Hey guys, so as stupid as it might seem, I have bought from amazon the blackberry playbook, because I really wanted the tablet so bad when it came out. I am waiting till it arrives and I know that it is not supported anymore but I think I will find good use of it and i'm going to try to bridge the playbook with my z10 , but there is something that concerns me. So let's suppose that the playbook comes with os1.0 or os 2.0, now that the support has been dropped will I still be able to update the software to the latest version 2.1(and some numbers behind it)? Thanks
    05-21-14 02:30 PM
    Hey guys, so as stupid as it might seem, I have bought from amazon the blackberry playbook, because I really wanted the tablet so bad when it came out. I am waiting till it arrives and I know that it is not supported anymore but I think I will find good use of it and i'm going to try to bridge the playbook with my z10 , but there is something that concerns me. So let's suppose that the playbook comes with os1.0 or os 2.0, now that the support has been dropped will I still be able to update the software to the latest version 2.1(and some numbers behind it)? Thanks
    Once you're connected via WiFi, you should still receive the notification to update to OS 2.1.0.1917. I wiped and updated a Playbook for someone about 2 weeks ago, with no problem. There are no future updates, but the last one will still be available.
    05-21-14 02:53 PM
    You will always get the latest software as long as BlackBerry servers exist. It will ask you to update during setup, which you have to do nce the device 1st boots.
    05-21-14 02:53 PM
    Everyone, thanks for the help.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-22-14 06:54 AM
    Appears the servers are down now. :|
    enesberry likes this.
    05-29-14 07:30 AM
    If the latest OS is definitely not available, the autoloaders can be downloaded from post #40 here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...23/index2.html.
    enesberry likes this.
    05-29-14 10:43 AM
    Thank you, as it seems my playbook needs 1 week or more to arrive so if the servers are down the autoloaders might come to help.
    05-30-14 04:00 PM
    Strange......Thanks for the information.
    05-30-14 04:02 PM
    I would sideload BB10 instead.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 04:02 PM
    It is fun to sideload bb10 but it has lots of problems. Can the issue with the update servers be temporary, because i read a few other old threads and it seemed that it used to happen even in the past.
    05-30-14 04:12 PM
    It is fun to sideload bb10 but it has lots of problems. Can the issue with the update servers be temporary, because i read a few other old threads and it seemed that it used to happen even in the past.
    It can be temporary or forever.
    enesberry likes this.
    05-30-14 04:16 PM
    If the latest OS is definitely not available, the autoloaders can be downloaded from post #40 here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...23/index2.html.
    It may be a good idea to download the appropriate one now anyway -- just to be safe. The person "hosting" the autoloader may not do so forever.
    enesberry likes this.
    05-30-14 04:25 PM
    It wasn't stupid. I just got my 3rd playbook from Ebay. Can't live without it. At home or in Europe, its my email, facebook, banking, pay biils, purchase online, watch free movies when attaching it to my HD tv, taking photos and videos, youtube, music and everything else. I rarely turn my PC on and I've never been happier.
    08-16-14 07:53 AM