While we wait for BB10 to come to the PlayBook and desperately at that, honestly, I can understand the delay. They need to work out redundancies in the OS to deal with the larger screen. At least that's what I think, and don't mind the waiting at all. My PlayBook serves my needs perfectly atm. Only thing I'd love is for full BlackBerry Bridge like before or at least to have the Remember app with Bridge. But that's something I can ignore for now.
    Now here are my thoughts on what I'd love the PlayBook and the BlackBerry 10 platform to be together.

What I'd really like is a way for my PlayBook and phone to be truly one. Like if I'm writing a doc with Docs to go on one device I can just bump it to continue on another device, like PlayBook to BB10 phone and vice versa if I wanted or needed to. Not like save the file and then open it with Box or similar service in the next device. I want to be able to just "push" it to my PlayBook / phone so that it's already there when I reach for it.

Sort of how we push websites from the browser to the PlayBook already but for more apps and for into work both ways. This would seriously help declutter some desks.
    Imagine using the PlayBook as your desktop by connecting it to a monitor a BT Keyboard and mouse by just pushing a file to it and having it there for waiting for you, instead of the other way around, before you even sit at your desk, and if you need to move from your desk but still have work to do, you can just push it to your phone if you can't take your PlayBook with you and "Keep Moving" with your virtual workplace with you at all times.
    Something else that would be cool is to have the ability to have one's phone as a remote for the PlayBook while it's in a game. Imagine you open a game in your PlayBook while it's hooked to a TV and using your remote as a controller.
    Now all this would be amazing and by all means seems feasible, now if BlackBerry do it is another thing and if they do do it right, they would be the first to tap into such a market. Now what do you guys think? Should we continue to complain about the lack of an update, or should we wait patiently to see what BlackBerry is working on for the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by amp323; 05-19-13 at 03:11 AM.
    eldricho likes this.
    05-19-13 01:14 AM
    Ehm, maybe you should consider getting an iPad/iPhone combo, because it sounds like icloud has more or less what you're looking for.

For example, if your iPad is in the kitchen, and you're sitting typing a document in the living room on your iPhone, you can put the phone down, go to the kitchen and open the document on your iPad, and everything you just wrote will be there, with no syncing required or anything.

Same thing also goes for podcasts. If you listen to a podcast on your iPhone and pause or stop it, you can pick up your iPad, press play, and it'll resume playing exactly where you got to on the other device. It's kinda mindblowing the first couples of times you try it.

As for the Playbook, it seems like RIM has pretty much abandoned it, though I certainly hope they'll keep their promise and release the BB10 update. Going forwards though, it doesn't seem like BBRY has a lot of faith in tablets. Heinz doesn't think they'll be around in five years, so I really don't know if youll see another tablet from them...
    05-19-13 03:52 AM
    Honestly, I don't understand these remarks of the PlayBook being abandoned. Sure, we haven't gotten BlackBerry 10 release yet. But abandoned? What makes you think that?

The last OS update was released just a little over 3 months ago. Sure, it wasn't BlackBerry 10, but as it is right now it's perfectly stable and the only real problem most seem to be encountering is the limitations of Bridge when paired with a BlackBerry 10 device, this could be fixed with an update to the Bridge app. But then again. There has to be a reason they didn't release it with the same features that are available with Legacy OS devices. But heck, that's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-19-13 05:20 AM
    Ehm, maybe you should consider getting an iPad/iPhone combo, because it sounds like icloud has more or less what you're looking for.

For example, if your iPad is in the kitchen, and you're sitting typing a document in the living room on your iPhone, you can put the phone down, go to the kitchen and open the document on your iPad, and everything you just wrote will be there, with no syncing required or anything.

Same thing also goes for podcasts. If you listen to a podcast on your iPhone and pause or stop it, you can pick up your iPad, press play, and it'll resume playing exactly where you got to on the other device. It's kinda mindblowing the first couples of times you try it.

As for the Playbook, it seems like RIM has pretty much abandoned it, though I certainly hope they'll keep their promise and release the BB10 update. Going forwards though, it doesn't seem like BBRY has a lot of faith in tablets. Heinz doesn't think they'll be around in five years, so I really don't know if youll see another tablet from them...
    Pretty good "flow" there for an out dated "os".

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:06 AM
    something i would like to see added to the playbook is support for jelly bean that would kick more life into the playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-19-13 06:17 AM
    Since I got it I have spent approx $100 and bought several apps/games for my Z10
    One, I repeat: O-N-E of them showed up as 'available' on my PB.
    If I rememeber correctly out of 15-20 PB apps I could install on Z10 five of them. For free.

Why would I spend my money again to get BB10 apps (or their equivalent) on PB OS.
    Assuming they were available for PB OS and we know it is not the case
    05-19-13 06:55 AM
    We already know BB10 and the Playbook aren't directly comparable. That's more than likely the reason why you can't buy once and get everywhere. I would imagine that is coming when the Playbook is updated.

BB10 will soon support Jelly Bean, when it's released on the Playbook there is no reason to assume it wouldn't be there too.

I think we will see exactly what was said come from bridge: the ability to have the Playbook run the main app and then something else besides the remote displayed on the phone. Although if I remember correctly bluetooth game pad support was discussed at Live this past week so you may not need to use the phone as a game pad

When BB10 is finally released on the Playbook it will be different than the phone, though familiar feeling. My gut is we won't see the hub in the same way on the tablet. It will still be there, just accessing it will be different. Bridge will be wholly awesome! QNX has the ability to do distributed computing so I think Bridge will take big advantage of that. Not to mention I think they will open it up to allow third party apps to behave in particular ways when Bridged. Think about it: when Bridged you could get a whole Bridge workspace(similar to how they do the work workspace now on the phones) where when you open an app there it does something special in conjunction with the Playbook. For example: yoy open Slacker on you phone via the Bridged workspace and it opens on the Playbook while on the phone it opens a Slacker control panel so you don't have to use Remote Control to use it. Then, if you disconnect your Bridge Slacker will continue to play from your phone with the phone app interface.

I think BB10 will be awesome on the Playbook. I just wish they would show us it sooner rather than later. But, I can wait, especially if they taking their time to get it right
    05-19-13 07:37 AM
    We already know BB10 and the Playbook aren't directly comparable. That's more than likely the reason why you can't buy once and get everywhere. I would imagine that is coming when the Playbook is updated.
    That was my point
    05-19-13 03:44 PM