Always had such easy access to a calendar!

http://i39.tinypic.com/xe3ps7.jpg

Was I the only one unaware of this? Love my Playbook and all it's goodies!
    Denus, polytope, Mikey_T and 7 others like this.
    04-10-12 07:10 PM
    Yep it's a lovely feature. Believe me there is still alot of peepz out there that doesn't know about this.
    04-10-12 07:14 PM
    Well, that's a new one to me too. Thanks! Now I'm going to have to try pressing on everything to see what else I've been missing!
    mzceetee and kbz1960 like this.
    04-10-12 07:28 PM
    Lol... this is funny. But glad you guys figured it out lol
    04-10-12 07:30 PM
    Pretty cool. Thanks!

Mine also has an alarm listed at the bottom.
    04-10-12 07:31 PM
    I'll say it as many times as necessary. RIM has some pretty good ideas about user interface for the PlayBook.
    No one has done multitasking as easy as them.
    No one has done the slide-to-wake-up.
    No one has allowed for easy configuration in as few steps as the PlayBook.

Hang in there Canadian phone maker, you can do it!
    04-10-12 07:33 PM
    Agreed the whole the whole top corner toggle down bar is so handy and accessible from any app, just smart.
    04-10-12 07:39 PM
    Agreed the whole the whole top corner toggle down bar is so handy and accessible from any app, just smart.
    Definitely,

It's one of the reasons why I actually prefer the QNX based OS on the PlayBook as compared with other mobile operating systems, and as a reviewer I've experimented with many.
    04-10-12 07:45 PM
    I had known about the clock and calendar, and was just trying to find it in the User Guide... NOT there! Then I kept scrolling down and did find this that wasn't in there before........ see page 58..

Facebook-Navigating Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook tablets
    New features New with Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook tablets 2.1. you can now view your Facebook groups, write on a group wall, and upload photos to a group.

KOOLWATER likes this.
    04-10-12 08:07 PM
    cool. There needs to be some kind of consistent hint for these hidden features -- otherwise people will not get them. These are not supposed to be Easter Eggs.
    04-10-12 09:06 PM
    Crimminnie! Now I know were those Easter Eggs went!
    04-10-12 09:36 PM
    Ha! I had no clue that was there either.
    04-11-12 06:58 AM
    Just found this out now too :P

thanks
    04-11-12 07:05 AM
    This actually has been there since 1.0. Unfortunately it doesnt link to your calendar application itself, and if you click again it takes you to the date/time settings. They need to eliminate the calendar icon and integrate it into this.
    Barljo likes this.
    04-11-12 07:26 AM
    sooo didnt know...and i am usually one of those who smile smuglly when people ask about how to move icons around the screen and other such things on forums
    spike12 likes this.
    04-11-12 07:52 AM
    I can't seem to get mine to bring up the calendar
    04-11-12 01:02 PM
    Press on the time/date one time and it will pop up to show a month view. It wont launch your actual calendar app.
    04-11-12 01:17 PM
    Press on the time/date one time and it will pop up to show a month view. It wont launch your actual calendar app.
    Have tried that and tried just pressing and holding it down. Not a big deal, just odd that it doesn't work
    04-11-12 02:21 PM
    Try to reboot your PlayBook and try it again. Dunno if that works though.
    04-11-12 02:22 PM
    I'll say it as many times as necessary. RIM has some pretty good ideas about user interface for the PlayBook.
    No one has done multitasking as easy as them.
    Actually, I believe webOS predates Playbook OS on ease-of-use for multitasking, i.e. the "card" metaphor - apps are cards, viewable side-by-side when shrunken, and flick'ed up to kill.

I was very glad when I saw RIM had adopted the same gestures.
    04-11-12 07:28 PM
    this has always been a PB feature from OS1 days
    Last edited by Walcolm; 04-13-12 at 07:47 AM. Reason: x
    04-13-12 07:45 AM
    When i press my calendar button, a cup of coffee appears.

God i love these hidden features.

04-13-12 08:19 AM
    nope.. no clue
    04-13-12 10:45 AM
    Definitely,

It's one of the reasons why I actually prefer the QNX based OS on the PlayBook as compared with other mobile operating systems, and as a reviewer I've experimented with many.
    Same here. Have all 3 OS's at home. I love my android htc sense ui for phone but heavily prefer the Playbook over my htc jetstream tablet. Its a shame the lack of apps really puts the pb at a disadvantage. Hopefully by bb10 release that will change.
    04-13-12 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD