TBH, I have no confidence that we'll see 2.1 in September either. And the closer it gets to the end of the year, and the expectation of imminent BB10 for PB grows, there is less and less reason to release 2.1 at all.
    I am thinking the same thing. Especially when u hear that rim canceled all vacations and are making their programmers work 7 days a week until bb10 is finished... I bet they aren't even working on 2.x at all anymore.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 08-13-12 at 11:41 AM.
    08-13-12 11:36 AM
    I tried a hard reboot. Browser loads ok but if I try a Page (like nasal tv) the Page loads and will start to load the flash and then I get a little snow on the screen and then the Page freezes. I have to close the browser and start over.
    08-13-12 11:43 AM
    I still use my playbook, i will buy a nexus 7 to test Android out, but honestly i will certainly buy an iphone 5 to replace my old worn torch. I just want something new and exciting, and RIM is not providing me any excitement since 6 months.
    And next year I'll get an ipad 4 to replace my old ipad 1. The so called new ipad is a total failure for me : heavier, thicker, getting hot. I am sure Jobs would have blocked releasing such a mistake ....
    08-13-12 03:24 PM
    <sigh> only the 13th August, and we're already writing the month off. Sadly, I agree with you.

I really believed that RIM would push to get a new update out after the 668 fiasco, maybe even (whisper it!) 2.1 to placate the crowd. Guess I'll be disappointed once again.

TBH, I have no confidence that we'll see 2.1 in September either. And the closer it gets to the end of the year, and the expectation of imminent BB10 for PB grows, there is less and less reason to release 2.1 at all.
    I don't believe for a minute that you will be disappointed again. You never expected it anyway!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-13-12 04:12 PM
    Bla1ze tweeted that they're up to 2.1.0.856 internally.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    08-13-12 11:14 PM
    Nice but does that give us any better idea for a release date?
    08-13-12 11:21 PM
    You'd figure they would put it out before it got to 2.1.1.xxx. But that's just a guess
    08-13-12 11:32 PM
    You'd figure they would put it out before it got to 2.1.1.xxx. But that's just a guess
    There's nothing stopping them from going to 4 digits in the last column as early versions of OS 1.0 had four digit numbers.
    08-13-12 11:47 PM
    I don't believe for a minute that you will be disappointed again. You never expected it anyway!
    I reckon you're right actually.

With every passing month day, my sense of expectation for 2.1 lessens.

I now seriously doubt that I'll ever see 2.1 on my PB because I believe that it's very much on the back-burner of the RIM stove as all their cooks are busily adding spice to the BB10 pot.

RIM undoubtedly has their priorities right. BB10 is beyond vital in defining their future - and getting OS2.1 out for the PB is pretty much an irrelevance set against that.

I see continued disappointment in my future LOL
    Last edited by JeepBB; 08-14-12 at 01:24 AM.
    08-14-12 01:08 AM
    i have 2.1 beta running, its better than 2.0 but it has its flaws and you feel its beta or even alpha is some parts.

I know they have to concentrate on bb10 but i feel a bit let down with the lack of real updates for the products i bought. But well when will we see bb10 (not beta) on the playbook? i guess not before April 2012... if im stuck on 2.1 beta until that i dont know if i will keep the playbook...
    08-14-12 04:36 AM
    "@MichaelClewley: New PlayBook OS 2.1.0 beta available now! Register your PlayBook to receive the update! https://t.co/JawFLYE8" for those interested, posted on twitter about 20 min ago.
    08-14-12 08:36 AM
    nice
    10char
    08-14-12 09:01 AM
    Double Post.

Nothing to see...
    Last edited by JeepBB; 08-14-12 at 09:35 AM.
    08-14-12 09:09 AM
    I have a feeling that nobody really knows when the official 2.1 is going to be released. I dealt with both the software guys and the management that I had to move my case upper level too when the first tier repair guys couldnt fix my Playbook.

In both cases, the first tier guys thought 2.1 would be released last week, and the upper management guy who placed my return thought 2.1 was already out.

I know that the world doesnt revolve around my need for an OS update (although I am desperate for anything that will fix my problem), but I would at least expect the upper management to know about current OS availability if they were planning on sending me to them to get my Playbook problems dealt with. Pretty disappointed with the lack of transparency in the company. If they didn't know they should just say it. And if they did know but couldnt tell me then they should just say that. And if they think they know and it was wrong? Thats just disappointing.

Before everyone gets in a hoo ha about me being pissed about an OS update, it took almost three hours of calling and two days of phone tag to get my Playbook diagnosed for a return to vendor. And my Playbook both drains its battery non stop and can't password lock so I can't bring it anywhere because of confidential information.

ARGH! Rant done.

But as an aside, the RIM people genuinely seemed to want to help, so that was nice. I really want the company to do well, I'm just not really sure how cohesive their team seems to be.
    08-14-12 10:11 AM
    I guess the issue here is comunication, or the lack of it. RIM need to improve when and how to announce their products (either software or hardware).
    08-14-12 10:40 AM

I know they have to concentrate on bb10 but i feel a bit let down with the lack of real updates for the products i bought.
    Feeling the same way. I understand the push for BB10, but unless we're willing to test drive the beta, we're just hanging around, some with the .668 update that has caused them problems (& their choice is to deal with it or downgrade and reload all their stuff...which is ridiculous IMO). I love my pb & my 9930 but am really starting to lose my patience with RIM.
    08-14-12 12:28 PM
    Feeling the same way. I understand the push for BB10, but unless we're willing to test drive the beta, we're just hanging around, some with the .668 update that has caused them problems (& their choice is to deal with it or downgrade and reload all their stuff...which is ridiculous IMO). I love my pb & my 9930 but am really starting to lose my patience with RIM.
    I'm with you
    08-14-12 01:07 PM
    I am done being a beta tester, staying on official as this does not add anything that i need, but i proves one thing - 2.1 was nowhere near finished when we all expected the release a while ago.
    08-14-12 01:51 PM
    Anyone else noticed that the windows when minimized are now slightly bigger?

I've also noticed a change in the transitions in both the picture and video app.
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 08-14-12 at 02:34 PM.
    08-14-12 02:03 PM
    I am done being a beta tester, staying on official as this does not add anything that i need, but i proves one thing - 2.1 was nowhere near finished when we all expected the release a while ago.
    Sad but true... RIM just doesn't seem to.follow through on its word. Thorsten was our hope since dumb and dumber left the captain's chairs, and he knew enough to admit that one of RIM's problems was in execution... Enough to make that a priority for RIM, not just planning and announcing but delivering... low and behold, I fear his reputation is rapidly tarnishing as he is quickly following in the footsteps of his predecessors with delays.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    08-14-12 02:47 PM
    Sad but true... RIM just doesn't seem to.follow through on its word. Thorsten was our hope since dumb and dumber left the captain's chairs, and he knew enough to admit that one of RIM's problems was in execution... Enough to make that a priority for RIM, not just planning and announcing but delivering... low and behold, I fear his reputation is rapidly tarnishing as he is quickly following in the footsteps of his predecessors with delays.
    rim never officially announced release date for 2.1. Also betas have been stable so far. I am yet to experience ANY serious issues

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by bitek; 08-14-12 at 02:56 PM.
    08-14-12 02:53 PM
    This PB is my first and probably last blackberry device. The PB shows promise and it's well constructed. I came from a rooted NC, it received updates constantly. I am afraid that by the time BB10. Comes out my PB will not run it. I am thinking about getting a Nexus 7. I will keep the PB as a desktop media player it is a playbook after all. I really doubt That RIM will bounce back. Most likely BB10 will be like when 2.0 was released a disappointment. I felt that RIM was using me as a beta tester. Just unlock the Bootloader RIM.
    08-14-12 03:03 PM
    Lol its still not out yet? That is funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-14-12 04:01 PM
    Lol its still not out yet? That is funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yeah, absolutely hilarious...
    polytan02 likes this.
    08-14-12 04:12 PM
199 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD