Oh well, maybe by then the Playbook will have 95 fart apps just like the ipad!
    mz. yaya and dave1701 like this.
    10-25-11 06:07 PM
    Dare to guess as to whether we see any updates (besides Flash or Air) to either OS1 or OS2 between now and Feb, or is this as good as it gets for the next 4 months????? Unbelievable.......
    10-25-11 06:09 PM
    What an unmitigated disaster. From the beginning to the end (is near). This should have coincided with what's his name's Prediction of the End of the World and the sublimation or transfiguration or whatever.

They have totally blown it and I can only anticipate that the next four months will be followed by another 4 or the end of the pb.

A non-techie (but market follower) asked me about rim on the drive back from today's hike - he noted that he keeps reading negative forecasts and was I going to stick with Blackberry. My answer was ah.......................................
    10-25-11 06:10 PM
    Quite disappointing.

Combined with the lack of a phone with WiFi calling, I may just have to give up on RIM.
    10-25-11 06:11 PM
    Stick a fork in it. 10 months will of passed since release, 10 MONTHS!!, what in the name of holy **** were they doing for 10 months?.... I really don't get it, This is hilarious and pathetically sad at the same time. I was so looking forward to the update and the "re-launch" and more people going for a playbook. I'm just beyond embarrassed now.
    10-25-11 06:11 PM
    Awesome!! That should make it four months better than the developer release!!! With four months more developed apps!!
    We don't need no stinking email...there's a browser for that And a phone!

More people will be buying phones to take advantage of all the cool stuff playbook offers!

Best of all those on the fence will fall off the fence and go away and stop complaining!!
    Awesome news Thanks!! Made my day
    And with that I think you've proved you're clinically insane.
    10-25-11 06:12 PM
    Oh, and fanboys, Jim Jones has some more koolaid to drink - bottoms up!
    Chrisy and JBenn911 like this.
    10-25-11 06:13 PM
    If nothing was going to happen for this long they might as well have just improved BB7. I guarantee BB7 is outselling the PB and it would translate directly to BBX sales later on...

(also bb7 already has all necessary features basically, while the PB does not)
    10-25-11 06:14 PM
    32gb pb new condition. hardly used. rim, what a huge disappointment.
    10-25-11 06:15 PM
    lol, I don't think anyone is surprised by this. Oh well...for me, this was their last chance at credibility, but they blew it. Those bozo CEO's continue to lie to the customers and use up what little good will they have generated in the past. I don't believe they will make the Feb deadline, and based upon this I can't ever see myself buying a RIM product again, phone or otherwise.

Lets face it, these guys got in over their heads, its time to be bought out and move on.
    10-25-11 06:17 PM
    Oh well, maybe by then the Playbook will have 95 fart apps just like the ipad!
    The fact that people are still holding on to their pathetic "fart apps" argument is stupid. The iPad has a robust offering of apps, both entertainment, productivity, and offerings far beyond that as well. Quit being so naive.
    10-25-11 06:18 PM
    The stupid part of all this is that it's preventable...

autocorrect + mail client + folder and bookmark organization + minor speed improvements in an incremental update by holiday season, then market.

This idea of theirs to wait on everything is just absolutely stupid....
    avt123, Chrisy, pattste and 9 others like this.
    10-25-11 06:18 PM
    When OS2.0/BBX is out, the competitors would have leapfrogged RIM at least one step ahead. RIM is always falling behind....I'm getting tired of this.
    10-25-11 06:19 PM
    Just wait till the next investor call. Mike and Jimmy will be pummeled! I have a feeling their will be a renewed effort to take away some of their power, if not fire them. Maybe when Jim said they would be leapfrogging the competition he meant they would **** off existing customers more than any other company has done ever. Glad I haven't recommended the Playbook to anyone and told them to wait for the 2.0 update then decide. I just bought a Playbook 16GB to give as a Christmas gift, but I think it will be going back this week even though she has a 9900. I have no belief that RIM will deliver 2.0 in February, they will only deliver a new vague date to miss. Oh well RIM, you have taken Epic Fail to a whole new level.
    10-25-11 06:19 PM
    I spent the afternoon today in a meeting held by a federal agency that focused on developing new apps for Apple and Android tablets and smartphones. There was not a mention of the PlayBook or BlackBerry phones. The train has left the station. What a shame for such a solid piece of hardware and for a company that has a virtual monopoly on the communications devices supported by the federal government.
    10-25-11 06:20 PM
    If they get fired the company will just be more likely to collapse in general.

People automatically assume that firing the ceos will automatically fix the situation. In the middle of a failing transition (so far), it will only make things more likely to fail... You don't impeach your president when there's already no consumer confidence to begin with...
    peter9477 likes this.
    Disappointing for the future of RIM.....but

any chance that the "closed beta releases" will turn into leaked betas that we can install? Or is RIM likely to keep that locked down?
    lol at this rate playbook 2 will be out before os2.0
    Jonathan-Archer likes this.
    10-25-11 06:21 PM
    What a major disappointment.

My current phone contract is up in a few weeks and I was planning on waiting for the QNX phones, but if PB OS2 is being delayed until Feb I'm afraid to think when we'll see the QNX phones.
    10-25-11 06:24 PM
    I have nothing to add. This too shall pass... or will it?
    If they get fired the company will just be more likely to collapse in general.

People automatically assume that firing the ceos will automatically fix the situation. In the middle of a failing transition (so far), it will only make things more likely to fail... You don't impeach your president when there's already no consumer confidence to begin with...
    They should have been fired at the last shareholder's meeting. Between then and now a huge amount of change could have been made. It's simply been a complete mess and thing have gotten worse and worse.

You even posted up above that it's stupid they cant just incrementally release different features and I agree with you. Why does it all have to be released at once in some stupid 2.0 version that doesn't have BBM? This is the kind of call that a CEO makes.
    Remember, RIM was prompted/pushed into making this statement. Someone leaked it forcing RIMs hand.

It's not like they just announced this on their own.

I agree that after running this beta, if this is what they have they need to wait.

That being said it is not good news once again. RIM has a very critical issue of not being able to get software set and ready. They have the hardware but the software/backend is lagging far behind.

When you look at the total time invested thus far in the PB OS you wonder if RIM is able to make this happen at all.

Like I said, could be a long and cold Winter in Waterloo.

Tim

Ps, Incremental OS updates would of been the way to go.
    1. Get the basics.
    2. Add the extras and glitter.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    kbz1960 likes this.
    And if that happen, RIM should give us, the already owner, a trade in or a gift card for around $100, actually, $200, because this big dissapointment.
    10-25-11 06:26 PM
    I'd be incredibly surprised at this point if we ever see a PlayBook 2.
    10-25-11 06:27 PM
    They should have been fired at the last shareholder's meeting. Between then and now a huge amount of change could have been made. It's simply been a complete mess and thing have gotten worse and worse.

You even posted up above that it's stupid they cant just incrementally release different features and I agree with you. Why does it all have to be released at once in some stupid 2.0 version that doesn't have BBM? This is the kind of call that a CEO makes.
    To be fair, it's not just the CEO. There are tons of other VPs making this kind of a call and likely lobbying suggestions to the ceo's. CEOs are just target-able because they are the public face.

But it's too late to do anything about this now...
    10-25-11 06:28 PM
486 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD