Seems to be a lot less checkerboarding in the browser, both over the Bridge and on WiFi.

I wiped my PlayBook a few days ago, so this update just made my PlayBook even better really thankful it already was.
    12-19-12 03:03 PM
    Mine installed find 37M, installation paused for a bit as others have commented.

No secondary 406/7/8 M update.

This in the UK, 64G WiFi PlayBook.
    Same here.
    12-19-12 03:11 PM
    Interesting... downloaded, installed, restarted... still on 2.1.0.1088... downloaded, installed, restarted... 2.1.0.1314...

37 MB file, no further updates

16 GB PlayBook U.S.
    12-19-12 03:32 PM
    Works fast and smooth, thank you RIM
    12-19-12 04:20 PM
    Okay, after installing this update, my PB has been lagging extremely. Is there anyway I can maybe download the file, flash my PB and perform a fresh install?
    12-19-12 05:04 PM
    well I've been using it now for a few hours and find the browser pretty nippy however some of the sites that I went on to watch football now won't load.

Having said that, my wifi connection tonight has been shocking.

Can't say that I have noticed any chance in battery life, and I never got this second update that people claim to have got. I can only assume this second update could be down to the fact that the update corrupted various files
    12-19-12 05:56 PM
    Anyone got the 405 MB update?
    I got a second 409 MB update. Sure would like to know why only a few of us seemed to get it.
    12-19-12 06:09 PM
    No large update here. Seems snappier but had one total lockup. 3 finger
    12-19-12 06:15 PM
    Okay, after installing this update, my PB has been lagging extremely. Is there anyway I can maybe download the file, flash my PB and perform a fresh install?
    Its called debrick process my brother.
    12-19-12 08:19 PM
    Bridge notifications broken for anyone else? BBM specifically.

On the lighter side, while in BBM and someone from another conversation sends me a message a new slide out with a message appears. Is that new, or just the first time I'm noticing?

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    12-19-12 08:48 PM
    Just got the notification. Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't turned on my PB today.

I really like the photo you're using as your wallpaper, would you happen to have a link for it?
    12-19-12 09:16 PM
    Guys PB update V 2.1.0.1314 change logs
    Includes the following updates for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook:

New BlackBerry� Bridge� features:
    BlackBerry Bridge app for text messages: view, respond and compose SMS messages on the tablet
    Wi-Fi transport: BlackBerry Bridge data is automatically routed over Wi-Fi while the paired PlayBook and BlackBerry smartphone are connected to the same access point over a local area network

New BlackBerry� Runtime for Android� apps features
    Each Android app will run in its own navigator window
    Support for apps that require access to the camera hardware
    Purchase content within Android apps with support for in-app payments

Support for portrait views in Messages, Calendar and Contacts apps: changes the view to the critical information on the screen
    Folder sync and management: specify which folders in an email account using Microsoft� ActiveSync� get synchronised to the tablet
    IMAP folder support: get full access to mail folders for IMAP accounts added to the tablet
    In the Print To Go app, deliver content to the PlayBook while on any Wi-Fi network, even if it's different from the PC you're printing from
    Encryption of personal data: enable full device encryption through Options > Security > Encryption
    OTA (over the air) enrollment with BlackBerry� Mobile Fusion
    For BlackBerry Mobile Fusion administrators:
    New security features, including the ability to enable full device encryption and disable development mode for enterprise-connected PlayBook tablets
    Ability to configure certificate-based authentication for access to work email and PIM via Microsoft ActiveSync
    Source: PlayBook Tablet OS Software & Updates Official Installation Support - India
    12-19-12 09:42 PM
    I'm veryfast in
    12-19-12 09:48 PM
    Guys PB update V 2.1.0.1314 change logs
    Includes the following updates for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook:

New BlackBerry� Bridge� features:
    BlackBerry Bridge app for text messages: view, respond and compose SMS messages on the tablet
    Wi-Fi transport: BlackBerry Bridge data is automatically routed over Wi-Fi while the paired PlayBook and BlackBerry smartphone are connected to the same access point over a local area network

New BlackBerry� Runtime for Android� apps features
    Each Android app will run in its own navigator window
    Support for apps that require access to the camera hardware
    Purchase content within Android apps with support for in-app payments

Support for portrait views in Messages, Calendar and Contacts apps: changes the view to the critical information on the screen
    Folder sync and management: specify which folders in an email account using Microsoft� ActiveSync� get synchronised to the tablet
    IMAP folder support: get full access to mail folders for IMAP accounts added to the tablet
    In the Print To Go app, deliver content to the PlayBook while on any Wi-Fi network, even if it's different from the PC you're printing from
    Encryption of personal data: enable full device encryption through Options > Security > Encryption
    OTA (over the air) enrollment with BlackBerry� Mobile Fusion
    For BlackBerry Mobile Fusion administrators:
    New security features, including the ability to enable full device encryption and disable development mode for enterprise-connected PlayBook tablets
    Ability to configure certificate-based authentication for access to work email and PIM via Microsoft ActiveSync
    Source: PlayBook Tablet OS Software & Updates Official Installation Support - India
    That sounds like a 2.1 log. Not specifically for this release.

12-19-12 10:25 PM
    First off greetings and salutations and hai...been buzzy around the forum for a week now. sinze I traded a old failing second latop for my playbook, nice carry case, screen protector and generic mini keyboard, and wanted to sign uptonight to add my comments here (you unlucky people)

I have been running the update now for a few hours with a generic mini bluetooth keyboard and the wifi on, I have notice a huge difference in the fact that the bottom of the play book (near the usb, hdmi and dock connectors) do not get warm like they used too (which is aces as. I love my need for speed gaming). I have also noticed the apps seem to open and close quicker the same with rebooting or starting up (insted of 2 minutes I am down to 1min 50 seconds woohoo!) so I have to wonder if this update was more for the processor then anything?

Second and I do not want to ignite the whole bb10 fire (as I have been reading in other threads), but have people looked at their version number once the second download was done for any slight difference in version number? Could it be they have the LTE4 version of playbook and did not know it?

To play devils advocate (ok I lied when I said I woul dgo there) but could not blackberry pick at random a comletely new ios update (say ios 2.2 or 2.3) and send it out to random people to see what they think about it?

Either/Or this has been my 0.003 cents worth from the peanut gallery
    12-19-12 11:34 PM
    That sounds like a 2.1 log. Not specifically for this release.

yeah,,, i was thinkin' that...
    12-20-12 12:12 AM
    my update went quickly, seamless with no issues,,, i did a wipe then went w/ the OTA,,, not much time spent evaluating it yet but it does seem snappier all around & even CRACKBERRY LOADS & SCROLLS W/ NO CHECKERBOARDING!!! sign in still takes forever tho,,, noticed a small visual change to homescreen folders,,, they now have a corner w/ a kind of leather desk blotter look,,, locked native wallpapers are gone & i'm ok w/ that,,, i always ditch them,,, battery seems better but i need to spend some time gaming to be sure,,, so far so good overall...
    p.s. when doing hard restart you just have to HOLD THE VOLUME BUTTON ONLY for 10+ secs,,, it is unecessary to hold vol +/- as per RIM support,,, i'd read several different ways to do this in this forum & wanted to clear it up,,, that 3 button thing is rediculous...
    12-20-12 12:17 AM
    I haven't updated yet.
    12-20-12 01:01 AM
    Only got the 37mb update nothing followed... PB64g here in Saudi Arabia
    12-20-12 01:56 AM
    updated. smooth sailing for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-20-12 02:13 AM
    Anyone have the logs for this one yet? Seems like every time there is a new download, people state..."My browser seems more snappy!". Not saying this isn't possible, and PlayBook owners aren't getting this result, but I usually just see the new features and not notice much of a difference on my Browser. Last time I noticed much difference was the 2.0 when it finally stopped freezing and shutting down. My browser has been pretty decent ever since.
    12-20-12 02:44 AM
    I'm wondering if the additional update was for those people who couldn't get in app purchases to work? I got the 37mb one, but I have never had a problem with in app purchases.
    12-20-12 06:38 AM
    I just updated... Apple iCloud web page seems to work better! (although it is still slow and some of the buttons don't recognise mouse clicks on the playbook).
    12-20-12 08:47 AM
    I noticed a difference.

The red notification LED is much dimmer. Before it would light up my room at night but now it is just a faint red light.It's much better
    12-20-12 09:33 AM
    WOW! Yahoo Carddav actually works now! i had resigned to not having this....but just tried adding my yahoo contacts and it worked.
    12-20-12 10:38 AM
76 1234