceptable. I bought my PlayBook used for half price back in July and bought a 9900 when they came out (at full price - no contract). I now regret both purchases and will never recommend or buy a BlackBerry product again. I don't support companies that **** with me.
    10-25-11 06:35 PM
    I know the news is disappointing to us early adopters, but it's a double-edged sword for RIM. They either release 2.0 soon and face the criticism of another unfinished product or they work a little longer and a little harder and get it right - and upsetting the early adopters and hardcore RIM fans in the process.

As much as I would like to see 2.0 I think I would rather have RIM get it right. I am pretty satisfied with the Playbook as it stands now and hopefully the 2.0 release will generate a positive wave for the release of the new super smartphone.

Of course I am the eternal optimist for this company, so we'll see how that goes.
    10-25-11 06:37 PM
    RIM = what a bunch of losers.

I suspect their competitors are laughing it up right now. Competing with RIM really is like shooting fish in a barrel.
    buwee likes this.
    10-25-11 06:38 PM
    How can a company seriously have so many miss steps in a row. What is going on in that company?!?!?!?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So it goes...
    Absolutely unacceptable. If they deliver in February (which I don't see how we could believe any more than other dates they've thrown around in the past), it will have been 10 months since the release of the PlayBook. Only then will we get the features that were promised at launch and by then half of the tablet's lifecycle will be behind us and more powerful, better tablets will already be on the market. This was bait and switch, pure and simple. Unacceptable. I bought my PlayBook used for half price back in July and bought a 9900 when they came out (at full price - no contract). I now regret both purchases and will never recommend or buy a BlackBerry product again. I don't support companies that **** with me.
    As a buyer of 5 blackberry phones and 1 blackberry tablet (the 64gb model no less), I promise to never again buy one of their products. In addition, I promise on my life to persuade anyone I know that's even remotely considering buying a Blackberry to look at a different platform. RIM has not only let me down but they've made me completely despise them as a company.
    10-25-11 06:40 PM
    What does BBX really stand for... But But we will have it in X amount of months! Say good night Irene... "Good Night Irene"!
    10-25-11 06:40 PM
    Thank you RIM for posting this update.

It may not be palatable, but the important point is that you've communicated a timeline and the efforts that you are making to make V2 a valuable upgrade.
    They only communicated the update because BGR beat them to it. I don't give them any credit.
    10-25-11 06:41 PM
    Sigh, canceled my 9810 order. RIM stop punishing the BB customerbase the hardest out of everyone!
    10-25-11 06:42 PM
    Oh well ..... I guess this makes it official. Update will be nice whenever it comes out. In the meantime .....pretty much like the rest of you .....I'll still continue to enjoy this great little tablet .....update or not. Still a great purchase even at these prices.
    gordongr and 8lackberry8 like this.
    This company is a joke. I really thought RIM was going to turn things around, but its not going to happen. Please someone tell me how it takes over a year to get an email application and spell check on a tablet. This is supposed to be a business tablet??
    Sigh, canceled my 9810 order. RIM stop punishing the BB customerbase the hardest out of everyone!
    They've been doing this for years to their customers. It's just taken some people longer to realize how truly mismanaged RIM is.
    Well I wish I could hate with you all being that I am more of an apple fan in general, but I love my 4 playbooks. I have 2 ipads with tons of apps I don't use. Sorry for ya. I will agree that RIM is in need of leadership at this time.
    I love mine as well, but I can see past that, this product is never going to take off and be as good as it could be, we're never going to have the big time apps because no one is buying it, this update could of helped immensely, yet here we go again, another blown opportunity. I use mine everyday, and so what, if the sales are not there, the apps will never be there, and that's what I want, I wanted this thing to be big, I wanted to be able to get the apps other tablets have, but now it's never going to happen.
    Jifffer, pattste and Vidge like this.
    10-25-11 06:43 PM
    This company is a joke. I really thought RIM was going to turn things around, but its not going to happen. Please someone tell me how it takes over a year to get an email application and spell check on a tablet. This is supposed to be a business tablet??
    It does when you lump it into BES,BBM,a whole brand new OS iteration, etc, etc etc.... The single worst part of this whole entire thing is the fact they are lumping all these changes into one thing...
    10-25-11 06:43 PM
    ..... The train has left the station. What a shame for such a solid piece of hardware.....
    Agreed! The hardware on the Playbook is superb and RIM has seen fit to kill it since day one.

Might as well put Mike & Jim in a room for a month, have them make a beautiful, high-end model airplane, then let them smash it in front of everyone. It would save a lot of time.
    fatherslot likes this.
    10-25-11 06:44 PM
    I need a drink... Meet you all at the bar
    Just received an email showing the PB with OS2.
    Attached Thumbnails No longer a rumour.... OS 2.0 coming February 2012-e6e2_etchasketch_ipad_case.jpg  
    They only communicated the update because BGR beat them to it. I don't give them any credit.
    They obviously also waited for the stock markets to close for the day, as if they aren't going to get pounded tomorrow. In the coming weeks they'll probably slip into easy acquisition territory.
    10-25-11 06:45 PM
486 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD