As title, I finally succumbed to curiousity and decided to join the OS 2.0 BETA to start having some Android fun, and the registration, download and install seemed to go without a hitch, and I could float about the tablet with no issues, all good and smooth. However I then turned the device off (shut down via options) and it now appears to be just sat there with a black screen, but still powered on (screen is obviously backlit the whole time). I can't power it on or off using the power button.

Have I been the victim of some mysterious bricking? If so I take it I just need to follow this guide here Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook (also fixes bricked devices) | CrackBerry.com

Thanks.
    01-17-12 11:02 AM
    Ahhhh, seems I may have been a bit premature (ooer missus), I just tried holding the power button down for around 10 seconds and it finally switched off. Phew, I was worried id have to bother doing a security wipe for a second then.

One thing thats strange though... I can't find the Android Player anywhere? Is it supposed to be listed in the Apps sections (which by the way now just puts everything together, no more categories)?
    01-17-12 11:10 AM
    android player is built into the OS. You should be able to load up android converted apps from threads here on CB and start using them
    01-17-12 11:14 AM
    android player is built into the OS. You should be able to load up android converted apps from threads here on CB and start using them
    Ahhhhh... I thought form the Youtube vids that id seen that it was a separate utility. Awesome, thanks!.
    01-17-12 11:16 AM
    The problem you had with it stuck while turning off, screen still on, is well known. The 10s power button trick is the only way out. Just another sign that the 2.0 beta is not meant for regular users, not representative of the real 2.0 itself, and should really be installed only by developers for testing their own stuff, or power users who can deal with some issues (as you were able to).
    01-17-12 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD