I've done a search on the forums and been reading them all day, and not seen this one mentioned yet. I was disappointed this morning to see some people comment that the PlayBook can't run more than one android app at a time, but since I wiped and reinstalled, any android apps I add from the App World now have a little status bar at the bottom with an icon for each app running, and I can switch between the apps and each one remembers where it left off.

Additionally, a diagonal swipe from the middle of the bottom bezel to the middle of the left bezel brings up an alternative multitasking screen.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I can't see anything about it here.

Last edited by cfoxx; 02-21-12 at 04:24 PM.
    02-21-12 04:21 PM
    so does this mean that every app in the app player is always running?
    i have 5 things there and there still there after reboot..so i dont think they are but maybe they are lol
    02-21-12 04:49 PM
    From playing with it a little bit, it seems that if you close the Android Player or reboot, all the apps within Android Player close, but the icons stay there. Weird. The whole android player is a really sloppy experience, multitasking within multitasking, and the BBC News app (unofficial and not endorsed by the BBC, but available in RIM's app store) crashes Android player quite a lot.

It's weird that when running Android apps, the user interface such as on the error messages changes so much.
    02-21-12 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD