Well, this morning, neither the messages or calendar application will open properly. I have done two reboots to no avail. So I guess it is time for another "restore from backup." Great. This will be the second time in a month. I am feeling more and more that the Playbook software is very unstable/fragile. Do Android tablets also have these OS issues? Here's hoping I can get a backup to load properly... Frustrating. Off to use a 13 year old Powerbook to check my mail etc...
    07-22-13 07:55 AM
    Try something different. I never have these issues. I have reinstalled the OS a couple times to "freshen up" but not out of necessity. Ever. Instead of doing a restore start from scratch. It may take a week to run back to normal but you can spend that week installing your apps and such. Do a backup before hand so you can always restore if you want. If you can do separate backups for apps and games so you don't lose progress. I, personally, would start from scratch again. Oh and just so you know the browser will not like you for a good week. Seems to have issues until it settles down. good luck.
    07-22-13 08:04 AM
    Hmmm...I am trying a June backup restore first, as I would consider a clean OS install only if nothing else works. Too time consuming to chase all of my apps down again...don't have time for that! As it is, I will have to re-purge photos and install several application updates. Quite annoying and if this keeps up, I will have to set the Playbook aside and get something that is more stable.
    07-22-13 10:28 AM
    Well, after about 2 1/2 hours with it, nearly there. Seems to be a corruption in work e-mail connection. Calendar still not synching, can't get LinkedIn to connect properly. Had to re-delete photos one by one again. I've been a PlayBook supporter but this is just crap...I will live with one more borking of the OS and then will have to get another device. Life's too short...
    07-22-13 12:22 PM
    P.S. Someone please root this sucker successfully!
    07-22-13 12:25 PM
    Life is too short. I'm glad I don't have your problems. Try a Nexus 7 or something and be happy. Although you will have to go chasing down all your apps and all that again. Oh, and it may start to give problems down the road, but that's technology for ya. Cheers.
    07-22-13 01:43 PM
    Working today apart from Linked In, but I gather that's a problem now that everyone is having. My lesson learned on this is to dump the accounts first, then bring those back one at a time. I think that would have solved the active synch problem. My work email mail settings are very tricky, that's why I tried the restore first... Well, fingers crossed. I do like the pb hardware but the OS does seem to have its odd instabilities...
    07-23-13 09:29 AM