Does anyone have any idea as to why the network access on the PlayBook is so hit or miss?

If I want to copy files to the PlayBook over WiFi, I access the device (\\playbook) via the LAN. Sometimes the window opens, other times the PC can't find the PlayBook. I'll try a few times and eventually it opens. I copy files successfully and close the window. 5 minutes later I try again and get an error saying it can't be found on the network.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    02-13-13 11:07 PM
    Map it as a permanent network drive. I haven't had a problem with this with windows 7 or 8. PB and Windows will let the connection go idle after some time. If you click the mapped drive it will auto connect back
    02-13-13 11:20 PM
    Mine keeps doing this thing where it tells me that I can't access it for some reason then I pull down the wifi menu and it's greyed out and has a no access sign next to it. Then I have to save it and reconnect. WTF.
    02-13-13 11:28 PM
    PB has WiFi access and browsing the internet, but the PC won't see \\playbook.

I just tried mapping it as a network drive - same error "Windows cannot access \\playbook"

This has been happening for months and today's update didn't seem to fix it.
    02-13-13 11:55 PM
    Wi-Fi Sharing

Complete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi connection*for*BlackBerry*PlayBook:
    1. From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon.
    2. Select Storage and Sharing.
    3. Toggle Wi-Fi Sharing to ON.
    4. Tap Properties to verify network identification information. (PlayBook name, password etc)
    5. From a Windows or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook which can be found under Settings > About > Network.
    a. On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box (shortcut of Windows Key + R) and type file:\\127.1.1.1*or. \\127.1.1.1*(where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    b. On a Mac computer, select Go > Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    6. Once the device is connected to the computer, navigate to the media folder which contains several sub-folders such as documents, music, photos, videos, etc,*the BlackBerry PlayBook user can then move files between the computer and these folders.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

if you set a staticip on the playbook, you should be able to map it as a network drive.
    MrLynd54 likes this.
    02-14-13 02:24 AM
    I have it set up correctly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Trying to access via the IP address often results in an error too.
    02-14-13 02:30 AM