I transferred all the data from my Playbook to my PC (.bbb) extension. Then I did a security wipe of the Playbook. I can't access the files with the .bbb extension; Windows will not recognize the Playbook when it is plugged into my PC. How can I get an OS to get my Playbook up and running? I want to use it to read Kindle books - is that even possible?
    02-28-18 10:40 AM
    So after the wipe the tablet won't boot anymore??? What does it do, kinda hard to say if its dead or not. Might be able to use an Autoloader on it to reinstall the OS if that is the issue, but it nothing is happening then yes it probable dead.

.bbb file extension are secure these days.... but with the PlayBook they weren't fully encrypted, do a search and you should find some info on how to access it. Think even basic 7Zip could show you most the data.

If it's just to read Kindle books, nothing really beats a Kindle.... invest in one.
    02-28-18 11:07 AM
    Nothing happening - black screen with red flashing power light. I press the on/off, but nothing happens.
    03-03-18 09:12 AM
    Try to push the power button together with both volume keys in the same time for like 10 seconds. That will make a hard reset. In my case sometimes the power button didn't have any effect and I did use this solution.
    It's just a guess, but I hope it could solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-18 09:39 PM
    Not dead, just not used by most. I still use daily. I wish I could use kindle on my PlayBook. I do not think it is possible. Love to be proven wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-18 08:02 PM