can someone confirm if "remote" typing is working. Typing on your bbry and displaying text on pb?
    That's going to require a bridge update..
    01-18-12 09:54 PM
    I'm surprised to see it still doesn't include the end user features.. we're a month-ish plus or minus 2 weeks from launch, you'd think there would be a full beta by now..
    Don't be surprised. You will not see a full beta with the end user features.

These betas are for developers to use in testing their own stuff, not for anyone to be
    testing out the end user features.

While they do have betas for that purpose, they are internal and in the hands of particular testers, but will not be made generally available. You'll see the bulk of the end user features only when 2.0 is released in February.
    01-18-12 09:54 PM
    I note that once again, RIM is actually meeting a deadline ahead of schedule.

I recall there had been a commitment to provide one last developer preview before the end of January...

(downloading as we speak... my wife tells me I seem to be as giddy as a kid at Christmas )
    00stryder likes this.
    01-18-12 09:55 PM
    wooooo autocorrect and predictive text!!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-18-12 09:57 PM
    Oh, is the "Accounts" tab in the System Settings?
    rickywn02 likes this.
    01-18-12 09:58 PM
    I note that once again, RIM is actually meeting a deadline ahead of schedule.

I recall there had been a commitment to provide one last developer preview before the end of January...

(downloading as we speak... my wife tells me I seem to be as giddy as a kid at Christmas )
    My wife just rolls her eyes at me... :/
    01-18-12 10:00 PM
    Oh, is the "Accounts" tab in the System Settings?
    Not there.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    I hope we are seeing something close to the big release of 2.0. Still downloading 452 for me
    Lets see...
    Check list.
    Browser.
    bridge.
    Pictures.
    Camera.
    Apps (NFS and Tetris)
    Video Chat.
    I think thats what we need to check. .
    So you are confirming that video chat works?
    01-18-12 10:03 PM
    The funny thing is, the new developer beta is still behind what RIM had at CES - yfrog.com/odd7akj
    01-18-12 10:04 PM
    Well I took the plunge, we'll all lose it when the beta ends anyway - my download was 448mb and it downloaded twice!!!!
    Yes the PB 'was' rooted before I started.

Google market and gmail are still there but no longer work.

When I run dingessh I get the following:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
    @ WARNING: UNPROTECTED PRIVATE KEY FILE! @
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
    Permissions 0644 for 'rsa' are too open.
    It is recommended that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
    This private key will be ignored.
    bad permissions: ignore key: rsa
    Enter passphrase for key 'rsa':

Any ideas?
    01-18-12 10:04 PM
    Keyboard tab in settings is now functional. Web browsing is extremely smooth. No checkerboarding, no glitching, smooth as butter. Keyboard is beautiful! I am very happy with this amazing release.
    01-18-12 10:05 PM
    So you are confirming that video chat works?
    Video chat does not work.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    01-18-12 10:07 PM
    All the native Apps/Games still don't work with this release? specifically Asphalt 6, Samurai2, Eternal Legacy?

I recently downgraded from the 2.0 Beta (which is awesome and I miss it) because I will be bringing my Playbook with me to Costa Rica for 3 weeks and wanted to maximize its entertainment level for my plane/Bus rides.

I would LOVE for more apps to be supported in this beta release so that I could re-upgrade before I go.

So any information on compatibility would be awesome!

I have two of those three games (missing Samurai 2) on the last OS 2.0 dev build and they worked fine. Though, I think I downloaded them after upgrading so maybe that was part of the reason?
    01-18-12 10:07 PM
    The background images that weren't there for me with the previous build are now back. And autocorrect and predictive typing is there now! Awesome
    01-18-12 10:08 PM
    The funny thing is, the new developer beta is still behind what RIM had at CES - yfrog.com/odd7akj
    sigh... thanks for the dissapointment Bla1ze
    01-18-12 10:08 PM
    Not a big surprise, really. When the full release hits, RIM will want the biggest splash possible. Releasing a feature-complete preview to devs/enthusiasts would dilute some of that thunder.
    Kingkracker likes this.
    01-18-12 10:10 PM
    From memory screen rotation didn't work.
    01-18-12 10:12 PM
    I have two of those three games (missing Samurai 2) on the last OS 2.0 dev build and they worked fine. Though, I think I downloaded them after upgrading so maybe that was part of the reason?
    Hmm okay maybe it is worth trying then... I actually did not have Asphalt 6 before when I was on the OS 2 beta. But EL always crashed after the loading screen and Samurai 2 would crash on launch.

I just finished loading 40GB worth of TV / Movies / Music onto my Playbook and I really don't want to have to wipe and reload if the beta end up not being able to launch the game apps.... I am tempted to do it just for the browser though I forgot how terrible the stock browser on 1.0.8 was
    01-18-12 10:19 PM
    Video call still not up..i will stay with 1.8 os due im always video call with my family and my gf..
    How 1.8os also get update thia weeks..
    willie44 likes this.
    01-18-12 10:20 PM
    For those with bridge you will find a nice surprise while writing on the web while bridged.
    If you are talking about the predictive text and suggestion feature you do NOT need to be bridged... that is a stand alone option. Its under the settings so it is part of the OS and also disconnected my torch and still had predictive/suggestion except for in apps does not work in Facebook atleast.
    01-18-12 10:22 PM
    Omg predictive text is amazing.
    biggulpseh likes this.
    01-18-12 10:28 PM
    u dont need to wipe to install this right? also does it erase anything?
    Wow cannot wait for spell check! going to be amazing! cummon slow internet only half way! lol
    For those interested the browser scores 344 w/ 9 bonus points on the HTML5 test
    01-18-12 10:29 PM
403 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD