Hello guys i almost have the playbook for a month now.

And i really like it , but i have one problem namely the music player.

All my music is in mp3 format but when i put 330 song on there only 160 will be standing in my libary.

When i go to air browser and find the song on there and select it, then it will say that the file type is not supported.

I don't understand why one mp3 song won't play and the other will. They played on my ipod/android phone but not on here.

Hope someone knows something.
    01-23-12 02:40 PM
    check on the blackberry site for the play books audio formats. Maybe the files you have are not supported. Maybe bit rate is to high or ?
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 01-23-12 at 03:16 PM.
    01-23-12 03:14 PM
    Do they all have the .mp3 extension on the file name?
    01-23-12 03:16 PM
    I looked in windows explorer to the songs , and i found out that most of the songs that wont play don't say in windows explorer what bit-rate they have or if they are secured.
    01-23-12 04:11 PM
    Hello guys i almost have the playbook for a month now.

And i really like it , but i have one problem namely the music player.

All my music is in mp3 format but when i put 330 song on there only 160 will be standing in my libary.

When i go to air browser and find the song on there and select it, then it will say that the file type is not supported.

I don't understand why one mp3 song won't play and the other will. They played on my ipod/android phone but not on here.

Hope someone knows something.
    I had a similar issue. A number of songs did not appear in the player but they would play from Air Browser. I needed to edit the metedata and then they displayed and played fine in the pkayer.
    01-23-12 07:32 PM
    I looked in windows explorer to the songs , and i found out that most of the songs that wont play don't say in windows explorer what bit-rate they have or if they are secured.
    well there is your answer. Download better quality songs.
    01-23-12 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD