Thanks. I still love my PlayBooks although they aren't getting as much use now that I have the z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:49 AM
    Hi, just found my missing playbook that had been swept up in storage during renovations. It's been about 3 months since I last saw it, and I was worried about the battery. Plugged it in and got the battery with the bolt on the screen - good sign! It turned on for a minute or so, however now it won't. Just keeps showing the battery symbol. It's got a pulsing green light however. Family member has borrowed the charger the playbook came with, so just using regular phone charger. Not sure it's doing enough. I'm worried about the life of my playbook here. Should I just leave it plugged in and charging for about an hour? If it does end up being ok... will the battery life be affected? Got a long trip ahead of me soon and would like to have my regular long battery life with it. Although any tips just to make sure it works would be great. Not really a tech-y person, and I have no idea what to do!
    07-18-13 08:02 PM
    Most probably the phone charger just can't give enough current to bring playbook back to life. The original charger has 2A output reading. Common phone charger usually around 1A only.
    07-19-13 01:26 AM
    Thank you its work perfect for me
    09-06-13 07:40 AM
    everything happens until the green light, i don't get the green light. after the bolt battery my screen goes off and after a while the playbook starts but only startutp screen, when the OS should appear it turns off.
    Exactly same problem for me, any solutions so far?
    09-18-13 08:04 AM
    i tried ur method and it worked.........thanks
    11-14-13 04:12 AM
    Hi all, newish to Blackberrys, finally succumbed in the last month with my works issued Curve9320. Honestly has been a life saver, has saved me so much time.
    Bought my daughter a PlayBook for Xmas 2012, asked her to look it out (dont think she has touched it since July). Dead. Looked through many of the posts throughout Crackberry over the last 24 hours and plumped for the stack charge method.

Heres my progress so far. Powered on at socket through stock PB charger, after 2 seconds solid red LED,after 18 seconds red LED goes out and battery symbol with lightning bolt appears,after 17 seconds this icon disappears and the green LED appears for 2 seconds then goes off,5 seconds later the whole process repeats.
    This is happening after doing the stack charge method for 70 minutes (60 seconds power on, 5 seconds power off, 60 seconds power on etc etc)

Any further ideas, driving me slightly mad......
    Last edited by glasgowgas; 12-22-13 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-22-13 04:14 PM
    Hi all, newish to Blackberrys, finally succumbed in the last month with my works issued Curve9320. Honestly has been a life saver, has saved me so much time.
    Bought my daughter a PlayBook for Xmas 2012, asked her to look it out (dont think she has touched it since July). Dead. Looked through many of the posts throughout Crackberry over the last 24 hours and plumped for the stack charge method.

Heres my progress so far. Powered on at socket through stock PB charger, after 2 seconds solid red LED,after 18 seconds red LED goes out and battery symbol with lightning bolt appears,after 17 seconds this icon disappears and the green LED appears for 2 seconds then goes off,5 seconds later the whole process repeats.
    This is happening after doing the stack charge method for 70 minutes (60 seconds power on, 5 seconds power off, 60 seconds power on etc etc)

Any further ideas, driving me slightly mad......
    Do you have / have access to a rapid charger - either the dock, or the travel one?

(I mean the one with the 3 pins and magnetic locating connector)
    12-23-13 07:06 AM
    Do you have / have access to a rapid charger - either the dock, or the travel one?

Dont have one to hand, but was hoping if i can get the PB back to life, of using the dock for work and at home.

64gb hdmi out........i know there are other tablets out there, but the connectivity between my 9320 and the PB is enticing!!

Thanks for replying and thanks to all in advance
    12-23-13 04:10 PM

Hi all,quick re cap. Received the rapid charger.today, plugged . I did no stack charging,none. Plugged. In rapid charger, red led for ten seconds, battery icon with lightning. bolt showed for another ten seconds, green led lit up.......................AND IT STAYED ON!!!!!!!!!!!! PlayBook back to life and working (and) charging like a trooper
    Many thanks to all
    12-31-13 01:26 PM
    Hi all,quick re cap. Received the rapid charger.today, plugged . I did no stack charging,none. Plugged. In rapid charger, red led for ten seconds, battery icon with lightning. bolt showed for another ten seconds, green led lit up.......................AND IT STAYED ON!!!!!!!!!!!! PlayBook back to life and working (and) charging like a trooper
    Many thanks to all
    I thought that may be the case.

Does all this stack charging apply to just the stock charger (micro USB) that you get with a PlayBook - because I've had no issues getting PlayBooks that have been completely drained, working again, using the rapid chargers.
    01-01-14 05:53 AM
    I thought that may be the case.

Does all this stack charging apply to just the stock charger (micro USB) that you get with a PlayBook - because I've had no issues getting PlayBooks that have been completely drained, working again, using the rapid chargers.
    appreciate you taking the time to respond to the post, everything going great with the PB,set up bb bridge and now have my work emails and work texts being sent to the PB (eyesight not the greatest!!)

thanks again
    01-01-14 07:28 AM
    Didn't see this forum till after I bought a hudl....tried this on my dead blackberry worked first time !
    01-08-14 04:03 PM
    @Wongsky... the stack charging method works with both chargers bit the rapid charger will be much faster at getting a charge into a dead battery. Unfortunately the regular port is very fragile so a good connection can be troublesome. When stack charging with the regular charger I always unplug from the wall.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:14 PM
    Try this....

HOLD the power key for 20 seconds, after 20 Seconds do not let go of the power button and plug in the wall charger, and then let go... should get a steady red light for about 10 seconds, then the battery icon with lightning bolt should appear, after that the blinking green will appear and screen will go off.. now its charginggg..... lol wasted 4 hrs tyrign every other method, stack charging everything.... and this one worked for me...hope this works for everyone else
    The beginning steps work but after the green light, my dad's PlayBook would attempt to boot up. All the colors would show and then just shut down. I have tried everything and they all end up with the PB just shutting off. Anyone else?

The Most Interesting Device In The World, BBZ10! Keep Moving My Friends!
    Last edited by Trini-34; 01-11-14 at 11:24 PM.
    01-11-14 10:08 PM
    @Wongsky... the stack charging method works with both chargers bit the rapid charger will be much faster at getting a charge into a dead battery. Unfortunately the regular port is very fragile so a good connection can be troublesome. When stack charging with the regular charger I always unplug from the wall.
    What I'm trying to understand is whether anything other than plugging in the charger is required when using the magnetic rapid chargers, because I've never needed to do anything more than that with a PlayBook that reasonably regularly I find with no charge (not one of mine, it belongs to my relatives).
    01-12-14 05:39 AM
    What I'm trying to understand is whether anything other than plugging in the charger is required when using the magnetic rapid chargers, because I've never needed to do anything more than that with a PlayBook that reasonably regularly I find with no charge (not one of mine, it belongs to my relatives).
    My tuppence worth.......My daughter got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for Xmas, i received her cast off PB. The PB was out of power, flat as a pancake. Tried to charge using the stock usb charger that comes with the PB. Got a red light for 15 seconds, then the battery icon with a lightning bolt would appear for around 15 seconds, then the green LED would light for a second, then back to the red light for 15 secs, battery icon, green light..........

Tried the stack charging method for days on end, nothing

Purchased the magnetic 3 pin charger. Plugged it into the PB, red light for 15 secs, battery icon for 15 secs, green light, this time the green light stayed on. About 2-3 mins later the PB booted up and came back to life!! Checked battery level after about half an hour and it showed 2 per cent, an hour later 12 per cent, and an hour after that 65 per cent!!!!!

PB has never missed a beat since

Hope this helps
    Wongsky and dwhite2213 like this.
    01-16-14 04:57 PM
    Tried this. Problem with me is, it keep repeating. Like, after all the steps screen is supposed to be off, right? But after the red battery icon disappears and green light flash, screen go off for like 5 secs, than red light will turn on fir 10 seconds or so, again battery icon will appear and it goes on like this. Note: charging my PB after like 6 months.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-31-14 06:10 AM
    I have same problem. Red light comes on, then a steady green, then it seems to boot for about 15-30 secs. then it just dies, turns off and does not appear to do anything after that. I have left it on the rapid charge cradle over night and still dead in the morning. Could the battery be done? If so, is that something I can order and replace at home? Thanks in advance.
    03-04-14 09:15 AM
    The only time I ever see the lightning bolt charge indicator is when I unplug the charger. It shows for a few seconds then it's gone. Still no charging.
    03-07-14 04:32 AM
    Exactly why does the Playbook have this strange "feature" that you cannot charge it after it has completely drained? I'm new to Blackberry devices so I don't know if this is unique to the PB or all BB devices - is it a fault in the design of the device, or was it intentional on RIM's half? I thought it might be for security reasons, because if someone steals it, they won't be able to do anything with it if it won't charge, yet I think this probably isn't the case.
    I'm yet to fully drain my PB, but I've only had it for a few days.

Also, I'm in the habit of turning off all my gadgets at night to reboot them in the morning. This is extremely useful for Android devices, where it clears all the caches and resets the RAM. However, is this ritual of any use to the PB, because I've heard that you're meant to keep it on 24/7 for ever?

A reply would be gratefully appreciated (:
    I don't know that it is a "feature". Mine has been drained countless times and on each occasion I simply plug it in and it charges. No holding down of buttons or whatever.
    03-07-14 09:07 AM
    My crude but effective fix. Took about 15 minutes to set up. 1 hour later and all is View image: IMG 00000015.
    03-07-14 04:45 PM
    My crude but effective fix. Took about 15 minutes to set up. 1 hour later and all is View image: IMG 00000015.
    Does it charge normally again after closing the back cover?

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-09-14 06:10 PM
    I had this problem, heck the whole community as a whole. I've read all the forums and postings. I've read gasgowgas, F2 and others too. All say stack charge 1 min remove power from wall or turn off power at power bar and repeat. Tried for months. Couldn't get battery charge icon. Noticed that when I got solid green light and if turned off power and repeat, the yellow/green light comes back on and glows 5 times or so. Read that the charge takes place when light is solid red (some pls confirm) so I turned off power and noticed the bright green light slowly faded and if u look at the green led from angle there is a VERY low green light lit for about 20 sec. Then it goes out. I turn on the power to the charger and get the red light, if at the red light is when the PB takes the step charge the this is the steps needed to step charge. Could everyone wh was able to step charge confirm this. My PB is still dead and I'm trying to bring it back to life and charge on its own. Thank you.
    04-27-14 10:46 AM
    Yes please confirm led light sequence are we looking for red or yellow or green when step charging

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 06:51 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD